Page 42 of 167 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: True Blood-HBO's new vampire series

Zee

I assumed it would be pussy bill fans that hated Eric. Bill's angst/gentlemen schtick is annoying as hell. Eric is just a Vampire on his own terms.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    I assumed it would be pussy bill fans that hated Eric. Bill's angst/gentlemen schtick is annoying as hell. Eric is just a Vampire on his own terms.
    I find it interesting to contemplate the kind of woman who would want a Bill as opposed to an Eric.

Bill treats Sookie like a child, always shushing her and trying to restrain her fiery nature. He puts her on a pedestal and can't conceive of her being anything other than a snow-white damsel in distress, someone he can control and pet and keep in perpetual child-like innocence.

Eric on the other hand respects her fire and spirit. He actually looked at her with admiration when she slapped him for imprisoning Lafayette. He sees her as she really is but he won't put up with threats and bullshit, as Bill does.

So what I think we have here is a chasm between child-women who want to be put on a pedestal, pampered and coddled, as opposed to women who value their independence and long to be treated as equals in every respect.

Yeah, unfortunately in my quest to find discussion on TB I stumbled into the Fandom, a strange twilight world full of nuts. (who apparently can ony write in netspeak) A good portion of them hate Eric because Beeel is such a wonderfully romantic figure in their eyes (gag) and Eric is set to steal his thunder. They haaaaaaaate him. It's fucking nauseating.
    Stephenie Meyer should be burnt, she's ruining what's best about the vampire figure.
    Seriously, vampire sparkling in the sun like Celine Dion's dresses, you gotta be kidding me !

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    So what I think we have here is a chasm between child-women who want to be put on a pedestal, pampered and coddled, as opposed to women who value their independence and long to be treated as equals in every respect.
    I completely agree with you on that.
    But apart from the relashionship thing, I think that Bill's character is pretty annoying, he reminds me of Angel (in Buffy), whom I couldn't stand either :
    it seems like he carries the weight of the world on his shoulders, he always seems unhappy for some reason, and the "I can't be happy because I did so many horrible things in my past and I don't know how to atone for that" kind of face he always has reaally irritates me.
    I mean, there's nothing really intriguing about his personnality, he's too ... fuck I can't find the word I'm looking for
    Well, he really bores me to death.
    And why does he always think he has to protect Sookie? She can do fine on her own ! (well, most of the time !)
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I find it interesting to contemplate the kind of woman who would want a Bill as opposed to an Eric.

Bill treats Sookie like a child, always shushing her and trying to restrain her fiery nature. He puts her on a pedestal and can't conceive of her being anything other than a snow-white damsel in distress, someone he can control and pet and keep in perpetual child-like innocence.

Eric on the other hand respects her fire and spirit. He actually looked at her with admiration when she slapped him for imprisoning Lafayette. He sees her as she really is but he won't put up with threats and bullshit, as Bill does.

yep. those same women/girls schedule 22 minute sessions of "lovemaking" and would be appalled at a good ol' "throw you up against the wall and fuck you". All I can say is that I don't know how a stake through the heart would kill pussybill when he's got the biggest stick up his ass I've ever seen. And that's why he's gonna be alooooone for all eternity. what was Lorena thinking???
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Haha. In the books I hate Eric, but I love him on the show.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    yep. those same women/girls schedule 22 minute sessions of "lovemaking" and would be appalled at a good ol' "throw you up against the wall and fuck you". All I can say is that I don't know how a stake through the heart would kill pussybill when he's got the biggest stick up his ass I've ever seen. And that's why he's gonna be alooooone for all eternity. what was Lorena thinking???
    I am literally beginning to hate Bill, and I think we're meant to. Considering TB's overall political stance, I think the "mainstreaming" Bill will eventually become the outright villain, while the non-mainstreaming Eric will become the (anti)hero. (as if that was not obvious from last Sunday's ep)

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Haha. In the books I hate Eric, but I love him on the show.
    Really? I love, love, love him in the books. Bill was on my last nerve in the books by book 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    Seriously, vampire sparkling in the sun like Celine Dion's dresses, you gotta be kidding me !
    I laughed so hard when I saw that movie and he sparkles like Rainbow Bright and says something like, "This is a face of killer"
    "Well isn't that special"

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Kris is that a real shirt that you can buy? I've looked for it but I keep coming up with cheesy ones. I like that one though.

Sasha there are Eric haterz? I'm aghasted.
    Yes..the shirts (and undies) are real I found them on cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Really? I love, love, love him in the books. Bill was on my last nerve in the books by book 2.
    Me too. Loved him in the books. That's why I was worried Skarsgard wouldn't do him justice. But he has.

I can say is that I don't know how a stake through the heart would kill pussybill when he's got the biggest stick up his ass I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Yes..the shirts (and undies) are real I found them on cafepress.com
    I found them here:
    Tru Blood T-Shirts, Tru Blood Gifts, Art, Posters, and more
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I love the Team Eric shirt. Anyone seen any Fangtasia shirts for sale?

Cafe Press has a bunch of Fangtasia styles, I got my 2 True Blood shirts from them.

Fangtasia Merchandise, Stuff and Gear - CafePress

Thanks!!!

Thread Information