Page 18 of 167 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: True Blood-HBO's new vampire series

Yeah, that back and forth between Sookie & Eric was funny. I forgot about that. But I wonder why Eric is stalking Lafayette? Unless he wants to kill him after promising Sookie he'd leave him alone.

Jessica has really grown on me since last season. She seems to fit more into the show with each episode. But the way she was staring at the vein throbbing in Hoyt's neck was funny. LOL

And I wonder what the hell that thing was that attacked Sookie and Daphne, too. But watching Ludwig dig into Sookie's wounds and pull the poison out was freaky, but I couldn't turn away.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Yeah, that back and forth between Sookie & Eric was funny. I forgot about that. But I wonder why Eric is stalking Lafayette? Unless he wants to kill him after promising Sookie he'd leave him alone.

Jessica has really grown on me since last season. She seems to fit more into the show with each episode. But the way she was staring at the vein throbbing in Hoyt's neck was funny. LOL

And I wonder what the hell that thing was that attacked Sookie and Daphne, too. But watching Ludwig dig into Sookie's wounds and pull the poison out was freaky, but I couldn't turn away.
    Lafayette may have been dreaming? He's going to have PTSD after that horrific experience. I really have no idea, but I do think Sookie should have made it part of the deal that Eric leave him alone after letting him go. Loopholes are a bitch!

Minotaur?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Lafayette may have been dreaming? He's going to have PTSD after that horrific experience. I really have no idea, but I do think Sookie should have made it part of the deal that Eric leave him alone after letting him go. Loopholes are a bitch!

Minotaur?
    Yeah, I thought it might be a Minotaur, because of the horns. But it looked more like a devil. If it is a Minotaur that was a shitty design.

And, yeah, Lafayette could just be dreaming.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah, it did look like the creature had a devil-like tail. It looked like that scene in The Exorcist when the demon showed up, backlit and all.

Well I could tell you, but I might be wrong, seeing as how very far the series has gooten from the books. They are still tied loosely at the root of events.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^Give us a clue, Grey. You can cover it up as a spoiler.

Yeah, it did look like the creature had a devil-like tail. It looked like that scene in The Exorcist when the demon showed up, backlit and all.
    The horns looked too elongated like a devil or demon. Maybe the Devil finally got fed up with Sookie's whining and wanted to bitch slap her.

lol wow i'm completely stupid, cuz i thought the daphne girl was the devil thing and just turned into human form lol
    I was born a bitch..whats your excuse?

Well in the books there is no Minotaur, it was Maryann's razorback that attacked Sookie. She never attacked Tara at all, and that's as far as I'm going for spoilers.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I started watching True Blood sometime last week and I'm totally caught up (just about, watching the latest episode as I type). I'm loving the show so far, but I kinda have a little problem with it. I am so tired of shows/books/movies about vampires deciding that just because the world they have created includes vampires it should also include literally any other supernatural being. I just want a vampire story about a vampire interacting with human society. I love the show itself, but at the same time it wasn't what I was expecting.

For the record, I LOVED Buffy, but that was also my only (real) problem with that show.

I ordered the box set of the first 7 books, I'm gonna keep with it because I do like the story and I want to get the backstory the DVD commentaries keep telling me exists more in the books.

I also love the Hoyt/Jessica relationship developing. Hoyt is just adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Well in the books there is no Minotaur, it was Maryann's razorback that attacked Sookie. She never attacked Tara at all, and that's as far as I'm going for spoilers.
    Hmm, that would explain why that creature didn't look like a typical Minotaur.

I'm not reading this thread because I haven't watched any of the episodes. I added season 1 to my queue, but the wait is VERY LONG. And they don't carry it at my local blockbusters. I might watch it on the internet to see if I like.

I love vampire movies- one of my faves is Interview with a Vampire and I love The Lost Boys. You think I will like True Blood?

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm glad they are giving Sarah, Mrs. Preacherman, a little depth. Straight-up caricatures of fundies are lazy and boring.

And hey! What do you all think about this? I bet it turns out Mr. Preacherman murdered his family.
    Last edited by Sasha; June 30th, 2009 at 12:09 PM.

I'm glad they are giving Sarah, Mrs. Preacherman, a little depth. Straight-up caricatures of fundies are lazy and boring.

And hey! What do you all think about this? I bet it turns out Mr. Preacherman murdered his family.
    I was thinking the same thing during the dinner table scene. Well, after I kept laughing everytime he said his wife 'doesn't just share her pudding with anyone.' I think she'll be sharing her 'pudding' with Jason in the near future.

The way she's been eyefucking him, it won't be long.

Favorite line of the episode once again goes to Lafayette" Thanks, but you ain't exactly my type bitch". It made me really sad to see Lafayette all broken down. He's not right wihtout the sass and flash.

I'm bummed that there's no new episode next week. No football and no True Blood. WTH am I supposed to do with myself Sunday night?
    Last edited by greysfang; June 30th, 2009 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lu_Lu View Post
    lol wow i'm completely stupid, cuz i thought the daphne girl was the devil thing and just turned into human form lol
    I didn't think Daphne was the minotaur but I do think she's some kind of supernatural creature. Something about her.

I am so loving this season! My favorite character is Marianne. I really hope they do a lot of her backstory.

I've read all the books, save the last one. They've strayed a lot from them, which is good, I never know what to expect.

Thread Information