Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Two & A Half Men - R.I.P. Charlie Harper

So, who's going to be watching tonight to see how it goes? I'm going to turn over there in a minute.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Watched it. Won't be surprised if it tanks mid-season.

None of it makes sense. You put Ashton Kutcher in as a good looking rich guy who lack emotional maturity which, in essence makes Alan Harper the one in control. Screws with the whole balance of the show. Basically he's Kelso on a new show. They should have put Berta and Evelyn in the same house and called it good.

They also sucked up the whole funeral. It could have been hilarious. Instead it was predictable and felt very abbreviated. None of it flowed well. They're in such a hurry to get this new story line going that they didn't actually begin developing it.

Team Charlie Harper.

That's exactly what I thought. They're going to turn Ashton into Alan and Alan into Charlie. DOES NOT WORK. And Ashton really is just Kelso all over again. They royally screwed this one up. Charlie gets the last laugh.

Bella gave my answer.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Watched it. Won't be surprised if it tanks mid-season.

None of it makes sense. You put Ashton Kutcher in as a good looking rich guy who lack emotional maturity which, in essence makes Alan Harper the one in control. Screws with the whole balance of the show. Basically he's Kelso on a new show. They should have put Berta and Evelyn in the same house and called it good.

They also sucked up the whole funeral. It could have been hilarious. Instead it was predictable and felt very abbreviated. None of it flowed well. They're in such a hurry to get this new story line going that they didn't actually begin developing it.

Team Charlie Harper.
    This!! I turned the channel when he started taking off his clothes!

maybe this should be in Unpopular opinions, but i liked it. Yeah, the character is like Kelso, but i thought it was funny.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Parts were funny, like Berta and Judith's reactions to Kelso V2.0. Other than that, I really think they went for the obvious shits and giggles and left anything smart off of the table. You *knew* there was going to be a gaggle of women waiting to spit on him. You *knew* Evelyn was going to try to sell his house at the funeral. I don't know. I'm let down because they didn't have the usual sharp wit.

Plus, I freaking hate Ashton Kutcher. He comes to Iowa games and we lose. He came this week and we were tanking. No shit, someone saw him leave the stadium and then we wound up scoring three TDs in like 8 minutes. He's a damn curse. At least he didn't bring bobblehead with him this time.

I watched the roast of Charlie Sheen tonight and he looked like utter shit! He looks like an old, frail man. I couldn't believe when he said he was 46 years old. I kept saying to my husband, "He's ONLY 5 years older than us!!!"

Hell, William Shatner got up there and asked Sheen how old he was and when Sheen replied, "46" Shatner said, "You're 46 and I'm 80 and it looks like we could have gone to highschool together!!"

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    maybe this should be in Unpopular opinions, but i liked it. Yeah, the character is like Kelso, but i thought it was funny.
    Well, I knew that was going to happen the minute they announced he was joining the cast. But, like msdeb, I always liked Kelso.

I enjoyed the cameos at the beginning, but the most unexpected one was Jenna Elfman and Thomas Gibson reprising their roles (albeit for 60 seconds) of Dharma and Greg.

I have no plans to watch the show without Charlie. I still think they should have just ended it and gone out on top. Apparently, a lot of folks at IMDB don't think much the season opener either: An opening scene with a funeral is very fitting because sadly this looks like the death of the series.

Charlie and I are the same age. He makes me look a super-model. Way to go, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I enjoyed the cameos at the beginning, but the most unexpected one was Jenna Elfman and Thomas Gibson reprising their roles (albeit for 60 seconds) of Dharma and Greg.
    I've sooo gotta find that on youtube! Did TG crack a smile? I've seen 3yrs of CrimMinds and his face is so tutonic.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

I didn't get the Dharma and Greg thing. Jenna E played one of the love interests on Two and A Half Men. I can't remember her whole story line but I'm pretty sure she wasn't playing Dharma, right? Why wouldn't they bring her back as the character she played on 2 1/2 Men?

Ya I was bored 10 minutes in and wandered away and missed the rest.
    Not impressed. I'd rather watch old reruns.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I didn't get the Dharma and Greg thing. Jenna E played one of the love interests on Two and A Half Men. I can't remember her whole story line but I'm pretty sure she wasn't playing Dharma, right? Why wouldn't they bring her back as the character she played on 2 1/2 Men?
    The only reference to Dharma and Greg that I am aware of is the episode where they had the Charlie Waffles infomercial. There was one second of Dharma and Greg airing right after, basically a few notes of the show's theme music, and that was it.

I can't wait to hear what the ratings are though. I'll tune in for another week or so, just to see how things will go.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information