Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TWOP (Television Without Pity) rant thread

Bronze Member

Default Uh-oh

Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    I
    I barely post on GR because when I first joined I kept getting used to certain posters and then they kept getting banned and I usually didn't know why
    Now you have me feeling nervous! I thought this place was the anti-TWOP. I thought pretty much "anything goes"....

I was ready to jump in and start posting But now you're saying folks just get banned for unknown reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Brido View Post
    Now you have me feeling nervous! I thought this place was the anti-TWOP. I thought pretty much "anything goes"....

I was ready to jump in and start posting But now you're saying folks just get banned for unknown reasons?

oh please...... if that was true do you think there'd be posters with a shit load of posts?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Uh. no. No one is banned here for unknown reasons. The moderators are very cool. As long as you're not a weirdo troll or personally attack someone, you should be fine.

Take awhile and read some threads, get a feeling for the board and then post away.

Just read the rules and you will be fine. Basically as long as you are not a raging fantard and do not personally attack people you will be fine. Also no racism or homophobia is tolerated-very strict about that.

but basically just get to know the rules, and remember that as long as you do not attack other posters, you should be fine.

If you have any specific questions, you can always pm a mod..they show up bolded in the area that shows who is online at the bottom of the forum.

The mods here are pretty cool(especially compared to TWOP) and most of the banned people are either obvious trolls, or are people who lose their shit and go nuts and start attacking everyone, or do a FTB (fuck the board) post.. as in "you all suck ..blah blah blah...I am leaving here forever..blah blah .." which is in itself a bannable offense. Usually does not matter since they are leaving anyway.

We actually relish it when we get a good FTB post.

This place is nothing like TWOP, believe me.

I quit posting over there because, in the threads I frequent, I found I hate all the big-time posters. My god what a humorless, sanctimonious bunch. They'll post these wall of words with their profound insights and their ass kissers will fawn all over them. It's all veddy, veddy serious too. No funny there.

The mods are out of control. They delete posts will no rhyme or reason. I don't understand why people even go to that board. It wasn't fun for me at all.

I even quit lurking there a long time ago. Fuck them.

I do love the other boards that have sprung up (like the RHONY one) and the one that makes fun of the mods.

I do love the other boards that have sprung up (like the RHONY one) and the one that makes fun of the mods.
    Where's that board? The one that makes fun of the mods? I would really like to visit there.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Where's that board? The one that makes fun of the mods? I would really like to visit there.
    It is somewhere in one of the posts in this thread. I was rereading the thread the other day and remember seeing it. I think it is/was mostly about just one of the mods? Not even sure if it is still around.

I'll look. Thanks!

Post # 68

oh it was on another board...127 pages and got closed out over 5 years ago.

Nobody gets banned here without a good reason. I think the poster may have meant that, when reading a given thread in which they can see one of the posters was banned, but they didn't do anything to warrant the banning in that particular thread, the reason may be unclear until you find some of their other posts in other threads. Does that make sense?

For example, someone may be a raging racist or insult another member in one thread but still post benignly about a TV show or a celebrity's outfit in another thread; if you only saw the latter thread you wouldn't realize why they'd been banned. But if you look around at their post history a bit it would surely become clear.

Hope that helps clear it up!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Thanks Sojita! That place is funny.

The Twat of Twop: Show Miss Alli Some Loathing - Purgatory - The Rest... - Survivor Sucks - Message Board

That board has a great RHoNY forum. They are funny.

^ oh yeah, thanks for link! What a clever idea Miss Alli had!
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Nobody gets banned here without a good reason. I think the poster may have meant that, when reading a given thread in which they can see one of the posters was banned, but they didn't do anything to warrant the banning in that particular thread, the reason may be unclear until you find some of their other posts in other threads. Does that make sense?

For example, someone may be a raging racist or insult another member in one thread but still post benignly about a TV show or a celebrity's outfit in another thread; if you only saw the latter thread you wouldn't realize why they'd been banned. But if you look around at their post history a bit it would surely become clear.

Hope that helps clear it up!
    Yup, that was what I meant!

I think I started coming here right around the whole Lily incident, but I only went into certain subforums and threads, so all of a sudden she was banned and I was seeing waves of other banned people (when reading threads that lasted over a few years) and I just had no idea what was going on.

Anyway, lurking until you get a good feel for a place is a good idea for any newbie.

I thought of something else I dislike about TWOP. The 15/15 rule. In theory it's a good rule, but I see people breaking it *all* the time and I see some mods cracking down on some posts, but not all. When I lived in the Eastern time zone I had a chance to post in new episode threads right after seeing an episode, but now in the Pacific time zone if I'm watching a show that generates lots of posts I have to either start reading the thread before I've seen the episode or dedicate an entire night to getting caught up on the thread if I have any hope of posting while conversations are still going on and before all the good points about episodes have been made.

Even if the thread is more than 15 pages for new episodes, I wouldn't risk posting without reading the whole thread, because I'd be likely to say something that the mods warned people about around page 1 or 2.

WTF is the 15/15 rule?

BTW - new posters, I noticed that when I wasn't logged in the is a rules-thingy that you have to agree to before you even get to the registration page now - it does make it all a lot clearer.
    Free Charmed.

Thread Information