Page 34 of 167 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: True Blood-HBO's new vampire series

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think drunkeness only facilitates Maryanns evil ways so that can't be it.

back on the set of When Raves Go Wrong...
    Back in the Basement of the Unholy...
    Back in the Hotel Crazy Ex-Girlfriend...
    Over on the Back Lawn of Cult Camp...
    Now we go inside the Church of BrownChickenBrownCow...
    Back at Hotel Underage Girl Much,...
    Now we’re walking up the Hallway of Eric Hates Everyone...
    We’re back at Casa de Sexhouse...
    Over at Shithole Bar and Grill...
    It’s morning in the Fangbanger Holding Cage...
    We’re back in Room Bitch You Crazy...
    Back at Cult Camp...
    We’re now at Mayberry R.F.D., ...
    We’re back at Camp Cutthroat...
    Back in the Cage of BIG FAT LIARS,...
    Back at Lake Plot Exposition...
    Outside at the Church of FAIL...

I loved that recap..
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I know, right? All of the TB recaps on that site are fabulous.

I just read the one from last week:

Lorena asks what makes Eric thinks she wants him back, and Eric leans forward with this arms all THERE and LOVELY, and says, “Because you didn’t come all this way just to see me.” MAYBE SHE DID. HAVE YOU SEEN YOU? PHWOAR.
    When Weird Butler asks her how her coffee is, Maryann turns into a fucking dragon lady and starts burning down villages and eating peasants. OMG MY COFFEE AND THAT SHOWER WERE COLD YOU MUST DIE!
    Last edited by Sasha; August 3rd, 2009 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    But what the hell was up with Maryann's legs when she came into the house? Her legs looked thick.
    My boyfriend and I said the same thing. We were like damn, who knew Mary Ann had cankles?

Hoyt is adorable
    "Well isn't that special"

Sasha thank you for posting about the book "Heartsick" that Maryanne was reading! I got it yesterday and am half-way through. It is so good. It's about a beautiful, brutal serial killer who kidnaps the cop who is hunting her, yet surprisingly she lets him go, not before torturing him in horrendous ways though. She goes to prison for life and the cop goes on to work on another serial killer case. He continues to deal with the beautiful serial killer in order for her to tell him where she put the bodies of her victims. She killed 200 people in terribly brutal ways. Kind of a female Hannibal Lector. Such a good read! I'm going to buy her follow up book.

I wonder why they chose that book though for Maryanne to be reading while sitting there dressed as a grandma? The killer in the book is described as a "Breck girl" so beautiful yet horribly vicious and brutal. She kills for the fun of it. I'll have to finish it and see if I get any insights.

Sorry to sidetrack.

I am so addicted to the show. I can not wait for the next episode. It seems to be following the book this time so it should be a good one.

Hit By Ban Bus!

