Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 'United Bates Of America' New Reality Show Follows Family With 19 Children

I love that one's named Warden. Know what his job's going to be.

I also like their first names don't start with the same letter.

That's all I got. Otherwise, they're all looney tunes.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

It's such a weird mix of pageantesqe/soap opera names (Michaella, Trace, Carlin) and no-frill, down-home names (Jeb, Ellie, Josie) with a few '1990s greatest hits' (Erin, Katie, Tori) thrown in.
    Laurent likes this.

Welp, as embarrassed as I am to admit this, I actually caught a few minutes of this fucking disaster today---COMPLETELY BY ACCIDENT I SWEAR.

I was like, WTF is this shit? They were focusing on the 22 yr old daughter Michaella or something. It showed her constantly and I mean CONSTANTLY with a baby on her hip, or feeding a baby. Seriously, never w/o a baby. No sorry, the one time she didn't have a baby on her somehow, she was folding laundry and the interviewer asked her if she was going to leave the house soon to 'get her own family' and she said probably not because she just liked being there and loved the kids. Then to hear that this womans family had turned away some 'suitors' for her previously, so she is basically stuck there.

The oldest kid, a boy, was shown going through some ridiculous ritual of attempting to ask a girl to 'court'. He was so nervous (he's 23), he was visibly sweating. He had flowers and it was just all too much. I've seen less in marriage proposals honestly.

Had to change it. It's all so horrifying.
    southernbelle likes this.

What if one of them marries a Duggar? Can you imagine the hellish clusterfuck of people at their family gatherings?!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Welp, as embarrassed as I am to admit this, I actually caught a few minutes of this fucking disaster today---COMPLETELY BY ACCIDENT I SWEAR.

I was like, WTF is this shit? They were focusing on the 22 yr old daughter Michaella or something. It showed her constantly and I mean CONSTANTLY with a baby on her hip, or feeding a baby. Seriously, never w/o a baby. No sorry, the one time she didn't have a baby on her somehow, she was folding laundry and the interviewer asked her if she was going to leave the house soon to 'get her own family' and she said probably not because she just liked being there and loved the kids. Then to hear that this womans family had turned away some 'suitors' for her previously, so she is basically stuck there.

The oldest kid, a boy, was shown going through some ridiculous ritual of attempting to ask a girl to 'court'. He was so nervous (he's 23), he was visibly sweating. He had flowers and it was just all too much. I've seen less in marriage proposals honestly.

Had to change it. It's all so horrifying.

Thats sad...very sad. She should be allowed to make her own choices. As for them 'courting'. I don't see why the parents can't arrange their marriages. Other cultures do and it works for them. If they can't date unless for marriage then i don't see the harm.

Sadly I caught an episode of this last night. I gotta say the Duggars are slightly less annoying only because they don't constantly show Michelle staring adoringly at Jim Bob. This Kelly Jo stared up at her man while he talked like he had gold pouring out of his mouth. Made me want to varmit.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information