Page 35 of 167 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: True Blood-HBO's new vampire series

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Jason was the shit in this ep, though ALL his interactions with the vampires are squirmingly awkward. It was hilarious when he told Steve "I've already been to heaven- in your wife!" Reminded me of that scene with Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise.
    I know! It was the first time in a while that I really really liked Jason. "It's like he sucked out my brain and replaced with a bunch of his little babies!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    If Godric continues to preach at us all I'm going to be pissed. (Oh Mel, I had a feeling they would chicken out in re Godric. Even HBO can't go there I guess)
    You know, I'm actually glad they decided to skip that particular plot point, because I like Godric like this, and I really didn't care much for him in the book (probably b/c he didn't get much character development), and if they had brought up the detail you're talking about, they most likely would have followed through with the reason he was at the church to begin with, in which case it would have been almost pointless to introduce him as a character. I wonder if they're going to keep him around a while?

Jason was great this episode. Gotta love a guy willing to kick ass for his family. And that scene where he was hugging Bill was just hilarious.

Yes, Eric was REALLY creepy when he smiled and it totally turned me on, I'm so fucked up.

Sam is still getting on my nerves this week, and I did feel really awful for Lorena. We all know how the psycho breakup thing goes, either as the giver or the receiver. Its no fun for anyone. Sookie got on my damn nerves too.

ETA: Oh, and I think my fav part was when Eric said to Bill, "Oh, are you picking a fight?" Lucious.
    Last edited by greysfang; August 10th, 2009 at 10:09 AM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    I know! It was the first time in a while that I really really liked Jason. "It's like he sucked out my brain and replaced with a bunch of his little babies!"

You know, I'm actually glad they decided to skip that particular plot point, because I like Godric like this, and I really didn't care much for him in the book (probably b/c he didn't get much character development), and if they had brought up the detail you're talking about, they most likely would have followed through with the reason he was at the church to begin with, in which case it would have been almost pointless to introduce him as a character. I wonder if they're going to keep him around a while?
    I would guess 'yes' since his storyline has been transformed into something so inoffensive. I think if the Godric storyline had been allowed to follow the book it would have caused a sensational controversy, which is always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Jason was great this episode. Gotta love a guy willing to kick ass for his family. And that scene where he was hugging Bill was just hilarious.

Yes, Eric was REALLY creepy when he smiled and it totally turned me on, I'm so fucked up.

Sam is still getting on my nerves this week, and I did feel really awful for Lorena. We all know how the psycho breakup thing goes, either as the giver or the receiver. Its no fun for anyone. Sookie got on my damn nerves too.

ETA: Oh, and I think my fav part was when Eric said to Bill, "Oh, are you picking a fight?" Lucious.
    I know, right? I have to wonder (hope?) if there is an underlying competition going on there between Alex and Stephen. How delish would that be? spoiler follows--(I'm a conspiracy theorist so I have to put this out there: I wonder if Moyer proposed to Anna in order to insure his prominent place in TB's future? In reading the synopsis of some of the future TB books, it looks like Bill will become less of a factor in Sookie's life and Eric comes to the forefront. Could Moyer be that calculating? )<<<<I'm not sure I did that right?

edit: Yay, I did that right.

I don't know about Moyer's intentions, but it seems like they're not going to follow the book when it comes to Sookie and Eric's romantic involvement. Not that I care though. I don't think television Sookie is worthy of Eric.

Poor Jessica. I forgot about that. Everything grows back. I guess Bill didn't consider that either.

I liked Jason in this ep. He was very cute hugging Bill. Actually was almost noble in his devotion to Sookie. IIRC, in the book he's not such a good brother.

I'm glad they didn't follow the book re Goddrick. I'm really liking the actor who is playing him.

That eating scene was so disgusting. Any ideas what the point of it was? It would get old for me, seeing people get all orgiastic, after so many countless years of watching it.

Great cliffhanger! Great episode!

That had to be the best episode of True Blood so far.

The hunter's souffle scene was crazy. Especially after watching Maryann slice up Daphne's heart and cook it. I still want to know what her plans are for Tara and Eggs.

