Page 10 of 167 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: True Blood-HBO's new vampire series

The season finale was wild. Definitely lived up to the hype. Already has me waiting for next season. Looks like Lafayette is a goner.

Rene was a sick bastard, but at least he got what was coming to him. But I thought Sookie was an idiot when she 'heard' his thoughts about going back into the woods. Of course he was setting her up.

Only thing I could think about with Bill was 'extra crispy.' LOL.

The line of the night went to Andy's cousin to Arlene. 'Your hair looks like a sunset after a bomb went off.'

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    The line of the night went to Andy's cousin to Arlene. 'Your hair looks like a sunset after a bomb went off.'
    Yeah, that was good

So now (since I haven't read the books) I have to wait until summer to find out more? I am so intrigued about the woman Tara is staying with (Mary Ann is her name?)

I also wonder if somebody's gonna have to pay for Amy killing that vampire in the basement, eventually.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Yeah, that was good

So now (since I haven't read the books) I have to wait until summer to find out more? I am so intrigued about the woman Tara is staying with (Mary Ann is her name?)
    I haven't read the books either, but it's going to be tough waiting until next summer. Dammit HBO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I also wonder if somebody's gonna have to pay for Amy killing that vampire in the basement, eventually.
    Maybe Jason. Or I was thinking maybe the Senator that Lafayette was screwing let some vampires know that Lafayette was dealing V, and that's who came after him.

This was an excellent episode.

Actually, at this point reading the books won't help THAT much with the show, they're taking some highlights from the books, but they are wildly divergent in how they get there and they've been playing loose with which characters are involved in which situations. For example, Eric killed Longshadow, not Bill, and there was no vampire tribunal about the murder. Just a brief line that Eric had to pay a big fine for killing a vamp.

But I suggest you read the books anyway. They're simple, but there is a real charm to them.
    Last edited by greysfang; November 24th, 2008 at 02:08 PM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I'm hoping they won't off Lafayette. He's one of the best characters on the whole show.
    I'm gonna be super miffed if those were Lafayette's red toes in that car. I'm hoping it's Lettie Mae and she's just drunk and passed out.

In my opinion Lafayette is the best one on that show!

Eli

I am in the minority here. I didn't particularly favour the finale. Not to say I didn't like it, of course not, it's True Blood!! But as far as quality and quantity it lacked what all the other episodes had. These are little things, mind you, I mean the chase scene and dog Sam and Salt 'n' Vinegar Bill was all awesome as. But things like the too much mystery for it's own good thing. Like Maryanne. I wish she had been explained. People won't remember in a whole year's time what she's about. And the very ending was STUPID. Like a comedy. There's a dead body in the car, and cut to Tara and Sookie with goofy faces going : "Aaaawwwaaaaauuugh!!!" *queue You Can't Do That On Television Theme*

Meh. Would have just liked it to go some other way. God I was soooo intrigued by Maryanne, and what did they give us? Nothing but her shaking on a recliner!

Bronze Member

I so love the books and really like the show. No idea how I am going to do until JUne! june people! c´mon!!!!
    And Alan, honey, we need more Eric! He, Pam and Jessica have the best lines
    The Sookie from the show really gets on my nervs, I think the screenwriters didn´t get the character.

True Blood is perfect the way it is. Thank you Alan Ball for another HOT cable show
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Eli

I must be the only one on the planet who really likes Anna's Sookie. I don't find her annoying at all, in fact in the beginning I liked how amongst horrible people she still maintained and demanded complete respect.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Saturday night I was hanging out with a friend and this was on their TV; I'm laughing hysterically making jokes about this being some lame as fuck vampire movie from 1990. I kept thinking "Gosh, why does that girl (Anna Paquin) with the wonky teeth look so familiar???"

Seriously, this is the shittiest stupidest show ever to exist. When I realized it was True Blood I thought "Ummmm, that's what everyone thinks is so awesome? Are you fucking kidding me?" I think HBO is just running on fumes of past hit shows; awful just awful.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

^ Thank you.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Eli

Why do people say stuff like that about shows? I mean why even waste your breath? I don't like 'Martha' but I don't start saying "oh my goz that show is lyk da shittezt beef eva i fink every1 who waches it is a rapist man".
    You people need to learn some respect before you open your mouths (well not butterfly, she didn't say much).

Here's a hint for you: Its supposed to be hokey.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by tonks View Post
    I so love the books and really like the show. No idea how I am going to do until JUne! june people! c´mon!!!!
    And Alan, honey, we need more Eric! He, Pam and Jessica have the best lines
    The Sookie from the show really gets on my nervs, I think the screenwriters didn´t get the character.
    I agree with everything you wrote!

More Eric!

Less judgmental Sookie-bitch!

After the finale, I went out and bought all the books. They'll tide me over for a little while at least. All you readers should go buy one. They're really good!

**This is not a spoiler, just a wondering. On the covers of the books, Sookie is always flying with a dark haired vampire. Then, I think it's on the third cover, she's flying with a blond one. Does that mean Eric becomes her main vamp?

Not telling. Happy reading.

Thread Information