Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: True Detective on HBO - Jan. 2014

fgg

i still don't know how they are going to wrap everything up in the last (2? 3?) episodes with how slowly this show moves.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

fgg...me either...but I hate waiting 7 days to find out what's coming next.

Are the two one in the same, is the theory of dissociative identity order correct? We will see.

Bronze Member

I keep going back and forwards on who the two detectives in 2012 are after - Hart or Cohle. Considering its only got 4 eps left, should be interesting to how it pans out.
    Alysheba likes this.

Oh, wow, D'jinn, I'm so thick, I hadn't considered that they might be going after one of them!

Loved the latest episode, such intense scenes! And Hart getting in deep shit with the missus and the mistress, about time!
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

The first two episodes were really slow and a bit boring but the last two..wow. And although I despite McConaughey (and I hope he won't win an Oscar this year) he is doing such a great job here.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It's weird and truly scary. I wouldn't go too deep on this one. A 'fan' I will not be.
    Last edited by Sasha; February 17th, 2014 at 04:59 AM. Reason: removed triggering article

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Oh, wow, D'jinn, I'm so thick, I hadn't considered that they might be going after one of them!

Loved the latest episode, such intense scenes! And Hart getting in deep shit with the missus and the mistress, about time!
    It may not be - they could just be wanting to get a first person view of the events, but just get the feeling that they after either one of them for something. Whether to find out if they botched the first investigation/ got the wrong guy/ one of them is doing it, I dont know.

Loved ep.4 - and while it could be a little gimmicky, that tracking shot at the end was excellently done. Just am so glad they're fast tracking the eps over from the states so I've ep. 5 to watch tonight

ETA: that I09 article! Knew the whole Yellow King thing was somehow familiar, just didn't know what from.

Im on the fence on the weird shit that crops up - considering the unreliable narrators, I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the weirdness (the bird spiral etc) were a continuation of Cohle hallucinations.
    Last edited by D'jinn; February 16th, 2014 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Missed words d'oh

Ok, I am now officially fucking creeped out by this show.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I love this show. I can't wait to see how it ends.
    Alysheba likes this.
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    The first two episodes were really slow and a bit boring but the last two..wow. And although I despite McConaughey (and I hope he won't win an Oscar this year) he is doing such a great job here.
    I'm not a fan of McConaughey either, but he is doing an amazing job on this show. He is creating a very, very vivid character. What I find interesting is that he seems a lot more animated and less spacey when being interviewed by the two detectives, than in the past when he is teamed with Harrelson. Almost like he snapped out of his affectless haze, but is still the bleak quasi-nihilist that he always was.

We have only caught up through episode 3, but I liked the producers' explanation of Harrelson's and McConaughey's characters, and the ironic parts about them. Particularly, Cohle's feelings about religion. Basically, they said that he is an agnostic/atheist, but he believes in a transcendent plane. Something like that. And that while he doesn't believe in religion, he searches through various religions and works of philosophers to try to come to grips with an understanding of how we fit into this world.
    BelledeJour likes this.

fgg

definitely picking up the pace!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

Good show last night, dismissed MM and WH are one person with dual personalities. The interview between Maggie and the two investigators was convincing. Two more episodes, how will end?

"If you get the opportunity, you should kill yourself."

Rust and Maggie...geez. I always suspected something would happen between them, but that was just...sad.

I still have no clue how this will end, but feel like once it does, I should go back and watch it again.
    Alysheba likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

I'm definitely going to re-watch the episodes. In a show as saturated as this, it's easy to miss little details, even a color of someone's shoes (Breaking Bad was notorious with this regarding the color of Walter's shirt).

And at least there are only 8 episodes to get through, not 5 seasons...!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information