Page 12 of 167 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: True Blood-HBO's new vampire series

Quote Originally Posted by clemato View Post
    who's Terry? Terry or Tara? Image could help.

DVD is out May 12 for Season 1 from HBO - no cover art or extras have been announced yet

T.e.r.r.y not Tara

He's the character whos so out there, and is just back from Fallujah or something. I cant believe you haven't noticed him yet. Watch the season over agiain. He's constantly breaking into tears over the most ridiculous things. You have to listen to his lines closely....the're priceless. I was so rapped up with Tara, and her rudeness, and blunt personality that I missed T.E.R.R.Y.

Alan Ball is a GENIUS!!

Terry Bellefleur played by Todd Lowe
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

My dad called me up the other day all frustrated because he watched a couple of episodes of , "True Blood or something like that" and couldn't find any more episodes and was afraid it was cancelled. I calmed him down and let him know the seasons over and it will be back on in summer, but he could watch all the episodes he missed on HBO's on demand. He was relieved.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Hit By Ban Bus!

I was up until 5am watching the season 1 marathon and I am hooked! I love this show, it is absolutely the shit. It's like Mayberry, RFVampire, with sex and blood. Just a few thoughts:

I hate they killed off Grandma. She added a lot to the show.

I love Tara but I sure hope she tones it down a little in future. Her constant screaming and cursing everybody out gets tiresome. Her mother is hilarious and I hope she never goes away!

Sookayy is great too, but they are going to ruin her like they ruined Cybyll Shepherd's character in Moonlighting if they don't back off the whiny bitchiness a notch or two.

I disliked Jason at first, but his Amy story arc redeemed him in my eyes. And Amy was one crazy bitch! I loved how she thought she was morally superior to Eddie, the gay vamp, because "my carbon footprint is miniscule" I wish they had kept her around. As someone said above, she had the potential to be a very complex and interesting villain.

Bill is the hotness but he's not nearly dark and dangerous enough.

Sam is sweet and I never suspected him of being the killer, but I hate Rene was, in a way, because his cajun self added to the color of the local town characters. Who ever heard of a Louisiana town with only one 'coon ass'?

If they have killed off Lafayette I'm gonna lose it!

Maryanne might be a nymph? Or a witch with a pig familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post

My favorite quote is from Terry in the finale episode when he tells Arlene "your hair looks like a sunset after a bomb went off"

or something like that. Am I the only one who thinks that Terry makes the show at times, and is going to be a major character in the seasons to come.
    I agree! He's just about the best thing about the show and I finally figured out where I had seen him before: he was Lane Kim's husband on Gilmore Girls.

^^I'm all for more Terry!!
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

I love Lafayette and if they kill him off I will be cussing mad!

^^Yea-Its all about Tara, Lafyette, and Terry.

I went to the library and checked out some of the books that were ahead of the series. I started to read one got about halfway done and put it down, it felt like cheating.
    I am so hooked on this show I could not wait for it to come out.
    I love Lafayette and Eric.
    I think we better be prepared because I think the wolves are coming out.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

Sooooooo happy Anna Paquin won a Globe for Sookie!!!!
    My best friend gifted the entire book series for my Bday and I started it yesterday. Great writing and I'm that much more in love with True Blood the series because of it.

Turned my brother on to it, watching the entire series back to back On Demand. Oh Yea, the Terry character is gonna blow up in the second season. He's a sweet guy, but there's somethin just below the surface......

Life is good!
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Does anyone know when the second season starts?

I tried google, but couldn't find anything.

Next summer and I think they start shooting Feb/March. There are two good message boards for True Blood, one for HBO and one for Charlaine Harris' website, and those crazies generally have good information.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

According to Stephen Moyer (at the Golden Globes) they are a week into filming the 2nd season. I believe I heard it was supposed to be back on HBO in June but not 100%.

I cannot wait! I really hope Lafayette is alive.. he makes the show. IMO he should have been nominated for supporting actor. Love him!

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Next summer and I think they start shooting Feb/March. There are two good message boards for True Blood, one for HBO and one for Charlaine Harris' website, and those crazies generally have good information.
    Thanks

I am so exited! I also hope that lafayette is alive, he was one of my favourite characters on the show, jason was the other one.

Of course I like sookie and bill too, but they are not as funny as lafayette and jason. I hated tara at first, but when they showed more about her life it came clear why she is the way she is.

I don't know why sam gives me the creeps, there is something odd about him, besides him being a dog too.

Eric is such a boring character and so very swedish, too swedish.

I just ordered all of the books the other day.

Hubby got me all the books and so far I've only read the first one. It was good, but I felt she tried to throw too much in there. the "Bubba" character was too over the top for me! there was a lot more sex with Sookie and Bill though!

Petunia Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by TonjaLasagna View Post
    Sooooooo happy Anna Paquin won a Globe for Sookie!!!!
    My best friend gifted the entire book series for my Bday and I started it yesterday. Great writing and I'm that much more in love with True Blood the series because of it.

Turned my brother on to it, watching the entire series back to back On Demand. Oh Yea, the Terry character is gonna blow up in the second season. He's a sweet guy, but there's somethin just below the surface......

Life is good!
    While I like Anna alot, and am a huge fan of TB-I also watch MadMen, and honestly, that award so belonged to January Jones. Anna's acting is in no way compatible to Januarys as Mrs. Draper. This is where the HFPA got it absolutely wrong, in the worst way.

I hope your right about Terry!!

Sookkay!! I never noticed that until I read this thread!

I just watched the full season On Demand, great show. Very funny and twisted. Lafayette was one of my favorite characters, I hope he's ok. Damn, I should have waited until the new season started before watching the last one!!

Thread Information