Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two and a Half Men has to be the worst show ever *my take*

I've only seen a handful of episodes but surprise, surprise the plots were exactly the same as the one you described. Charlie wants pussy, pussy puts up a half-hearted, albeit flirtatious fight, "LOLZ" ensure as Charlie sets out to get the pussy, Jon Crier does some goofy shit, Charlie gets the pussy. The end. I don't understand why he's paid so well. There must be some retarded Charlie Sheen groupie underground or something.

The writers seem to have the one storyline, they tweak it a little each episode -- but the nuts and bolts of it are always the same.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Well.. Everybody Loves Raymond went on for like a billion years, and that show was fucking shit
    Word. And how did According to Jim survive one season, much less eight (I looked it up!)?

Quote Originally Posted by visitor42 View Post
    Word. And how did According to Jim survive one season, much less eight (I looked it up!)?
    And what about Yes, Dear? When was that even on, and what network, to go on for that many seasons without me even noticing? And then I caught a rerun and that show sucked ass...but someone must have been watching! Its weird when so many great shows get canceled, and shows like this are in syndication. According to Jim sucked also, someone must love watching asshole men on screen.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I admit to watching it, but only for the characters other than Charlie. Jake, Alan, the housekeeper. Holland Taylor is so funny as the mother. (Blythe Danner was originally going to play that part. IIRC she didn't get along with Sheen).

I totally agree about that episode. Totally tasteless. Everything about it was gross. I really don't like it when the show focuses on his skeeny sex life. But Charlie can be funny when he's interacting with Jake and Alan.

Oh and the housekeeper, Conchata Ferrell, is great.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    And what about Yes, Dear? When was that even on, and what network, to go on for that many seasons without me even noticing? And then I caught a rerun and that show sucked ass...but someone must have been watching! Its weird when so many great shows get canceled, and shows like this are in syndication. According to Jim sucked also, someone must love watching asshole men on screen.
    That's exactly what it is! People find that entertaining, even when it's not actually funny.

For a good show about assholes behaving badly that is actually funny, watch It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Totally horrible people doing absurdly assholey, degenerate things. It's like a cartoon, it's so ridiculous. I love it.

^I LOVE It's Always Sunny!
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    That's exactly what it is! People find that entertaining, even when it's not actually funny.

For a good show about assholes behaving badly that is actually funny, watch It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Totally horrible people doing absurdly assholey, degenerate things. It's like a cartoon, it's so ridiculous. I love it.
    GREAT show, I love this one!!! To me there aren't that many funny sitcoms on the networks nowadays, save How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    Jon Cryer was once kinda cute. A hundred years ago, in a John Hughes universe.

I agree, as a teenager he was geeky cute, but he never bulked out as he grew up, like other the other two actors who played teenage geeks in the 80s. (Patrick Dempsty and the blond guy, who was suppsoed to play Cameron in Ferris Buller's Day & whose name is 100% escaping me right now...)

Elite Member

^^
    Anthony Michael Hall?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information