Page 155 of 167 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2495
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: True Blood-HBO's new vampire series

Hit By Ban Bus!

I loved it. Bill is now the irredeemable villain I always knew he was. Indisputably! It's been a long time coming! Now the gang will have to come together to vanquish Billith! And Eric is now the Dreamboat Hero, indisputably!
    Last edited by Sasha; August 29th, 2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: crazy azz spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I loved it. Bill is now the irredeemable villain I always knew he was. Indisputably! It's been along time coming! Now the gang will have to come together to vanquish Billith! And Eric is now the Dreamboat Hero, indisputably!
    I loved it, too. Except for the part where now we will be seeing naked Billith instead of naked Lillith.

This hot mess of a show is our generation's "Batman", with Stephen Moyer as the new Adam West.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I loved it, too. Except for the part where now we will be seeing naked Billith instead of naked Lillith.

This hot mess of a show is our generation's "Batman", with Stephen Moyer as the new Adam West.

Nah, I think he's a demon, with all of Bill's memories and bad character traits, who'll be looking for a host body. [which is why Eric ran the heck out of there with Sookie] You know how Bill has always been 'searching for his humaniteh'? Well, now he'll finally find it in the form of a human--or shifter?-- body he can use and abuse. His plan all along? Next season we'll probably have to watch Sam or someone else we love act out all the horrible things Bill would do with a flesh and blood body, only with super-human powers.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I loved it. Bill is now the irredeemable villain I always knew he was. Indisputably! It's been a long time coming! Now the gang will have to come together to vanquish Billith! And Eric is now the Dreamboat Hero, indisputably!
    Unless Season 6 is all about Beehl's struggle to break free from Billith and their evil deeds and reclaim his lost humaniteh... And expect plenty of Anna Paquin's sucking-a-snotty-lemon crying face as Suckeh tries to redeem him with her glowy fairy vagina. I also don't care if they finally sort out the Eric/Sookie romance anymore. Actually, I think I DO care - she's been vile and whiney and an ignorant cunt who hasn't really done anything recently to deserve the devotion that Eric has shown her, so fuck her. Billith can have her.

But will Billith have custody of the Merkin? And if so can we hope that it grows big enough to cover his arse?

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Hit By Ban Bus!

They've shown the whole series how V can eff up a person, and Sookie has had truckloads of Bill's inferior junk. She's a victim and has been all along, starting from when Bill 'let two psychos beat her to within an inch of her life' so he could force his mind-altering drug down her throat. So cut her some slack! Maybe someone will give her some colloidal silver to sweat out the rest of it out of her system.

Book Sookie has been given no such excuse for having naked basement tickle fights and murder mystery adventures with her rapist. Much less listening to his advice on her romantic life! All of which makes the SVM irredeemable dreck imo. Apparently in CH's world rapists should just be forgiven without any thought or mention of his crimes.

I've spent a long time trying to cut both versions of Sookie some slack. Both have faults and I freely admit that but the writers of TB seem to have fallen into the trap that says that a 'strong woman' is just another way of saying 'bitch' Sassy has become sulky and snarky, resourceful has become screaming and waiting to be saved. Book Sookie is a nightmare for putting things away in her mind to deal with later and never actually dealing with them (and the basement wriggle made me queasy) but after that big betrayal she wavered but never went back to Bill. The Ratt reveal in the show has been treated like it never happened and the draining in Alcide's van was a passing fancy.

I guess I'm probably just a cynic now after being burnt too many times by the show. I've had too many "finally!!" moments only to see normal Bill service being resumed soon afterwards.
    Sunrider likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

I wonder what the new writers are going to do next season? Alan Ball is turning the reins over to someone else, and the craptastic way the season ended makes me a little wonder if the show can actually be saved.
    They say it's the good girls who keep diaries. The bad girls never have the time. Me, I just wanna live a life I'm gonna remember even if I don't write it down. -
    Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I gave up on the fuckery a few episodes ago and I don't think I'll be back for season 6 as I'm sure that whoever takes the helm post-Ballshit will have been suitably indoctrinated to keep up their Master's vision of awfulness.

It really is such a shame. They had all the source material there, everything built and fleshed out and ready to transfer to the screen but noooooooo! They had to think they could do it better and created a whole heap of steaming kak instead. There isn't any way back now. They've deviated too far from the books and the whole premise of the show seems to be showing as much tit and arse as they can get away with. Personally I prefer consistant characters, consistant storylines and writers who can remember their own mythos from one episode to the next.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToffeeCvrdPnut View Post
    I wonder what the new writers are going to do next season? Alan Ball is turning the reins over to someone else, and the craptastic way the season ended makes me a little wonder if the show can actually be saved.
    That's the thing for me. The way Alan Ball left it makes the new producer/director/writer have to deal with this whole mess. I mean, fine, they are Vampires and who knows what actually happened to Bilith, but it seems like the pile of goo was the cold dead body of Bill Compton and now he's some evil Vampire godlike creature. Who knows.

And I agree with you, Kitty. Alan Ball was handed a show as it was. I understand taking some creative license, but he has changed fundamental characteristics of the book. That's where I have a real problem. He's changed things that didn't need to be changed. I'm as glad as anyone that Lafayette is alive and that the body in the back of the car in season one was Ms. Jeanette and I'm glad that Russell Edgington was developed a little more, but the rest is crazy. Tara is not a vampire, Jason is a were, Calvin Norris was a good guy, etc.

Queen Sophie Anne was turned from being a tough but ultimately sympathetic character into a petulant scratch card junkie, Pam and Sookie went from having respect and friendship to barely being able to tolerate each other, Pam has gone from being a fierce and respected fighter and second in command who held Area 5 together and lead the witch war to a bratty clothes obsessed bitch, Calisto became batshit crazy Maryanne who's sole goal was to be the bride of some ancient God (*shudders at the memory of the storyline that gave us a nekkid Mike Spencer*) Marnie stopped being a hard-nosed were witch and turned into a wilted old spinster possessed by an ancient vengeful witch and so on. There have been some good changes like, as you mentioned, Lafayette but so many others have had me shaking my head and wondering if the writers don't like their female characters.
    Sunrider likes this.

the bad/unrealistic/unnecessary/stupid changes have FAR outnumbered the good...
    Sunrider likes this.

Anyone still watching this show? I am almost caught up with the seasons through Netflix.

I still watch.

I hate myself for still watching.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I just hate Sookie! And I get so ticked at half the stupidity in the show, but it is like a train wreck. And I keep watching, too.

I hate THIS Sookie because she's a helpless shrieking moron and not the practical, smart, independent Sookie from the books. And I hate that Bill's character is front and centre all the fucking time, and that none of the story lines are in any way connected. I actually love the cheesiness and sex but there's not enough of the vampires, too many witches and werewolves and other boring shit and nowhere near enough Eric!
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Thread Information