Page 162 of 167 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2495
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: True Blood-HBO's new vampire series

Spoiler: My husband has been convinced since last season that Sookie will get turned by Bill or Eric. I saw a print ad that showed Sookie laying down with a tear running down her cheek. It started out as a water tear but became a blood tear halfway down her cheek. I think it was a clue. I don't want to post the ad in case someone yells at me for spoiling.

Well that would give her character something to do other than shriek. It was probably just another dream sequence but I hope it's true.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I wouldn't be surprised at anything. I love the Eric character from the books and from the show. Apparently Charlaine Harris and whoever is doing the show now do not. Undignified ending in the book and it looks like it's about to be that way in the show. As for Sookie, she has never wanted to be a vampire so I'm certain that they'll probably make her one. I'll watch it 'til the end, but I have a feeling it's going to be a shitty ending.

The Eric/Jason dream....NICE!!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm saluting all of you who have stuck with this shitfest. I bailed out before the last season started because I couldn't take any more.
    darksithbunny and piperdiva like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

So, at this point, how is the show deviating from the plot lines of the books?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    So, at this point, how is the show deviating from the plot lines of the books?
    How much time have you got?
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    How much time have you got?
    Okay, how about this? Is the show going to wrap up its various plot lines before addressing things that happen in the books? I'm just trying to figure out how far behind the books the show is lagging.

There is absolutely no connection with the books and hasn't been since about season 2. The characters have the same names but that's where the similarities end. In the books Bill was a background character after book 3, Sookie is in a long term relationship with Eric, and there's no Authority, no Lillith or any of that vampire bible shit, and no zombie hep-v addicts. The witch storyline was completely changed and Sookie never dates Alcide. That's just for starters, I won't even go into how they butchered Sookie's character.

Wow! I had no idea.

Even in the end, the writers of the show are screwing us over. So much time wasted on all of the secondary characters. After this last episode, there is so much focus on Lettie Mae, Adilyn, Kenya, the townsfolk of Bon Temps, and of course the people being held captive (even though they have turned into main characters). I want to see Sookie, Bill, Eric, etc.

Even though there isn't a Jessica in the books, I like her character. I know that the writers don't have to follow the books word for word (and they ended up being crap, too) but I wish they would have followed the story a bit more closely. There were a lot of good story and plot lines in most of the books.
    faithanne likes this.

^^^ I agree. Jessica is the one of the only additions/changes they made to the books that I actually like. The other is not killing off LaLa at the end of season one.
    Kittylady likes this.

Yeah I agree about Lala and Jessica. The books weren't great but they were fun mysteries and Sookie was a likeable heroine who got herself out of trouble most of the time (instead of shrieking and waiting for one of the supes to come save her) and she used her telepathy all the time - she was making a pretty lucrative career out of it on the side. And the fae were more interesting - Claudine was a bombshell and Claude was a hot gay stripper.
    KrisNine likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    The books weren't great but they were fun mysteries and Sookie was a likeable heroine .
    With the emphasis on WAS a likeable heroine.
    Sunrider likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I loved the books until the last couple, then I think CH went a little off the deep end. Plus, being an Eric fan, I was not pleased.

I'm glad that they kept Lafayette. What a great addition. There are a lot of differences that were great in the books and I think would have translated well into the show. The whole were-panther thing was bad. In the books, they were much nicer people. They were a bit inbred, but not violent, meth-head trouble makers. Tara was a totally different person with a completely different life. Sookie's friend Amelia and her boyfriend. Oh, and the sex-swinger party that Eric and Sookie went to!! Was that book 2?? Where he wears pink lycra or spandex?? That would have been a great scene to film.
    darksithbunny and Kittylady like this.

There were lots of great things about the books that they should have kept for the show, like how Sophie Anne was a 15 year old girl who dressed like a glamorous 1930s cabaret singer and she had those 2 hulking Saxon bodyguards - that would have been way better than King Bill and the snoozefest Authority. I don't miss Quinn though, or the banal minutiae of Sookie's day - woke up, made coffee and toast, did a load of laundry, picked up a few groceries and some library books, arrived at Merlotte's and put bag away (in the bottom drawer Sam let the waitresses use for that very purpose!) filled up napkin holders then reminded the reader of the menu (burgers, chicken strips, salad with chicken strips on top) and all the other fascinating details of a typical day in the life of the world's most boring telepath.

oh and of course if she had a date with Eric there would also be a description of the most hideous outfit the 1980's ever rejected. Sexy!

Thread Information