Page 44 of 167 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: True Blood-HBO's new vampire series

Silver Member

I don't hate Sookie but I do hate the gap and her overdone accent.

Eric is not all that-- I can't get past the sloping shoulders.

Are my eyes deceiving me? Did I see Evan Rachel Wood in the previews for next weeks episode?.. And, more importantly, is she the vampire queen Bill went to see???

^^Yeah, she's suppose to play the queen.

I loved tonight's episode. They're really building up the momentum for the finale.

I like how possessed Terry has more sense than normal Terry. But Lafayette had the two best lines of the show 'This is the worst intervention. Ever.' and 'Tara, if there was ever a time to listen to a white man it's now.'

And Bill choking on Maryann's blood was a metaphor for how she's making everybody sick. But what was going on when Sookie touched her?

I thought I died and went to heaven for the first few minutes. Damn you, Sookie, and those sex DREAMS.

The queen, in the books, is like 17 or 19 years old (when she was made vampire). I'm totally lost because they are going in all sorts of directions that I'm actually getting confused BECAUSE I've read the books, KWIM? They announced that ERW was playing the queen quite a while ago ... there were even promo photos of her released a while ago. She's not what I pictured the queen to look like, but I have to see her playing the character before I judge. I have NO clue what the blood on the leg at the very end was about.

The scene with Jason playing the God and Sam just vanishing was so funny. With the antlers and all.

King, I have no idea what was going on with Sookie when she touched Maryann. The only thing that I can think of is that she is immune to most other supernaturals' powers ... like vampires can't glamour her (though there's more later in the series, don't want to spoil it) ... but that went beyond just being immune. IDK

Still love Lafayette. He steals almost every scene he's in.

Not enough Eric. Not enough Eric. NOT ENOUGH ERIC!!!!

Nevan, at first, I thought that maybe Sookie was able to thwart Maryann's evil because she had a pure soul. And then I realized Sookie's too annoying for a pure soul

And the scene with Andy, Jason and Sam was funny. "Smite me," 'What?", "I said smite me."

Depending on if Jessica "sealed the deal" or not... Hoyt's mama is so fucked. Revenge is sweet.

And damn, why did Terry have to get all "dont hurt my special lady"?.. I wouldn't have minded seeing a nail or 12 pumped into Arlene's head.

Jason as god was hilarious.. "this is the best sacrifice. EVER. you will have great weather and.. crops."

I think Jason was my favorite part of this episode. I died between the chainsaw and the god with the branch antlers.

I'm sad for where Hoyt and Jessica seem to be going. I doubt they're gonna be able to get past the whole "I (probably) killed your mom" thing. I loved them together too, they were becoming one of my favorite parts of the show, they were just so cute.

Great episode! I loved it all. I agree about Lafayette having the best lines. I also liked the line "Jesus and I agreed to see other people but we still talk" or something to that effect. Love him.

I'll hold judgment on ERW since I was wrong about ASkars. But I too pictured Sophie-Anne differently. We'll have to see how she portrays her. I bet the blood running down her leg is her having a messy midnight snack.

Man I loved Jessica munching on Hoyt's mother. That's probably a deal breaker in a relationship though. No eating the bf's mother.

^^^ You're probably right about the midnight snack because I saw the previews again and ERW had her fangs out and looked bloody (I think ... it's like a nanosecond).

I'm curious too about what they're going to do about Hoyt and Jessica. I thought they were adorable. She annoyed the shit out of me in the beginning, but she really grew on me ... right about when she met Hoyt, as a matter of fact.

Maryann looks PISSED in the preview when all the village idiots bring back Sam's pants. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I thought I died and went to heaven for the first few minutes. Damn you, Sookie, and those sex DREAMS.
    Completely.
    She could at least give us the pleasure of not waking up when things get interesting !

Really not enough Eric in this episode

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I think Jason was my favorite part of this episode.
    It was my favourite part too (well actually it could have been the sex dream if it had been longer )
    I love how Jason's stupid ideas work with these possessed people (loved Terry's line "hey, you're the God who's supposed to come?" )

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^^ You're probably right about the midnight snack because I saw the previews again and ERW had her fangs out and looked bloody (I think ... it's like a nanosecond).

Isn't she supposed to appear in a scene which involves another girl and ... yeah, blood?
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Hit By Ban Bus!

I am really thinking the queen was feeding on a child! The small little feet, and then in the preview we see Bill shirtless with his fangs out, standing next to what does indeed look like a small child. Like he's about to feed on him! WTF?

