Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The truth is still out there: New X-Files movie in works

Where exactly is Krycek looking?

“What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Zee

Yeah, like eye contact is possible. How did I miss this episode?
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

he's a fucking pervert is what he is

Thumbs up Second X-Files movie to open July 25, 2008!!!!!

If anyone else cares, the movie is happening - Yay! I'm seriously happy - I LOVED this show. Can't wait to swoon over Mulder's hot ass again.

Fox sets date for 'X-Files' sequel
    Scully, Mulder return to theaters on July 25

By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK, TATIANA SIEGEL

The long-awaited second "X-Files" film is finally a go, with 20th Century Fox setting a July 25, 2008 release date.

Untitled project reunites "X-Files" creator Chris Carter with thesps David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, who will reprise their signature roles as FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

Carter begins lensing in December in Vancouver from a script he co-wrote with Frank Spotnitz, a veteran scribe of the long-running "X-Files" television series, which became a worldwide hit in its 1993-2002 run on the Fox network. Spotnitz also co-wrote with Carter the screenplay for 1998 feature "X-Files."

Studio is keeping the film's logline under wraps, but stressed the pic is a stand-alone story and supernatural thriller that takes the complicated relationship between Mulder and Scully in new directions.

As of now, there are only two other titles skedded for July 25, both comedies. Sony unspools Will Ferrell-John C. Reilly starrer "Step Brothers," directed by Adam McKay, while MGM has bows untitled Ice Cube family laffer.

Bringing the "X-Files." sequel to the bigscreen was waylaid when Chris Carter brought a 2005 lawsuit against Fox over how the "X-Files" syndication profits were divvied up. Suit was later settled.

Earlier this year, the issue seemed to have been resolved, with Duchovny and Anderson both indicating the that the film was finally forward.

Released in 1998, feature film "The X-Files" grossed $187 million worldwide, including a domestic haul of $83.9 million and an international cume of more than $103 million.
    Fox sets date for 'X-Files' sequel - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

'X-Files' sequel is set for July
    By Leslie Simmons
    Nov 1, 2007

Fans of "The X-Files" no longer have to rely on Internet rumors in seeking the truth about a sequel to the popular series' 1998 movie.

On Wednesday, Fox announced production will start Dec. 10 in Vancouver on the sequel, which reunites the show's stars, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. The studio also picked July 25 as the U.S. release date.

Series creator Chris Carter will direct the still-untitled film. Carter also co-wrote the screenplay with Frank Spotnitz. The duo also are producing, with Fox production vp Steve Asbell overseeing for the studio.

The studio is staying little about the film's story line. All that is being revealed is that it is a "supernatural thriller" and that the movie will take the complicated relationship between FBI agents Fox Mulder (Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Anderson) in unexpected directions as Mulder continues on his quest for the truth and Scully remains inextricably tied to her partner's pursuits.

The July 25 release date would put "X-Files" up against the Sony comedy "Step Brothers," starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly, and an untitled Dimension comedy staring Ice Cube from MGM.

It also would be entering the market one week after Warner Bros.' "Batman Begins" sequel "The Dark Knight," which is set for July 18.

Fox's "X-Files" ran for nine seasons, ending in 2002. The first feature film, produced by Carter and co-written with Spotnitz, grossed $187 million worldwide.

Duchovny is repped by ICM, Melanie Greene Management and attorney Peter Nelson. Carter is repped by ICM and attorneys Larry Rose and Bruce Ramer. Anderson is repped by CAA, Envision Entertainment and Finch & Partners. Spotnitz is represented by Endeavor.
    X-Files stars, crew reunite for secretive sequel | Entertainment | Reuters

I cannot wait! Skinner had better be in it too.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Awesome news! I only recently got into the X-Files, so I'm looking forward to this.

Thumbs up

First look: 'X-Files' returns to theaters, minus alien mythology

20th Century Fox

File under "sequel": David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson return as FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in a movie sequel to the TV series and the 1998 film of the same name.
    By Scott Bowles, USA TODAY

LOS ANGELES — The sequel is out there.
    The conspiracy theories will not be.

Ten years after the first film and six years after the show went off the air, The X-Files returns to theaters with Fox Mulder, Dana Scully — and a lot riding on the bet that fans want more of the FBI's paranormal-investigating agents.

The film, which remains without a formal title, will dump the long-running "mythology" plotline — that aliens live among us and are part of a colonizing effort — that made it one of the most popular television shows in the late 1990s but ultimately drove away some viewers who found it too complex and ambiguous.

"We spent a lot of time on (the mythology) and wrapped up a lot of threads" when the show went off the air in 2002, says Chris Carter, creator of the series and director of the new movie. "We want a stand-alone movie, not a mythology conspiracy one."

That will come as welcome news to fans of the show's stand-alone episodes, which included cults, ghosts, psychics and ancient curses.

Carter refuses to divulge any plot points of the movie, but says he wanted to make the film immediately after the show ended. A contractual dispute with 20th Century Fox kept it on the shelf until the case was settled out of court.

He says the delay may turn out to be a blessing.

"There's a whole audience I want to introduce X-Files to," Carter says. "There were kids who couldn't watch it on TV because it was too scary. Now they're in college. I wanted a movie that everyone could go to."

Whether they will could be a test of the show's legacy, says Blair Butler of the G4TV network, which caters to video-game enthusiasts and science-fiction fans.

"At its strongest, it had really creepy stand-alone episodes," she says. "They turned it into a great franchise. But a lot of years have passed. We'll see if it's fallen off the radar."

She says the film could benefit from an ironic twist: the Writers Guild strike.

"I think it could be a sort comfort food for the people who loved how original the show was and aren't seeing original TV now," she says.

But Carter believes they'll be drawn by something else: the show's stars, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.

"For me, The X-Files has always been a romance," he says. "They had an intellectual romance that's very rare and restrained compared to so many relationships on TV. I think that's what appealed most to the fans. And they're back."
    First look: 'X-Files' returns to theaters, minus alien mythology - USATODAY.com

That's a pic from the new movie - they don't look like they've aged much at all to me. He still looks like sex.

I can't wait to see this!

*Muldergasms* I can't wait for this either!
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

^^^
    'muldergasms'
    i had about 3 when i saw the promo pics for the new movie... *fans herself*
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    My new favourite word!

I'm glad they dropped the mythology. The series would have been wise to stop adding threads to it after season 5-I mean, supersoldiers? Tainted water? COME ON!
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Can't wait!!! I got the X-Files box set for Christmas. I'm still on season 1. It's 20 some episodes. Of course, I skipped ahead and watched a few of my favorites.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    im having those too!

i hope they have a raunchy sex scene~!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information