Page 74 of 167 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2495
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: True Blood-HBO's new vampire series

I think the scene that really made me think "wow, that was good" in terms of AS' acting was at the church when he had to pretend to be a redneck type.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I think the scene that really made me think "wow, that was good" in terms of AS' acting was at the church when he had to pretend to be a redneck type.
    I have to admit, just the idea of that is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I have to admit, just the idea of that is pretty funny.
    you gotta see that one. I mean, subtle and yet you notice the change immediately - right from the moment he slumps his shoulders.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    you gotta see that one. I mean, subtle and yet you notice the change immediately - right from the moment he slumps his shoulders.
    Not only that, but the subtle shift back to 'Eric' when he begins to glamour the stake away from the FoTS kid was incredibly nuanced and well done.

Also, his entire scene with the queen in the finale tells us so much about him and his state of mind while saying so very little. The whole scene felt tragic and melancholy but at the same time you could tell he was putting on a fake 'harmless' persona with her, being cunning and politically astute without being obvious about it.

I can sort of understand that SM would be annoyed if he was hired to be the leading man of the show and after just two seasons, he's on his way to be pushed of the scene (of off the screen perhaps).. but if he was promised that, I wonder who did it and why they did it. They must have read the books after all. I feel sorry for Alex (who I think is a great actor, btw - see Generation Kill, he's stealing the show) if he's getting side-lined.
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    I can sort of understand that SM would be annoyed if he was hired to be the leading man of the show and after just two seasons, he's on his way to be pushed of the scene (of off the screen perhaps).. but if he was promised that, I wonder who did it and why they did it. They must have read the books after all. I feel sorry for Alex (who I think is a great actor, btw - see Generation Kill, he's stealing the show) if he's getting side-lined.
    I seriously doubt SM was contracted to retain a certain status on the show, else why would he feel it necessary to do so much personal PR to keep himself relevent? What if the audience hadn't responded to him in a positive fashion? Under those circumstances TB/AB would be in an untenable box by being contracturally bound to keep him in the forefront.

What I think is happening is that Bill will inevitably be revealed as a deeply evil villain and SM is doing preemptive damage control. I don't think Bill will be sidelined at all but the audience's view of him is in for a drastic overhaul and, understandably, SM is doing all he can to maintain goodwill for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I seriously doubt SM was contracted to retain a certain status on the show, else why would he feel it necessary to do so much personal PR to keep himself relevent? What if the audience hadn't responded to him in a positive fashion? Under those circumstances TB/AB would be in an untenable box by being contracturally bound to keep him in the forefront.

What I think is happening is that Bill will inevitably be revealed as a deeply evil villain and SM is doing preemptive damage control. I don't think Bill will be sidelined at all but the audience's view of him is in for a drastic overhaul and, understandably, SM is doing all he can to maintain goodwill for himself.
    You're probably right and I'm not defending him either. He sounds rather douchy to me - especially his comments about his relationship with Anna. Overall I'm very annoyed with the changes that has been made in the show concerning Beehl/Eric. Some of them seem very, very odd considering how the story evolves in the books.
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

Zee

Hell no! Moyer has the range of bamboo and the emotional range of a stick of margarine. I think the character is supposed to be dark, brooding and menacing. For me the portrayal reads as pure wimpy bore. Sookie ah luv you. Sookie ah weel protect you. Sookie ah haf to sheet.

I've seen Stephen Moyer interviewed and he's a very likeable person. Loathe Bill. Hope that they get rid of the red eyeliner and bad wig for season three.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Sookie ah haf to sheet.

i also hope we get to see more of the redhead vampire... i don't know her name right now... the one who lives with bill. she's beautiful.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    You're probably right and I'm not defending him either. He sounds rather douchy to me - especially his comments about his relationship with Anna. Overall I'm very annoyed with the changes that has been made in the show concerning Beehl/Eric. Some of them seem very, very odd considering how the story evolves in the books.
    I think they're just trying to even the playing field between the two characters. From my understanding CH pretty much dropped the Bill character after book 3 (?) and made him such an uninteresting character anyway that he was never really a viable suitor for Sookie.
    ~~

Alan Ball Interview, Creator of HBO's True Blood Series | buzzymultimedia.com Blog
    Last edited by Sasha; January 6th, 2010 at 09:08 AM.

AS is absolutely mesmerizing, he steals every scene he's in. I don't know what it is, but when he's on the screen, you can't look away, even if you wanted to. Who was it here that said he has that quality that makes you want to rub yourself all over him like a cat? Perfect description. It's not just his looks, it's something about his presence.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    AS is absolutely mesmerizing, he steals every scene he's in. I don't know what it is, but when he's on the screen, you can't look away, even if you wanted to. Who was it here that said he has that quality that makes you want to rub yourself all over him like a cat? Perfect description. It's not just his looks, it's something about his presence.
    Me, somewhere in his Hot Guys thread. He's just got that quality about him, an irresistable charisma and animal pull that would work for him and make him a success even if he couldn't act. Which he can. Very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Hell no! Moyer has the range of bamboo and the emotional range of a stick of margarine. I think the character is supposed to be dark, brooding and menacing. For me the portrayal reads as pure wimpy bore. Sookie ah luv you. Sookie ah weel protect you. Sookie ah haf to sheet.

I've seen Stephen Moyer interviewed and he's a very likeable person. Loathe Bill. Hope that they get rid of the red eyeliner and bad wig for season three.
    Yes he is so much different in person. He seems to have much more life about him in interviews (no pun intended). He comes across much more charismatically. It doesn't seem to translate to his acting though. I don't like Bill either.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Lol.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WiXPDygd00&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

So...any chance Sookie can be replaced in a really really creative way? Since Eggs is dead is there a chance Tara will kill herself?

Thread Information