Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Two & A Half Men - R.I.P. Charlie Harper

No way in hell he brings Charlie back. I think he'd rather tank than crawl back to him.

In fact, part of why this show sucked so bad is that it was obvious CL was offering up a big eff-you to Charlie. The show is irreverent and I expected that to continue with Charlie's offing but the fact that they went out of their way to make his death a non-issue did the show and fans a huge disservice and made CL look like a petulant little jerk.

Agreeing with Bella again.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    No way in hell he brings Charlie back. I think he'd rather tank than crawl back to him.

In fact, part of why this show sucked so bad is that it was obvious CL was offering up a big eff-you to Charlie. The show is irreverent and I expected that to continue with Charlie's offing but the fact that they went out of their way to make his death a non-issue did the show and fans a huge disservice and made CL look like a petulant little jerk.
    This is what i think the problem is. CL obviously didn't give a damn about the people who actually watched the show, he just wanted to give a public eff you to Sheen, but as I said Sheen had the last laugh cause as you said Lorre came out looking like a bitter jerk

fgg

what exactly did you fans want him to do? i was totally over charlie's character so i was fine with how they handled it.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

You can't kill off one of the two main characters in a show and pass over it. They could have poked a ton of fun at CS and they missed every chance to do so. The predictable showing of every ex girlfriend seething with hatred wasn't funny. It was...predictable and boring. Plus, some of them didn't even make any sense. Jenny McCarthy had the upper hand on Charlie. Why would she be mad at him? He gave her a ton of money. She wasn't a scorned gf. She was a thief who had him fooled.

That writing staff is hilarious. I cannot believe they sat in a room for weeks and this is the best they could do. CL had to have handcuffed them.

I thought it was pitiful and not funny in the slightest.

I agree, Bella. They had a lot of opportunities to do something but didn't. The story would have been better if Alan kept the house and took in Ashton's character (even if he's a billionaire). Plus, why do they recycle girls on this show? Are we supposed to not remember that "Walden's" wife is The same girl that played Herb's sister? I think they did this with Chelsea

Thank you! I said the same thing to my son last night! Bridget was already on the show as Herb's sister that banged Charlie. This show sucks now and I only just started watching the reruns this summer! Ashton Kutcher canNOT carry this show! Kill it immediately.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    The story would have been better if Alan kept the house and took in Ashton's character (even if he's a billionaire).
    I don't know why they didn't do something like that, especially since Charlie had already left the house to Alan. Charlie told him so in a previous episode when he thought he was having a heart attack. Alan was thrilled at first and then Charlie told him about the mortgage and how much he paid in taxes.

Comments I've read for the new season haven't been very good. A lot of the viewers aren't too happy.

A lot of people said that Charlie Sheen was the weakest link in this show and that Jon was the main star and I think the new season so far just goes to show them how wrong they were. Say what you want about Sheen, but he made the show what it was and he had great chemistry with all the cast, especially Jake and Berta.

I just heard on the radio that the ratings for this week dropped 33%.

Berta isn't even that likable now. I hate them having the voice in her head talking to us. Snarky Berta is so much better.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Very disappointing...I keep waiting for Charlie to walk in.

They could have done so many things... I think it would have been hilarious if Charlie left the house to Jake, but of course him being young he can't afford it so they get a roommate to help out. Anything is better then what they did.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkii View Post
    A lot of people said that Charlie Sheen was the weakest link in this show and that Jon was the main star and I think the new season so far just goes to show them how wrong they were. Say what you want about Sheen, but he made the show what it was and he had great chemistry with all the cast, especially Jake and Berta.
    I think the star was the chemistry between the three of them. Jon and Charlie had a special dynamic, as did Berta and Charlie. It would be difficult to recreate that.

Sometimes the jokes regarding Charlie and his womanizing or sex life became strained, but he overall he had a lot situations that were very funny.

I can't stand Ashton Kutcher so I did not watch. Not surprised it sucks. The only time Kutcher was ever tolerable was on "That 70's Show" where he was a small part of a big ensemble.

well you should give the show a go then cause Ahston is basically playing billionaire Kelso.

I will make my final decision when I see a scene or some kind of interaction between him and jake, so far the show might as well be 2 men, Jake having 1 line was worthless!

Also did anyone catch Lorre's vanity card at the end? He stays bitter and mad while Sheen is laughing all the way to the bank and a new show

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information