Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 'Twilight'

The movie was my biggest dissapointment this year. Catherine Hardwicke sucked and im glad she was fired.
    Last edited by sophie; December 11th, 2008 at 06:22 PM.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Hi! I'm New Here!

i loved the book and hated the movie.

Eli

*sighs*
    Okay, I'm seeing this in about 4 hours so I'll post my thoughts later, although due to lack of sleep after being molested by sex crazed spiders I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as I probably would with a normal state of mind. At least Elizabeth Reeser is in it. I do love her and her exes.

Oh no, I want to see the movie, but if it sucks that bad, I don't know, the books were so cheesy too.

^^ it sucked so bad they fired the director. It did well simply because it was the biggest books since Harry Potter, so the hype was already there-and because of Robert Pattinsons star power.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Eli

Loved it!

I'm actually quite surprised and impressed with how little this movie blows. Most popular books turned into movies are made just for book fans, this was clearly made for everyone, including those who haven't read the books (unlike Harry Potter movies, ugh).
    I thought everyone in it was good except for Jasper, he made me lol. And I hated the guy who played Mike. I'm sorry, but book Mike is a dorky loser, not some pedophile 25 year old-looking half-jock with dozens of friends. Bad casting for that one.

Loved Bella & Edward, oh my Lord now I remember why I loved this series in the 1st place - the first book was just so good! Shame about the rest.
    I even liked Jacob in this. A bit.

Definitely better than everybody's saying. I didn't find any cheese in between this toe at all. Was definitely a great film in general, whether you're aware of the book or not.

One thing though, I thought Rob P's acting was really quite good. I mean, did you see his face when he was sucking on Bella's blood at the end? Oh my God it was so freaky, he looked possessed!

Loved it.

I hated that book so I really don't think I'll see the movie ... unless someone pays for my ticket
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    Rob's performance was terrible. He looked the part but he had a whiny voice and overacted some scenes. His reaction to seeing Bella in the classroom scene should earn him a Razzie win...lol. Kristen's Bella seemed indifferent to Edward. Her facial expressions and stuttering when delivering her lines was annoying. I didn't feel any passion or chemistry between the two the leads. I was really embarrassed for them.
    This is actually one of my favorite parts and it's pretty spot on from the book... Everyone noticed in the class the way Edward was looking at Bella and wondering what in the hell she did to him.

I enjoyed the books and movie... Popcorn fluff... I was entertained.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

I think Brando means the "someone farted" reaction he gave. My sister and I busted out laughing when he did that, though he was quite good in the rest of the film.
    I was so disappointed with the movie, it felt like they rushed it too much trying to get every plot point in, and so Bella & Edward's relationship just seemed awkward since it wasn't really given time to "develop", I guess. Plus Kristen Stewart's acting is horrible; she has 2 expressions: blank and confused.
    Jasper was unintentionally funny - he reminded me of that sinister hamster gif, or one of those old time villains with the "evil eye" look

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    This is actually one of my favorite parts and it's pretty spot on from the book... Everyone noticed in the class the way Edward was looking at Bella and wondering what in the hell she did to him.

I enjoyed the books and movie... Popcorn fluff... I was entertained.
    I thought he looked constipated!

The movie played more as a comedy than a romance/drama/thriller.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Eli

^^ No WAY!
    I never laughed once. Everyone else laughed twice. The pepper spray, and Jessica. And they sounded sort of like pity laughs.

I didn't believe this movie could possibly be as awful as everyone says. I saw it today, and it really is. I seriously almost walked out on it, in fact I considered it at least 4 or 5 times-and the only time I've walked out of a movie is out of Tomb Raider 2, I'm pretty good for sucking it up and watching bad movies. The sad thing is that the story is interesting enough that I think with a better cast, better director, and better budget it could have been almost decent.

Also, I still don't buy into the Robert Pattinson is hot hype. Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    ^^ it sucked so bad they fired the director. It did well simply because it was the biggest books since Harry Potter, so the hype was already there-and because of Robert Pattinsons star power.
    I agree with this sentiment. I kind of wish they would have started an Artemis Fowl series, but they probably would have fucked that up worse.

^^ ugh-when I think of how BAD the film was it just pisses me off. I mean even the supporting acting was bad.

OK, i'll give props to the girl who played Rosalie-but even I can play a bitch. Its the easiet role to play ever.

Robert Pattinson wasnt completly dissapointing acting wise, but still.

I better stop now...im pushing mid twenties, and this is embarassing ;0

I haven't had a chance to see the movie yet (new baby) but I'm hoping to get out soon to see it.

I have a friend who did the hair for this movie. She told me that Catherine Hardwick was insane and (in her opinion) was a horrible director. When the preview came out my friend said it looked like the movie could possibly have been saved by the editors. My friend has done several movies and Catherine was the worst director she had worked with by a long shot.

Also, I've heard a lot of negative comments about bad makeup. My friend said that they had very few makeup artists and the main lady was horrible. Apparently a large part of the budget was spent fixing her mistakes (and from what I've heard they were still there)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information