Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top ten cheesiest movie moments

http://www.wusa9.com/news/news_artic...?storyid=35313

Although "Titanic" soared at the box office in 1997, according to a recent survey, its most memorable line - "I'm the king of the world!" - sunk.

British baker Warburtons posed the question "What are your top three cheesiest moments in film?" to 2,000 U.K. moviegoers in celebration of the launch of their new cheese-flavored crumpets.

The line uttered by Leonardo DiCaprio was followed by Patrick Swayze's "Nobody puts baby in the corner" from 1987's "Dirty Dancing" and Andie McDowell's "Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed," from the end of 1994's "Four Weddings and a Funeral."

Warburtons reports that surveyed women opted for romantic comedy moments from films such as "Notting Hill" and "Jerry Maguire" while men preferred silly scenes from action flicks like "Top Gun" and "Braveheart." Despite the gender divide, 33% of the overall vote unanimously agreed on the "Titanic" yell as the cheesiest moment.

The list of big cheese moments:

1. "Titanic": Leonardo DiCaprio's "I'm the king of the world!"

2. "Dirty Dancing": Patrick Swayze's "Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

3. "Four Weddings And A Funeral": Andie McDowell's "Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed."

3. "Ghost": Demi Moore's "Ditto," to Patrick Swayze's "I love you."

5. "Top Gun": Val Kilmer to Tom Cruise: "You can be my wingman anytime"

6. "Notting Hill": Julia Roberts' "I'm just a girl ... standing in front of a boy ... asking him to love her."

7. "Independence Day": Bill Pullman's "Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

8. "Braveheart": Mel Gibson's "They may take our lives, but they will not take our freedom!"

9. "Jerry Maguire": Renee Zellweger to Tom Cruise: "You had me at hello."

10. "The Postman": A blind woman says to Kevin Costner: "You're a godsend, a savior." He replies: "No, I'm a postman."

DANG IT! They forgot to put in that one scene for broke back mountain where one of the guys says "I can't quit you"...lol
    It was supposed to be dramatic/heartwrenching but it was so cheezy and funny.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    I watched the Titanic in a cinema when it came out, and the part that's vividly engraved in my memory is when Jack (finally!) dies. Just as his body sunk in the water, a teenage girl sitting next to me gasped loudly and said "Leo!".

Yes, of course I laughed.
    2 of my best inappropriate giggle fest at the movies have come from Leonardo movies. The Titanic shemozzle.... everyone in tears, just sounded dreadful and I got the giggles (while crying!)

But better was Romeo and Juliet. Not only did one my mates let out a rather louder than she intended it to be "Sucked in!" when Tybalt bit the dust (causing the entire cinema to dissolve into giggles) my friend and I started laughing hysterically at the sheer panting, sniffling chorus that greeted the death scene. It seriously sounded like people were shagging!

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I think Dirty Dancing is so great, just so easy to watch and of course the great dance at the end!
    Dirty Dancing is fantastically cheesy from woah to go, that's why we all love it (let's be honest here!)

Fave DD experience was a particularly dense friend of mine whose response to me observing the irony of having a movie set in the 1950s whose soundtrack is so clearly 80s being...

"But Dirty Dancing is set in the 80s, isn't it?"

Now, she's seen this film ZILLIONS of times, and I still had to take it back to the very first bloody scene where Baby sets out the time period in completely non-arguable fashion ("It was before the Beatles, before JFK was shot...") before she or anyone else in that room at the time believed me.

Disagreeing about something that comes down to interpretation is fine*, but being so blind to something SO obvious kinda shat me off!

* same friends and I had a huge talk about what Jenny dies from in Forrest Gump - I'd always assumed she died of AIDS ("I have a virus and they don't know what it is" + her drug use and promiscuity in 60s/70s) but they'd never twigged to this. However, my uncle died of AIDS when I was younger, so AIDS was something that was kinda always on my spectrum, something I knew about when a lot of other people my age didn't. My friends just thought she had pneumonia or something!

Wow sass.....Im sorry for your uncle and I hope you are kewl with me saying this, but your fiends need a clue like Ben Cousins needs a hit right now. (or if you are north of the border ...like a (Canterbury bulldog needs a condom) AIDS......its not something your parents survived to make anyone safe..... as you know......

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I really really liked 3 of those scenes.

I refuse to say which 3, for fear of taunting.
    Hmm yeah. I love two of them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    Wow sass.....Im sorry for your uncle and I hope you are kewl with me saying this, but your fiends need a clue like Ben Cousins needs a hit right now. (or if you are north of the border ...like a (Canterbury bulldog needs a condom) AIDS......its not something your parents survived to make anyone safe..... as you know......
    A lot of people my age (mid 20s) have never twigged about the Jenny-AIDS link, even though it feels as obvious as hell. And that's disturbing, as we were the first generation to have the safe sex message drummed into us seriously from a young age.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information