Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unecessary remakes

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I was relieved that they never made that remake of Casablanca starring Kevin Costner and Julia Roberts that they threatened us with some years ago.
    I head it was supposed to be Jennifer Lopez, and Ben Afflick when they were together.

I never watched Dukes Of Hazzard becasue it looked stupid. I thought it was dumb of them to make a remake.

She's The Man, with Amanda Bynes

The Shining, The remake came out in 1997.

Charlie & The Chocolate factory.

Check out this website for a huge list of movie remakes Movie Remakes : List of all Remakes <----
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

do not forget to add DUNE-i was so heart broken they messed with my fave book of all timea cheap tv movie no less
    When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain

They just made a remake of the rear window the classic Alfred Hitchhock movie. I will not watch it looks like the same exact thing but a younger in the movie. I wish they would leave classics alone. There are only a few exceptions were the remake was better than the original or decent.

Eli

ANOTHER remake of Rear Window? God help us.

Eh, I found the Dune tv minseries did half of it right, and half it wrong. The David Lynch movie again did half of it right, and half of it wrong, but the opposite half.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

As far as Dune goes, no one has yet to even come close to the greatness of the books, though the one with Sting did a pretty good job.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The Poseidon Adventure. tsk! tsk! they shouldn't have.

^^

I just watched The Poseidon Adventure ... like 2 minutes ago. Haha. I haven't seen the original, but I thought the remake was pretty darn good. The only beef I have is at the very end ... uh, the life boat just happens to be right there? And then one second after they send up the flare, they're rescued? I'm sure.

When I think of a remake that was better than the original, I will post. So far, all the remakes I can think of sucked and should never have been unleashed upon the public!

Unnecessary remake: Love Affair (1994) Warren Beatty and Annette Bening's redundant remake of "Love Affair" (1939) with Irene Dunne and Charles Boyer, and its remake "An Affair to Remember" (1957) with Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant.

Good remake/new version: Heaven Can Wait (1978) with all star cast Warren Beatty, James Mason, Julie Christie, Dyan Cannon, Jack Warden, Charles Grodin and Vincent Gardenia. Earlier version: "Here Comes Mr. Jordan" (1941).
    Redundant remake of Heaven Can Wait: "Down to Earth" (2001) with the otherwise hilarious Chris Rock (they remodelled the story, but Warren still got writer's credits).
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    the only movie i want to see remade is lolita. kubrick's version was good even though i preferred jeremy irons as humbert humbert in adrian lyne's version... but neither version has really done justice to it and it's one story i would love to see done just right.

I preferred Jeremy Irons' (love him) portrayal, but feel the same way that you do Sputnik. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    debauched.

Jane Austen remakes. Why must you torture me with more Pride and Prejudice remakes the 1995 version was good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Completely agree. I painfully stuck to the end but it was just like Woody wanted to go English/American murder and I was like "well yeah, but... the characters are ugly (personality wise), so where's the attraction?"
    It sucked.
    I hated Match Point, i was angry with the ending - I couldnt believe it ended that way. Very disappointing - and no i didnt find Scarlett's character to be sexual or sensual in any way.

Frankenstein, the book was so much better. I couldnt watch the movie until the end.

Eli

Add The Witches (2008) to the list. This is REALLY unncessecary.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information