Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Two & A Half Men - R.I.P. Charlie Harper

The ratings for the first show will probably be great because everyone tuned in to see how much it sucked.

fgg

I thought the mom on 2 1/2 men was Greg's mom on Dharma and Greg. Am I misremembering? I watched. It was ok. I was sick of Charlie anyway.
    Posted from my iPhone
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    I thought the mom on 2 1/2 men was Greg's mom on Dharma and Greg. Am I misremembering? I watched. It was ok. I was sick of Charlie anyway.
    Posted from my iPhone
    2 different women!!

I've loved the show since day one, and it's still good, even with Ashton Kutcher, go figure.
    "I'm sorry, but I don't date ugly people."

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I didn't get the Dharma and Greg thing. Jenna E played one of the love interests on Two and A Half Men. I can't remember her whole story line but I'm pretty sure she wasn't playing Dharma, right? Why wouldn't they bring her back as the character she played on 2 1/2 Men?
    i think they didn't put her at the funeral, because she did Allen, not Charlie
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I thought it was funny too. I loved when Alan threw Charlie all over the floor when Ashton came to the sliding door.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I didn't get the Dharma and Greg thing. Jenna E played one of the love interests on Two and A Half Men. I can't remember her whole story line but I'm pretty sure she wasn't playing Dharma, right? Why wouldn't they bring her back as the character she played on 2 1/2 Men?
    Chuck Lorre also created Dharma and Greg back in the 90's, so I just assumed that was why they did a cameo.

Yes, Jenna did play that psycho chick that Charlie and Allan picked up on the beach, but her cameo last night was as Dharma. (note the short hair, etc.)

fgg, the mom on Dharma and Greg was played by Susan Sullivan:

Did ya'll happen to notice that the delivery guy (who delivered Charlie's ashes) was played by "Pete" from D&G? (guy on bottom - far left.)

I forgot Chuck L did that show too. I guess that makes more sense. Still, with all of those cameos from old girlfriends, JE confused me. I kept waiting for her to say she was Frankie and back with her daughter to live with Alan or something.

Clearly I've watched this show too many times.

Hated the funeral scene, after everything that Sheen did and said, Lorre came out as the bitter pressed person in all this especially after Sheens speech at the emmys (even if it wasn't genuine) and like others said, very predictable. I did like Ashtons character though and if you watch it as a 'new' show then its good but to me because I was a fan of original 2.5 men I felt like it didn't feel right. maybe I will change my mind after a few episodes. I don't see this lasting more then 1/2 seasons tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Well, I knew that was going to happen the minute they announced he was joining the cast. But, like msdeb, I always liked Kelso.

I enjoyed the cameos at the beginning, but the most unexpected one was Jenna Elfman and Thomas Gibson reprising their roles (albeit for 60 seconds) of Dharma and Greg.
    Add me to the "Liked It" list. I agree that the memorial was predictable, but all the cameos were fun. I don't find Ashton to be disagreeable as an actor, and actually laughed out loud at the scenes at the bar. (I really liked him in that romantic comedy..."Love, or something like it"? Pretty sure that is the title) - but I don't expect him to be Dinero for Pete's sake.

I am curious for the next episode. Characters need to develop a bit before I pass final judgement, I'll be watching the next few episodes at least.

The sitcom drew 27.8 million total viewers to its Season 9 premiere, which introduced Ashton Kutcher as Sheen's replacement, according to early data from Nielsen.

It was the best number ever for "Men," which suffered a shortened eighth season earlier this year after producers fired Sheen, who had engaged in a public war of words with his bosses. In fact, viewing was so high for "Men," it put a noticeable dent in the ratings for ABC's season premiere of "Dancing With the Stars," which averaged 18.6 million for the night. The two-hour "Dancing" was strong enough to power ABC to a win for the night in viewers, however, thanks in no small part to curiosity over the introduction of Chaz Bono, the series' first transgender contestant.

Kutcher was introduced mid-episode in "Men" as Walden Schmidt, a lovelorn Internet billionaire who had tried to commit suicide by walking into the ocean near the Malibu beach house once owned by Charlie Harper (Sheen). The episode's opening revealed that Harper had died after a girlfriend had learned of his infidelity and, it was assumed, pushed him in front of an oncoming train.

In the adults-age-18-to-49 demographic often sought by advertisers, "Men" delivered a gigantic 10.3 rating/24 share.

"Men" delivered a powerful lead-in to a new CBS sitcom, "Two Broke Girls," which averaged 19.2 million viewers.

The first night of the season proved bruising for NBC. Its new 10 p.m. drama, "The Playboy Club," bombed with barely 5 million viewers. But that show's two-hour lead-in, "The Sing-Off," didn't fare much better, with a 5.2 million average.
    http://="http://latimesblogs.latimes...s-record.html"

Charlie is right, he did win in more ways than one.

Thankyou JerriBlank - was wondering how Mr Rimes' Playboy Club went.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Hit By Ban Bus!

Just watched this over at cbs.com, if you missed it go catch it there.

Didn't really like it. Kutcher is a shit actor. He is way to old to play this character, I mean how is one a billionaire yet so dumb??

Alan's character is unlikable. He whines and moans about, his facial expression is always the same, as if he's constipated, the poor me schtick is ancient. The nudie Kutcher scenes were ridiculous, and wonder of wonders, Charlie's mojo must have possessed the man child hung like a horse, because by the end of the episode we have a menage a toi in Charlie's old bed (ewww!).

This passes as main stream entertainment?

Gag.

I have a feeling if the ratings suck that bad, Chuck Lorre will bring back Charlie somehow.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information