Watching the preacher get shot in the head with a paintball gun was funny. And I almost clapped when Bill slammed that plasma TV down on Lorena. I can't stand that character.

Although I thought when Jason told the preacher that he had already found heaven inside of his wife was perfect.

The ending with Luke and the bomb took me by surprise. Can't wait for next week.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I was getting nauseous watching them eat that souffle, and then the bright red blood spilled all over the white tablecloth. *barf*

As for Luke, I love how Ball superimposed 'fanatical suicide bomber' over 'radical fundamentalist Christian'. 'bout time someone made that analogy in popular media.

Yeah, it is about time somebody showed that the religious fanatics aren't just Muslims from the Middle East, and that some are made right here in the U.S.A.

And when Tara first cut into the souffle and the bright red liquid came pouring out I thought I was watching a slasher movie.

^^^ Ball is a genius.

I have to say that when we watched Maryann cutting up the heart .... it so freaking realistic looking ... my husband and I just about barfed all over each other. Eww. And then watching them eat it when it so obviously looked like raw body parts. Eww.

And I was getting SO sick of Jason ... until this episode. He's a much more interesting character (and sexier and I don't find him that attractive) when he's defending his sister (which he doesn't do very much at all in the books). The hug with Bill was hysterical. And Sookie, even though she grates on my nerves something fierce, was AWESOME when she was flipping out on Lorena. I actually LIKED her.

I'm kind of on the fence about the way they're going with Godrick. But holy shit, the adulation on Eric's face when he's near Godrick .... shivers. And each time that man smiled last night ... creepy, sexy, HOT. He plays that character PERFECTLY. I loved the scene of Eric and Sookie in the church hallway when he tells her not to speak of things she doesn't understand (when she asks if Godrick is his maker), and then to not speak of things HE doesn't understand (when she asks him if he loves Godrick).

But I have to say again .... WTF is with the freaking pink eyeshadow/liner??? I HATE IT. And most of the sub character male vampires didn't have it last night (like the cowboy vampire). So why just Eric and Bill? Especially Eric, who they lop SO much of it on ... he's fair and blonde and it just looks stupid.

I am so glad that Lafayette is back to his old sassy self.

They are straying soooo far from the books and I wasn't sure I was going to like it .... but it's awesome. Each episode is better than the last.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^And in the hallway, when Eric leans in to Sookie and whispers "trust me". *shivers* more.

Oh, yes, how could I forget that. I love the shivers. I have to say (without trying to spoil anything) that I am REALLY looking forward to Eric's amnesia. Because DAMN, that particular book made me shiver a lot and that was just the mental image .... I want the VISUAL.

Silver Member

I enjoy this show, mainly for Bill and Eric (team Bill here) but there are so many cheesy and embarrassing elements.

Nelsan Ellis, who plays Lafayette, is the only one who does a convincing Southern accent. The rest of them are cringe-worthy in that respect.

Ellis went to Julliard. He's a class act! Steals every scene, too.

Coroner: They say I sodomized a pine tree.
    Sam: Well, what'd you do that for?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by marina View Post
    I enjoy this show, mainly for Bill and Eric (team Bill here) but there are so many cheesy and embarrassing elements.

Nelsan Ellis, who plays Lafayette, is the only one who does a convincing Southern accent. The rest of them are cringe-worthy in that respect.

Ellis went to Julliard. He's a class act! Steals every scene, too.
    For me, the over-the-top cheesy and embarrassing elements are part of TB's charm. It's supposed to be hokey!

I can go up the road a few miles to a convenience store and talk to a lady who sounds exactly like Arlene. Lorena has the worst accent on the show but even that is funny and adds to the show. The rest of them are obviously getting coached because even though the overall accents can slip from time to time, certain Southern expressions and words are spot on. As for Bill, his accent is supposed to be old-fashioned and courtly and sounds weird to our modern ears.

Just went to IMDb and hey, no wonder! Carrie Preston, who plays Arlene is from Macon, Georgia.
    Last edited by Sasha; August 11th, 2009 at 11:16 AM.

^And married to Ben Linus!

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^I had to google him.

Thread Information