Page 51 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: True Blood-HBO's new vampire series

Well, a little over an hour for the season finale. I'm almost dreading it ... I don't want it to end!!! Counting the minutes ....

Thank Gawd for HBO East!!!

Sookie is really fucking annoying already.. and it's only been 6 minutes.

eta: goddamnit, if this is just going to be ERW and Askars fucking all episode I will be sad.

eta: OK, that was pretty fucking brilliant.

Best lines so far: "Worship him, bitches!"
    "God bless whoever made those jeans. I'm serious, I would wear him like a Scrunchie."
    Last edited by Penny Lane; September 13th, 2009 at 08:40 PM.

Aww sad we won't know what happened to Billy for months...

The finale was good, but it felt anti-climactic. After all of the build up with the Maryann plot, they resolved it too early in the finale.

But the ending with Bill asking Sookie to get married makes me wonder if the real-life engagement is a PR ploy. Eric was probably the one who grabbed Bill, because the person was wearing gloves.

Favorite lines: Lafayette's 'worship him bitches' and Jason's 'I love the smell of nail polish (should be napalm) in the morning' and 'If a tree falls in the woods it's still a tree.'

WTF?! That was awful. All that torturing us all week with rumors of Alex and ERW just to make everyone watch that suck-ass finale. Alan Ball needs his ass kicked.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Eric did tell Sophie-Anne that he would take care of Bill Compton. And vampires have uber sensitive hearing/senses, so I could see it being only a vampire that would be able to sneak up on him. And King, great observation that the person was wearing gloves ... I missed that, so it being Eric or one of his henchmen makes more sense now. The other very plausible explanation (which is a plot point in the books, although that means nothing anymore) is that it was Lorena. In the books, Lorena kidnaps Bill and keeps him hostage (why is a long drawn out story, and it's probably not even worth explaining because they are going so far away from the books) and Sookie rescues him ... among other things. Spoiler from the book: Sookie stakes Lorena, freeing Bill from her forever.

I was kind of disappointed in the episode. It wasn't the best of the season, and that's what I expect from a finale. IMO, it PALED in comparison to many of the other episodes this season. *sigh*

I like Jason soooo much better this season. Couldn't stand him last season ... now the Jason and Andy show are great comic relief. What I don't understand is why Andy told Jason to run off after he killed Eggs. From Jason's perspective, Andy was in mortal danger and he saved him ... which would be much easier to explain than a cop shooting someone in the back of the head because he was being "threatened." I think the truth there would have flown much easier than the lie that Andy felt needed to be told, so I don't get that ...

The story line with Maryann was getting old, but I really am going to miss her. She was a crazy bitch, but fun.

Tara losing Eggs kind of broke my heart. She's so f-ed up already that this is only going to make her even worse. And I really thought that Jessica was going to go over Hoyt's house when she left and find Maxine and it getting VERY ugly ... was not expecting her to do what she did. Also kind of breaks my heart because I realllllly like Hoyt and Jessica together. Hoyt was a very, very minor character in the books, but the writers on the show have made him a sweetheart.

I yelled at the TV when Jason called Andy, "Bubba," at the Merlotte's. I can spoil this because Alan Ball has come out and said numerous times that Bubba from the books won't be in the show because of logistics and it not coming to the screen very well (which I totally understand, but am disappointed about). Bubba is a vampire that Bill/Eric/some other vampires use as a bodyguard, almost always for Sookie. He likes to eat cats instead of humans and he's not all there. Bubba is also Elvis Presley ... a huge fan (who was a vampire) worked in the morgue when Elvis was brought in after he died and found a "spark" of life still in him, so he turned him. Because of all the drugs and crap in his system and the fact that he was almost very dead when he was turned, he didn't turn well. Bubba is dumb, but very sweet and very loyal and has great affection for Sookie ... but people are warned not to ask him to sing because he flips out. He's one of the best characters in the book, IMO, and I was sad that he won't be on TB, but I get how hard it would be to have a character that is based on a real person.

I'm intrigued about Sam's family situation because his family is different in the books.

NOT ENOUGH ERIC!! Won't forgive True Blood for that for a long time. I can hold grudges forever. I NEEDED my Eric fix.

Agreed, it needed A HELL of a lot more Eric! I mean, come on! Arrgghhh....now we have to wait forever for next season....
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

Oh, and my favorite line of the night was when Bud told Andy he'd give him his badge and gun back the next day because while Andy has his faults, he's the only wearing pants. LMAO

Nevan, I didn't get the part about Andy covering up for Jason either. I guess since they've 'bonded,' Andy feels guilty about accusing Jason of being a murderer last season so he wants to make up for it.

But I was wondering what they were going to do with Eggs, after he didn't die during the Maryann battle. Because he was a throwaway character like Daphne.

That sucked for a finale! What a letdown.

My theory is that Lorena took Bill.. but now that you've mentioned the stuff from the book I'm not so sure. Sookie was especially annoying this episode.... I never noticed how bad Anna Paquin's acting was before tonight. Jeez. Am I reading too much into this or could the hostess at the French restaurant have been "in" on the abduction?

He's one of the best characters in the book, IMO, and I was sad that he won't be on TB, but I get how hard it would be to have a character that is based on a real person.
    Did you read that somewhere, that he won't be on the show? I really liked him too. He was very endearing.

Yes, I did read it ... at least two separate articles. I just got the impression that it would be a nightmare to bring that kind of character onto a TV show. I would imagine the Presley family would object to it (read my above description of how the character is portrayed) and since it is based on Bubba being the *real* Elvis and not an impersonator, I can just imagine the headache behind the scenes to even be able to use that character legally. It's a shame. He had his Southern gentleman manners, preferred to be outside in the woods separating Bill and Sookie's house instead of inside (even though she repeatedly asked him to come inside) and even though he'd flip out if he was asked to sing, once in a blue moon, he'd break into song. And they had to keep him mostly hidden because he was too famous, plus he was a DUNCE (like I said, he was too far gone to be turned) and they didn't want him out in public. He and Sookie had a really sweet friendship. And the other vampires always looked out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    My theory is that Lorena took Bill.. but now that you've mentioned the stuff from the book I'm not so sure. Sookie was especially annoying this episode.... I never noticed how bad Anna Paquin's acting was before tonight. Jeez. Am I reading too much into this or could the hostess at the French restaurant have been "in" on the abduction?
    The thing with Lorena ... she already did pretty much abduct him in the series. She really wasn't in the book series as much, and in the TV series they portrayed her as lovesick for her child/lover (that's creepy, writing it that way) which I don't remember her being in the books. Since she already has abducted him, I'm wondering if they'd still have her abduct him again ... kind of seems redundant. Although when she abducted him in the books, it was a pretty heavy story line. i've said this before but I'm interested to see where they're going to go with the Bill/Sookie/Eric love triangle because things changed pretty rapidly (and very soon, like within the first few episodes of the third season, if they are using the timeline as a guide in the books), and Lorena's abduction was part of that. It's annoying me to compare the two anymore, because AB is clearly just using the book material as a guideline or inspiration for stories in TB (which is A-OK with me, keeps me guessing). So, take whatever I say with a grain of salt because there are parts that he's changed DRAMATICALLY.

Thread Information