Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TWOP (Television Without Pity) rant thread

So am I the only one who is going to miss TWOP? I have many awesome memories from their recaps And I really like their message boards even though their mods could get ridic at times.
    ikmccall likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    So am I the only one who is going to miss TWOP? I have many awesome memories from their recaps And I really like their message boards even though their mods could get ridic at times.
    No, I'll miss their message boards too. I've actually read some highly intelligent commentary there--guess it depends on the show. It's certainly no IMDB forums.

I hate to see a good forum die. I still miss the huge old @forumz. That thing was a massive wheezy dinosaur by the end, but with over a decade of entertaining and mad comments and characters, its demise was sad....pity it's not even available via the Wayback. Some of the funniest threads I ever saw or posted in were at @. Oh well...good times, good times.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

The only thing I liked about them was the anti-Sandra Lee forum...I could laugh to the point of tears...
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I really appreciate the intelligent commentary at the TWoP forums, but I only lurk, never participate. It's just not what I'm looking for in a forum - with such draconian rules, no avatars, no signatures, etc. it's just very impersonal to me. The threads move too fast and grow too big to really follow, as well. I'd love to see some of the same posters with similar levels of insight move to a more fun, easy-going board.
    Trixie likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

In it's heyday, TWOP was great. It's sucked for the last few years. Good riddance.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I got banned for responding to someone who was bitching about TWoP. I re-registered a second time and got a warning for posting to the wrong thread...hurt me once, shame on you. Hurt me twice...I stopped posting. But yet I saw other posters do similar things and nothing would happen to them.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Elite Member

I hated the mods. They were strict, but at the same time inconsistent. I got dinged a few times, saw other people do the same thing and they didn't get their hand publicly slapped. I lurked because they could be so jerky to people. I stopped visiting for a long time after this thread was first started.

However, there were a couple boards there that made me laugh so hard, and it was a good place to get spoilers. I'll miss it as a go-to place for TV scoop. Won't miss the attitude from the mods, though.
    BITTER likes this.

Elite Member

Well, the best thing about TWOP is that you can find (generally) a high level of discussion about every single kind of show out there, regardless of how stupid or ridiculous. It's great to be able to get all that in one place.

When I started reading/posting years ago, the moderators were really quite hands-off. Even now, on some forums they are pretty laid back and you hardly even know they're there. I guess I've just been lucky that most of the shows I'm interested in have had decent moderators.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

I will miss it too. Like many, I never posted but it was my lurking place when I wanted to read people's takes on my favorite shows.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I haven't thought about this place in years.
    holly likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Oh wow, no idea it was closing! I even had it in a tab open for the past week.

I'll miss reading some stuff for sure, but yeah, as everyone else says, they are way over the top and controlling. (THANKS, GossipRocks for letting us run around like the wild and naked children we all are inside!). I once got a warning over there for saying on the Mad Men thread "Megan could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence". Got a super nasty message with the warning that it was so far off topic and wasn't how they do things. Really? Because I noticed long standing members seem to be able to do whatever the hell they want.

At any rate, I too will miss the old Sandra Lee stuff.
    BITTER likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

I have read stuff on their soap opera boards that had me laughing til I couldn't take it anymore. Some hilarious portmanteaus for lesser liked pairings (e.g. Jiz for Jason and Liz and Baby Jizous for their son), summing up storylines just wonderfully, I used to keep up with the Young and Restless and with General Hospital just so I could read those boards, they had me laughing so much.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I'm sad it's closing. I've been a member over there for years and used it as my go-to place for spoilers. Loved being able to find like minded people for just about any show out there.
    The mods were assholes and I won't miss the random bitch slappings I used to get. Or wait, maybe I will.

I have lurked at TWOP here and there over the years, but never posted. I never had time to keep up with the amount of posts that could be added to a thread in a day. I always felt behind and it stressed me out. I also got sick of seeing everyone dinged or banned all the time. Where will all those crazy ass people go to post now??

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread Information