Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 'Twilight'

Eclipse wasn't a bad book, I just finished it and I liked it. In fact, I kind of would be happy with the series ending there based on what I've heard about Breaking Dawn. Haven't read that one yet, it's on it's way from Ebay, was not about to be paying full price for a book that got such an awful response.

Love the Twilight series and liked the movie. I totally agree that Rob Pattinson is a god!!! The chemistry was amazing!
    Come on you guys, enough already. Let's ALL go and fuck ourselves for a few minutes and return to the thread refreshed and relaxed. Gossip Rocks poster A*O

I'm looking forward to seeing this. Cam Gigandet (sp?) is so damn sexy.

The movie sucked.

Eli

I saw Robert on Ellen yesterday and he made me laugh... I'm guessing he didn't realise a large chunk of his hair was sticking up out of the side? Lol. Fucking LOL. It looked so silly, and I don't get why people adore his hair either, it's just hair and it's not styled in any way, it's greasy and filled with knots.

They showed a preview and the music queue in that scene in the woods where he gets her to say he's a vampire was very odd. I have a feeling this is going to be like the Harry Potter movies... Good book, but the movie is a joke.

I absolutely adored Twilight (and in turn, of course, Edward Cullen), but I'm nearly finishing on New Moon and I'm so disappointed. It just doesn't seem the same. Far dues, Edward isn't in the book as much as I'd like, but it just annoyed me the route in which Stephanie took (predictable, and annoying).

I've heard Eclipse is the second, or best book, of the series, so I think I'll read that and forget about Breaking Dawn - that sounds like a disappointment as well!

I've read the series and saw Twilight in the theater on Saturday. While I wasn't initially thrilled with Pattinson playing Edward, I thought he did a fantastic job with the character. Kristen Stewart seemed very wooden, and every time I see her, it appears as if she has dead eyes. I guess that is good, because I consider Bella to be one of the worst characters in a book.

Edward is a prick, and teenage girls (and apparently their moms) are in love with him for some reason. For all his faults, at least Edward is more interesting than Bella, so much that I can't see what he sees in her. I am bothered by the fact that Bella has nothing going on in her life, no hobbies, no real friends, and she is in love with a guy who seems emotionally abusive (I don't want you around me, I can't stay away, I'll leave and you'll be catatonic and depressed, I'll come back and save the day...), and to top it off, she has no ambitions in life other than to become a vampire herself.

I can see Meyer's religious upbringing in her books and in the movie, and it pisses me off that the girl is so dependent on a boy with no dreams in life. How can teenage girls look up to this lifestyle? How can their mothers let them?

I wish that the books would have been about what the vampires had been like as humans (in more detail) and what they had been up to since the day they were bitten instead of the useless nit that Bella is. Oh and more Alice, I love Alice...

I guess the only bright points in the movie for me was seeing my beautiful Pacific NW, and the soundtrack was pretty decent.

Eli

I don't want my vision of Hilarie Burton as Alice tarnished by that anorexic pixie bub.

Just finished Breaking Dawn and really enjoyed it. Felt the prose describing the baby as a parasite was spot on. Always believed that more people should see what a fetus does to it's host body and this book takes that fact and runs with it.
    It's great stuff! I'm reading it for the second time this week
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

I saw this movie and am embarrassed to say I actually really enjoyed it. Hahaha. WAY better than the book. The book was atrocious.

Eli

It got a really good write up by a guy who is usually much less tolerant of these films. I guess they saw what I originally got hooked on (before the 2nd book, lol).

Hit By Ban Bus!

Twilight director leaves sequel

Vampire romance Twilight opens in the UK on 19 December

Record-breaking Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke will now not direct its sequel, New Moon.
    According to reports, the US film-maker felt that she needed more time to work on the film and could not commit to a late 2009-early 2010 release date.
    "I am sorry that due to timing I will not have the opportunity to direct New Moon," said Hardwicke in a statement. Producer Summit Entertainment said it had "a mandate" to release the next instalment "in a timely fashion". "We are able to pursue an aggressive time frame as we have the luxury of only adapting the novels into screenplays, as opposed to having to create a storyline from scratch," said Summit's Erik Feig.

--------

no script and they want it out by 2009/2010?

The first 3 books are good, Twilight the book was really good. Breaking Dawn was a major let down.

Read Eclipse and found it so much more interesting and enjoyable than New Moon. I agree that Eclipse would be a perfect ending, though the whole 'twist' at the end of that book annoyed me, predictable again.

This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen! It was painful... I laughed and cringed in my seat at the same time. I read the book so I was prepared for the cheesy dialogue, but I thought Kristen and Rob would be able to deliver the lines...I was wrong.

Rob's performance was terrible. He looked the part but he had a whiny voice and overacted some scenes. His reaction to seeing Bella in the classroom scene should earn him a Razzie win...lol. Kristen's Bella seemed indifferent to Edward. Her facial expressions and stuttering when delivering her lines was annoying. I didn't feel any passion or chemistry between the two the leads. I was really embarrassed for them.

Jasper was a bad Edward Scissorhands impersonation. Carlisle and Rosalie looked like clowns with their pancake makeup. Jacob was miscast.

The only characters I enjoyed were Charlie, Victoria and Laurent.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

^^ Jasper WAS the worst. WTF was wrong with that actor?!?!Hahaha

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information