Page 14 of 167 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: True Blood-HBO's new vampire series

Hit By Ban Bus!

greys, does reading the books help your understanding of the series, or does it make you impatient/frustrated when Ball doesn't adhere closely enough to the books? Are there any major departures in the TV series so far that you feel are a mistake?

I enjoy the books and show for themselves separately, so no, I'm not bothered.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I might get the books then. I was afraid I would get ticked off.

Did anyone see The View yesterday morning?? The actor that plays Vampire Bill was on it. Thank goodness I had DVR. Of course, I taped it hehe! He is so down to earth. I just wanted to give him a big ole kiss! Cant wait until Sunday!!

Amen to that!

Hit By Ban Bus!

His eyes are a little beady? Or is that just me?

Hit By Ban Bus!

P.S. Evan [Rachel Wood] appears in the final two episodes of HBO’s “True Blood.” She plays the Vampire Queen. She has a memorable first scene, which I will leave to others to describe. It involves another woman, and, of course, blood.

Evan Rachel Wood: No More Marilyn Manson

True Blood is starting the season off on the right note. At least Lafayette's not dead. The MaryAnne story looks like it's going to be a good one.

The scene where Terry sniffed Darlene's hair was funny.

Gotta say, love Eric with the tinfoil. Guess even a vamp has to touch-up the roots.

^^^ I'm not so sure that was Eric. It was definitely Alexander Skarsgaard (the actor who plays Eric), but not sure it's really Eric. This guy had facial hair (at least it looked that way to me) and his hair was wonkier than usual. And in upcoming previews (and numerous promo pics), Eric's hair is much shorter than it was last season. So, not sure ....

I am SO happy that Layfayette is alive!! SO HAPPY!! They strayed WAY off the book series in this episode. Loved it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hmm, I think Maryann may be the modern day incarnation of the goddess/witch/nymph Circe. Her father Helios was the God of the Sun. Jason has been recruited into the Fellowship of the SUN, not SON, which suggests the sect has occult underpinnings, not Christian. Jason is getting himself into a VERY interesting predicament. Look for him to shag the preachers wife sometime in the future.

I think that was Eric who was holding Lafayette and the others. Eric had earlier promised to get revenge on those who killed the nest. Lol, he went all Viking Berserker on the redneck. In the previews for next week you see him with Pam, apparently granting Lafayettes request to turn him into a Vamp.

It looks like Jessica is going to attack her family! Or at least her father.

Maryann tore Tara's mother down so hard she might go back to drinking? I think Maryann may have killed Miss Jeanette in revenge for scamming Tara? I can't think of any reason why the vampires would want to kill her.

Terry is coming out of his shell.

The premiere was rather subdued. Mostly a set-up for future action.
    Last edited by Sasha; June 15th, 2009 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Maryann may be the modern day incarnation of the goddess/witch/nymph. Her father Helios was the God of the Sun. Jason has been recruited into the Fellowship of the SUN, not SON, which suggests the sect has occult underpinnings. Jason is getting himself into a VERY interesting predicament. Look for him to shag the preachers wife sometime in the future. it was Eric who holding Lafayette, apparently granting Lafayette's request to turn him into a Vamp. Looks like Jessica is going to attack her family, at least her father. Maryann tore Tara's mother down so hard. Maryann may have killed Miss Jeanette. Terry is coming out of his shell
    Thank you for all your insight Sasha. I'm anticipating this season with great relish.....I host TrueBlood parties at my house, if any other GR fans in my nabe are interested.
    I believe the good-looking guy Maryann is pushing on Tara is def not human....he may even be a demon. Tara's mother suspects that Maryann is evil & will hopefully bring her church down around her. Lafayette is gonna be a Vamp - HurraH!!! Maybe Jessica is protecting her little sister from her father, a pedophile, like Sookie's Uncle Creepy whats-his-name.

My grlfriend sent me the series, gonna finish the first book & immediately start on the second : )
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Hit By Ban Bus!

Maybe Jessica is protecting her little sister from her father, a pedophile, like Sookie's Uncle Creepy whats-his-name.

Good call!

Speaking of Uncle Creepy, Sookay sure forgave Bill with a quickness for killing him.

OMG, it was great! Last night's episode was pretty packed with info. Eric got really scary at the end there, but he's still hot as hell. Can't wait til next week.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^I agree, it was great.

Good discussion over at Salon:

I Like to Watch

But beware. Heather has obviously seen several episodes so there are a couple of small spoilers.

YEAH! It was great! Gonna be a spectacular season!

Thread Information