Page 8 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: True Blood-HBO's new vampire series

^^Yeah, I'd think twice before picking up a book with those covers. They look like children's book. They should redo the cover art, and use the cast from the series.

I have tried really, really hard to watch the show but I think it is so ridicuous....I can't take it seriously. There are much better stories out there involving vampires. True Blood, to me, is so campy....you could easily substitute gays for the vampires and it would be the same story. Just sayin.

I am seriously starting to dislike Sookie. She's turned into a judgmental, whiny, infantile twit. I also hate the way Bill says "Soookayyy". And Jason and Amy get on my last nerve. I still love Sam and Tara and Lafayette though. King, I can't stand Arlene, so I hope you're right. Maybe she'll be Rene's next victim.

LMAO, I thought I was the only one who hated the covers!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    I am seriously starting to dislike Sookie. She's turned into a judgmental, whiny, infantile twit. I also hate the way Bill says "Soookayyy". And Jason and Amy get on my last nerve. I still love Sam and Tara and Lafayette though. King, I can't stand Arlene, so I hope you're right. Maybe she'll be Rene's next victim.
    Why the hell did I think her name was Darlene? Well, I was close.

And I thought Rene was going to try and kill her the night he proposed. The way it was set up on the dark road, but didn't happen. But I kind of like Arlene, she's good for some comedy relief.

And, yeah, Sookie's starting to become a pain. And Amy's days are numbered. Remember Eric said they can always tell when someone's wronged them?

Love this show, it's the new Mad Men. Alan Ball is a genius. I've only seen the first two episodes and i cant wait for the rest.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

lol...I had to respond to KINGCAP-"Sookayy"...I hadnt read your post prior to posting mine, or I would have quoted you to avoid the double post.

I laugh my ass of whenever he says her name, and "can i call on you".
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    lol...I had to respond to KINGCAP-"Sookayy"...I hadnt read your post prior to posting mine, or I would have quoted you to avoid the double post.

I laugh my ass of whenever he says her name, and "can i call on you".
    Nah, that was ConstanceSpry that mentioned 'Sookayy.' And now I can't get it out my head. LOL.

Eli

Lol the covers are very lame. Lucky for me the 1st book I got has the True Blood cover instead. Yay.
    I'm liking the 1st book but it's very simple. At the moment I like the show better. And Tara's in it.

Silver Member

I'll be the odd man out because I like the covers. They are unique and whimsical - I actually picked up the 1st one because it stood out on the shelf. The newer covers are too generic and boring.

As for the show. It's campy and entertaining, but really different to the books. Besides the deviations from the plot, the main difference is in the characters' portrayal. Show's Sookie is shrill and rather unlikeable, Sam is quite pathetic, not enough Eric and what's there doesn't look too promising. And show's Tara must be a distant, crazier relative of book's Tara.

I view the show as "inspire by" rather than an adaptation/extension of the novels. It makes it easier to enjoy the show. Otherwise, I'll be sitting there criticising and picking everything apart.

I LOVE the books. I also like the covers but, had I not seen the show, I probably would have passed on the books BECAUSE of the covers and the dumb titles...if anyone can understand that logic. Reading the books have made me hyper critical of the show. Why can't they just stick with the book? It's great. There's no reason to add all this convoluted shit to the show. Plus I really the hate whiny, bitchy characterization of Suuuuckie. She is NOT like that in the book. When Sam revealed himself to be a shapshifter, she was surprised, of course, but very understanding being an outsider herself. The maenad part is gearing up to, yet again, be another disappointment. They don't live in big mansions, they roam the forests of the world. So yeah, I like watching the parts of the book that they do acurately bring to life, but when the writers try to branch out on their own it really sucks.

If you like the show, I swear you will LOVE the books! I'm almost done with book #2. Gotta get some new books soon!

ETA: Oh yeah, not enough Eric. He is so hot in the book. He's blah blergh blugh on the show. Pity.

Great episode tonight. The finale next week looks even better.

Jessica the Vampire had me in tears laughing.

I knew Rene was going to kill Amy based on his reaction to Jason telling him that she did V. Looks like he killed his own sister, too.

I almost felt bad for Tara's mother when she ripped her a new one. But I couldn't take Tara seriously since she was dressed like a $1.85 hooker. And maybe if she hadn't been so drunk she would've recognized the crazy naked lady with the pig was the one that bailed her out of jail.

I didn't like this episode so much, but then I don't like it when I'm left with more questions than answers. It seemed half-done, like there should have been another 5 minutes or something.

I wanted to jump up and beat the shit out of Tara's mother acting all high and mighty the ONE time Tara gets into trouble. Fuck her.

Eric is the hotness, I'm glad he's getting more lines so everyone can see more of his personality.

Bill was looking super-buff last night. I lurvs him.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

hahaha those book covers are ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Nah, that was ConstanceSpry that mentioned 'Sookayy.' And now I can't get it out my head. LOL.

LOL...OK. SORRY-SOOKAYY!!

Thread Information