Page 85 of 167 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2495
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: True Blood-HBO's new vampire series

Hit By Ban Bus!

shaking head... my post said "fans" should have read "fangs" For the love.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Peach, here's a good discussion of that point:

The Ancient Pythoness » Blog Archive » Here be Dragons
    hey that was a really good read! Comparing snakes with fangs to the vampire fangs. I liked that idea and Harris has actually not let me down yet. Her books have moved on without losing any of the excitement. AND unlike the Anita Blake series so far Sookie has stayed true to her character.. Anita just got so nasty - humping anything. Since I still don't have disc 4, are there any were's in the TV series yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    The books are great! Better than the show IMO.
    I'm warming up to the show now. At first I didn't like the dude playing Bill or the dude playing Eric and I certainly didn't like the dude playing Jason but after reading the books again I see them fitting in the part.

Maybe disc 4 will come today or I'll just start over and watch it again. HOWEVER I did have a nightmare last night! My family was being herded into a theater and I realized at the last moment they were going to kill us so I quickly grabbed my son and daughter and gave them silver necklaces to put on and we ran for the car....... thing is it's the first time in my life I've ever dreamed about having a son - I have two daughters. When I woke up thats the part that bugged me the most

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    shaking head... my post said "fans" should have read "fangs" For the love.

hey that was a really good read! Comparing snakes with fangs to the vampire fangs. I liked that idea and Harris has actually not let me down yet. Her books have moved on without losing any of the excitement. AND unlike the Anita Blake series so far Sookie has stayed true to her character.. Anita just got so nasty - humping anything. Since I still don't have disc 4, are there any were's in the TV series yet.

I'm warming up to the show now. At first I didn't like the dude playing Bill or the dude playing Eric and I certainly didn't like the dude playing Jason but after reading the books again I see them fitting in the part.

Maybe disc 4 will come today or I'll just start over and watch it again. HOWEVER I did have a nightmare last night! My family was being herded into a theater and I realized at the last moment they were going to kill us so I quickly grabbed my son and daughter and gave them silver necklaces to put on and we ran for the car....... thing is it's the first time in my life I've ever dreamed about having a son - I have two daughters. When I woke up thats the part that bugged me the most
    You should read ALL of Renee's stuff over at The Ancient Pythoness--her theories are well grounded in a knowledge of Western Lit. traditions. (midnight_charm in the comments is me. ) I luff her.

Here's that promo video--so sexy!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut7K0MuUiL4&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Went to the local library - only one copy of the first book in and a loooooooong waiting list for it. The librarian offered me a copy of Twishite instead. It was all I could do not to be offensive to the poor woman.

ETA: Novice, I *almost* saw what people were talking about yesterday. I saw a clip in passing where it looked like Eric had long hair and was wearing a brando style bike jacket (yes, I know, I'm rather predictable in some things lol) and it *almost* piqued my interest for a second. But not enough to make me start a froth in my pants over him I'm afraid. I still remain pretty immune to getting a Skarshård-on.
    Last edited by Kittylady; March 17th, 2010 at 05:27 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Still waiting for disc 4 to be delivered darn it all. I want to finish season 1 before I went to season 2.

Kittylady. I ended up buying my Sookie Stackhouse books from a used book store. I got tired of waiting.

btw the 9th book comes out in paperback the first week of April and the 10th book comes out the first week of May - in hardback (arg) hate paying for hardbacks but there is no way I'll ever get to from the library.

I've read the first online *cough* and have been debating with myself whether to buy the books in English or translated. The first one translated came free with a magazine and jeez, it's badly translated Definitely buying it in the original versions!
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

I cannot condone anyone using the internet to breach copyright in any way whatsoever and would be most shocked if any GR members knew of a website where I could read/download at the least the first book for free and left me a private message with a link in my inbox... *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Went to the local library - only one copy of the first book in and a loooooooong waiting list for it. The librarian offered me a copy of Twishite instead. It was all I could do not to be offensive to the poor woman.

ETA: Novice, I *almost* saw what people were talking about yesterday. I saw a clip in passing where it looked like Eric had long hair and was wearing a brando style bike jacket (yes, I know, I'm rather predictable in some things lol) and it *almost* piqued my interest for a second. But not enough to make me start a froth in my pants over him I'm afraid. I still remain pretty immune to getting a Skarshård-on.
    Um? *looks interested - leather will do that to a girl* maybe you could tempt me to the darkside with cookies? Or a linkie?
    I cannot condone anyone using the internet to breach copyright in any way whatsoever and would be most shocked if any GR members knew of a website where I could read/download at the least the first book for free and left me a private message with a link in my inbox... *cough*
    LOL!
    Free Charmed.

Bah! I've been back and looked at the clip and it wasn't as interest provoking as I'd first thought (but it was only in passing while I was looking for something else). Still not bad as a start, but needs more length (in the hair I mean, you dirty biker woman! ) and a less trendy jacket.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8_QElVJq-A[/youtube]

length is always good...... *snigger*
    Free Charmed.

I would never dream of doing that *cough*
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

Hit By Ban Bus!

good grief they aren't even close to the book anymore..

whats with the dungeon and making Eric such a bad guy? darn ya'll.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Little snippet from season 3 that aired at the end of last night's rerun:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P3RjlHiM-s&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ I didn't get to see that part because I DVR'd it and it cut off at the ending.

I'm watching season 2 -( which just reminded me to email that company that owes me disc 4) and Jason was not into that sect that was killing vampires, nor are the books so heavily into the wacky religion stuff it's just a back story. Wish they'd stick more to the books.

Tara is in show way to much and her "cousin" should be dead by now.

I have nothing leading up to why they are in Eric's underground basement.

I'm trying to hang ya'll but the books so far are so much better.
    Last edited by GaPeach; March 22nd, 2010 at 03:12 PM.

I agree with you there Peach. The books are way better than the tv show.
    Free Charmed.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I agree with you there Peach. The books are way better than the tv show.
    I keep hoping it's going to get better.. plus I have to say the blood in the book doesn't bother me as much as the blood on TV - in my mind Sookie doesn't spew blood when a vampire bites her, it's all neat I mean what vampire would let blood go to waste? And whats with the fang zing sound? LOL

Thread Information