I loved how Terry's military training broke through his demon possession. Lol. That is some strong ass "thought manipulation" right there. And his goodness is so strong he could "see" the real Arlene through his demon-fog and wouldn't let Jason kill her.

I think Sookie was far less annoying in this ep because the change she senses in herself is that she is growing up, just as she told Jason they both needed to do. Up until now, she's been an inexperienced, naive young woman who has been quite satisfied being coddled by Bill. Hopefully soon she will come to the realization that a man who treats her like an adult is far preferable. I always go back to that scene in the nest when Sookie offers to infiltrate the FoTS, and for the millionth time Bill tries to shush her. Eric is like "let her speak". Yes the fuck, let her speak.

I hated how Bill cynically used her friends to dissuade her from going with him to see the queen. He could give a shit about anyone but Sookie. Her friends can fuck off and die as far as he's concerned. And omfg how he demanded she give him her wrist so he could "hit". I hate him more each episode.

I loved how all our favorites are bonding through adversity. That part of this lamentably short ep made it wonderful.

Back to Sookie growing up. Her dream scenes of Eric, all Harlequin Romance girly mush, shows she's not able to discern the real Eric just yet due to her inexperience. I can't imagine Eric will not want to set her straight on that score and have her take him on his own terms. Sookie still has a ways to go. I loved how Eric was her first thought after the confrontation with Maryann. Get it now Sookie? Bill is a useless twat. Please yes do call in a real man.
    Last edited by Sasha; August 24th, 2009 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I am really thinking the queen was feeding on a child! The small little feet, and then in the preview we see Bill shirtless with his fangs out, standing next to what does indeed look like a small child. Like he's about to feed on him! WTF?

I loved how Terry's military training broke through his demon possession. Lol. That is some strong ass "thought manipulation" right there. And his goodness is so strong he could "see" the real Arlene through his demon-fog and wouldn't let Jason kill her.

I think Sookie was far less annoying in this ep because the change she senses in herself is that she is growing up, just as she told Jason they both needed to do. Up until now, she's been an inexperienced, naive young woman who has been quite satisfied being coddled by Bill. Hopefully soon she will come to the realization that a man who treats her like an adult is far preferable. I always go back to that scene in the nest when Sookie offers to infiltrate the FoTS, and for the millionth time Bill tries to shush her. Eric is like "let her speak". Yes the fuck, let her speak.

I hated how Bill cynically used her friends to dissuade her from going with him to see the queen. He could give a shit about anyone but Sookie. Her friends can fuck off and die as far as he's concerned. And omfg how he demanded she give him her wrist so he could "hit". I hate him more each episode.

I loved how all our favorites are bonding through adversity. That part of this lamentably short ep made it wonderful.

Back to Sookie growing up. Her dream scenes of Eric, all Harlequin Romance girly mush, shows she's not able to discern the real Eric just yet due to her inexperience. I can't imagine Eric will not want to set her straight on that score and have her take him on his own terms. Sookie still has a ways to go. I loved how Eric was her first thought after the confrontation with Maryann. Get it now Sookie? Bill is a useless twat. Please yes do call in a real man.
    A. I'm with you guys, I loved Jason in this episode. Terry was good too - when Jason was pretending to be the God, and Terry says "bullshit, the god has horns." and Andy holds that branch up like its the god's horns. I laughed my ass off. Loved Sam in this one too - "God, smite me" Jason "What, I can't hear through this thang, what's he saying" Andy "I don't know". Sam "I said "smite me", motherfucker!"
    Sash, I think Bill said "Give my your wrist so I can heal". At first it sounded like he said "hit" to me too and then I realized that couldn't be right. But, yeah her stupid, blind obedience pisses me off. She can stand up to Eric, Lorena, Maryann.... but not pussybill?? Come the fuck ON!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Sash, I think Bill said "Give my your wrist so I can heal"

Mel, you're probably right. I'll have to run it back and see. Either way, he DEMANDED she do it, and she obeyed immediately. And he wasn't even gentle about it, the fucker.

yeah, she needs a cunt punt for being a big stupid biatch. she does NOT deserve my man, Eric...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I wonder if the townsfolk's blood is tainted like Maryann's, to a lesser degree - they have the black eyes, why not black blood? If so, Jessica's in for a nasty surprise!
    And I totally agree, I fell in love with Jason Stackhouse all over again - started with shooting Newlin in the head, but this just cemented it. For some reason the "Oh, hey Andy!" by the freezer had me cracking up, he's such a doof.

Thread Information