You're welcome bellini. I bet Maryann chose it because of the title-doesn't it sound like a sappy, sentimental self-help book an old-fashioned granny might read? Of course, Maryann would never read anything like that, so she was entertaining herself with scenes of brutal torture while giving Tara a false impression.

~~~~~

The Music of HBO's True Blood: Episodes 6 and 7

By Jef With One F in Gothtopia
    Tuesday, Aug. 4 2009 @ 9:00AM
    Alan Ball was known for his masterful use of music in Six Feet Under. He's lost none of his touch when it comes to his current HBO series, True Blood - which happens to be set in the Louisiana swamps, not terribly far from Houston. Though we're picking up midway through Season 2, from here on out as each new episode airs, Rocks Off will bring you a short report on the featured music.
    Episode 2.7, "Release Me"
    Bad Livers () is a band of Texas originals formed in the early '90s by Danny Barnes and Mark Rubin. Though the band experienced little recognition from the music industry, they were adopted and enthusiastically backed by Austin punk bands despite their odd instrumentation, including tuba and accordion and bluegrass style.
    The Livers' first release was a sedate gospel cassette called Dust on the Bible. Though the band failed to pick up a record deal after making a splash at SXSW 1991, they toured supporting fellow Austinites Butthole Surfers. After several releases on Sugar Hill, they finished their run with the label with the releases of 2000's Blood and Mood containing the song featured in Sunday's (and Tuesday's) episode, "Death Trip." The band split after the album, which in Rubin's own words 'did the worst of all our albums," with Barnes moving to Seattle and Rubin remaining in Austin.
    How Ball and company came across "Death Trip" is not yet clear. What is pretty clear, though, is just how awesome the track is. Ominously hillbilly, the song details the story of a man on the receiving end of a woman's loss of affection who proceeds down a steady road of poverty towards eventual ruin. Now, Rocks Off knows that sounds sad and gloomy, but trust us, a bouncy banjo puts a lot of spring in its step. Though the album tanked, the song is still easily available from iTunes.
    The potential danger of human/monster relationships is a steady theme within the last several Season 2 episodes. Rocks Off has a very safe and respectable relationship with our Lunchables - as long as we remember the safety word - but somehow people's dalliances with shape-shifters, vampires, religious fanatics and the odd pissed-off Maenad are suddenly leaving everyone almost dead. At least, almost so far.
    The interplay of personal relationships is a little too complicated for this amount of column, but suffice to say that there is not a single character on the show currently in a physical relationship who is not inches away from packing their bags for their own death trip.
    The genre of paranormal romance has blossomed to the point of filling an entire bookshelf at the Half Price Books on Westheimer and Waugh, and for one reason only: Everyone likes a little danger mixed in with their nookie from time to time, and True Blood uses that bit of fetish as the poison in its drink.
    Oh, and the safety word is "The Count of Montrose."
    Episode 6, "Hard Hearted Hannah"
    ​"Hard Hearted Hannah (The Vamp from Savannah)" was a classic of the 1920s Tin Pan Alley era of songwriting, and lent its name to the July 26 episode. Milton Ager was the one responsible for the humorous tale of a femme fatale who was the meanest girl in town. Ager was also responisble for "Happy Days Are Here Again," a song that was used in the campaign of Franklin Roosevelt and has since served as the unnofficial theme song of the Democratic Party. "Hannah" is a popular standard, and has been covered by Peggy Lee, Ella Fitzgerald, Jim Croce and Nancy Sinatra, just to name a few.
    It's doubtful that Ager foresaw how his song would be used in True Blood, though. In a flashback to 1926, vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) plays the tune to a lively house party while his lover and maker Lorena (Mariana Klaveno) attempts to convince the house's owners to have an afterparty/orgy with them. Moyer actually performs the song in the episode, having sung in musical performances like Pete Townshend's "Iron Man" earlier in his career.
    As the song ends, the scene shifts to Bill and Lorena drinking blood from their female victim while her husband is forced to watch. After silencing his screams with the classic horror/action movie neck-snap, they proceed to roll his wife out of the way and make sweet love in her puddles. Lorena almost cries as Bill removes the dying woman's necklace and gives it to her as a present.
    Like the song says, "To tease 'em, and thrill 'em, to torture and kill 'em is her delight." A perfect bit of gruesome vintage music from a show that's already becoming a classic.
    Houston - Rocks Off - The Music of HBO's True Blood: Episodes 6 and 7

I hope they release Stephen Moyer's version of that song some time.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^That would be cool. I would buy it.

Even Rachel Wood is to play Queen Sophie-Anne. (I hope this wasn't already posted, mea culpa if so)

Evan Rachel Wood as Queen Sophie-Ann in TRUE BLOOD | Daemon's TV

IDK, I don't think she has the chops to pull off an ancient vampire queen. I don't like her though so I'm biased.

I actually think she can act. I think she will do well and I bet she will look gorgeous too! BITCH!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    I actually think she can act. I think she will do well and I bet she will look gorgeous too! BITCH!
    I agree, I thought she was great in Thirteen.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Hit By Ban Bus!

I am about to do a little spoilage type prognosticating based on DirecTv descriptions of future episodes, so if you don't want to read them skip this post. My comments in blue.
    8/9/2009 "Timebomb" Sookie's captivity takes an unexpected turn;
    Having to do with Godric, I'm sure.
    Sam makes a gruesome discovery at Merlotte's;
    Dead Daphne no doubt. As we see Maryann visiting Sam in jail, he obviously gets blamed for her murder.
    Tara and Eggs eat a mysterious meal prepared by Maryann;
    Daphne's heart, obviously. The partygoers at the mansion who ate the disgusting soup were probably eating Miss Jeanette's heart. ewww.
    Jason pays off his debt to the vampires.
    That was quick. Wonder how he makes payment? If he weren't Sookie's brother I imagine there would be nothing he could do to make up for Eddie's murder.

8/16/2009 " I Will Rise Up" Eric is able to get inside Sookie's head;
    Ooooooooh, this sounds gooood.
    Lafayette and Lettie Mae try to figure out how to get Tara away from Maryann;
    Alright! Any ep with Lettie Mae is good. I almost wish she would go back to drinking. "Girl, is you even in there?" Lafayette to Tara.
    Hoyt defends his relationship with Jessica;
    Hmm, they're cute but I don't really care. I reckon his mama is apoplectic.
    Eric and the vampires defend their recent actions
    To whom, I wonder? Do they go on tv? And what have they done, exactly? Killed the whole FoTS congregation?

OMG! How incredibly awesome was True Blood tonight? It wsa really disturbing though, with Eggs and Tara eating a human heart then spazzing out. And Eric walking around in that wife beater and all chained up on the altar? Yeah, I'm liking that, baby. I think I ovulated when he smiled.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yes it was disturbing, and with Maryann standing back laughing. She is disgusting, I haaaaaate her. It's going to break all of our hearts when Eggs finally gets "justice". He's like a puppet on a string, and he is so achingly poignant to me.

I felt so sorry for Jessica. To forever be a virgin, what a sucky way to spend eternity. Truth be told though, Hoyt didn't look too disappointed.

Jason was the shit in this ep, though ALL his interactions with the vampires are squirmingly awkward. It was hilarious when he told Steve "I've already been to heaven- in your wife!" Reminded me of that scene with Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise.

I don't like it when Eric smiles. Stop that. Notice Sookie ran right to him to take off the silver chains when she got free?

I actually felt sorry for Lorena.

If Godric continues to preach at us all I'm going to be pissed. (Oh Mel, I had a feeling they would chicken out in re Godric. Even HBO can't go there I guess)

Sam was a fool to go running to Merlotte's after a hang-up call. He should have known nothing good could come of that. And how funny is it that the townspeople are all in jail for various indecency charges? I can't wait for Andy to be vindicated. Poor guy has been through enough.
    Last edited by Sasha; August 10th, 2009 at 09:31 AM.

Thread Information