Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TWOP (Television Without Pity) rant thread

January another poster at TWOP sent me this link. It's a board created by TWOP refugees. They talk about the Housewives show there. You might want to check it out.

rhony.freeforums.org • Index page

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    January another poster at TWOP sent me this link. It's a board created by TWOP refugees. They talk about the Housewives show there. You might want to check it out.

rhony.freeforums.org • Index page
    Thank you thank you thank you!! I am so done with TWOP. It's owned by NBC Universal, and that's I'm sure part of the reason why the Real Housewives threads get shutdown.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thanks bellini!

Thanks for the link!
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Thanks for the link...may have to check it out.

Are the whores from Orange County on it as well?-those are the ones I like to hate on the most.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

That place is fantastic, thanks again! I have to post this because I found it there, freaking awesome.

YouTube - KCSCougar's Channel
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

That was hilarious! Jill in a Hanibal Lector mask!

Ahahahhah..they have one for the OC bitches! yay!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I remember trying to post about Project Runway and was comparing a dress one designer made in the current episode to one they had made before and was told I couldn't do that. It had to be only about the current episode. What the hell? It was totally relevant. I can't understand why they behave this way or why people post there under the circumstances.

And there were these strange obsessive people, one show became overrun with one person with multiple user IDs writing pages upon pages of talking to themselves and agreeing with themselves about how everyone else is wrong, and everyone knew it was going on. The person would have one user ID banned occasionally for crossing the line and just sign up for yet another sockpuppet.

Bronze Member

OMG I literally googled "TWOP too many rules" and got sent here! YAY!

I just started posting last night (5 posts) and already have gotten into trouble twice!

Apparently you are not permitted to speculate about reality-TV contestants (?) or tell other posters what you think about their posts (?)

Say WHAT? My latest post was just saying I'm new, not sure of the rules, but I like the show, and hope I can talk like a grown up.

I also said that TWOP puts new people in a bind because if you are "too new", you can't message or contact a mod to ask questions about the rules. CATCH-22!

I have a sinking feeling that I will be banned before the day is out. I'm kinda psyched about that!

For now, this site is my new fave...

Bronze Member

Sorry about that---I didn't realize my post had to be approved before it showed up---I thought it didn't work so I posted basically the same thing twice. Please feel free to delete one or the other!

I got banned for getting into a pissing contest with a fan of Rachael Ray....TWOP Bayless is a total Nazi who plays favorites.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I'm wondering if another website will open that has the cajones not to pull everything down with even the mention of a lawsuit. I would flock there if that would happen. I want a forum where we can snark as much as possible about our favorite TV shows without everything being pulled down left and right. Fucking bullshit, they are such cowards.
    Have you tried survivorsucks.yuku.com ?
    The content is mostly Survivor, Amazing Race, and Big Brother, but the "other TV shows" board has a bunch of TV show threads. Pretty much anything goes there.

I used to looooove TWOP, but I feel like they cover too many reality shows and not enough fictional shows (of course, reality shows are a bunch of fiction, too...). I can't even remember the last time I read a recap. Maybe it was a Doctor Who one. I hate how TWOP usually gets rid of the show subforum when they stop recapping the show.

I never ran into problems with the mods there, but that was because I felt so confined by the rules (especially the spoiler ones, which differ between shows and even some mods seem confused about) that I barely posted. Most of the run-ins mentioned here are unbelievable and "overkill" doesn't even begin to describe what the mods are doing.

I barely post on GR because when I first joined I kept getting used to certain posters and then they kept getting banned and I usually didn't know why, but time has passed; now I know the places to look to find out about the meltdowns, etc., and reading this thread made me feel a lot more comfortable here.
    Last edited by Jadestone; July 20th, 2010 at 04:04 AM. Reason: tried to make my sentences a little less confusing

I've been lurking at the Smallville forums. Yup, there's still delusional Chloe fanatics.

Thread Information