Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top Chef: Texas

I wanna wax Hugh's unibrow. I liked Charlize as a judge bit was sorry to see Beverly go.
    Last edited by KristiB; January 29th, 2012 at 04:57 PM.

Go Paul.

I am enjoying this season more than I thought I would, once I got into it.

Sarah is a bit of a bitch- a bit more than Lindsay actually. I don't want either of them to win.

I can't remember Paul being an asshole to anyone really...and he has done the best really(which probably means he won't win of course).

God help me for watching the aftershow with Andy Cohen, and actually not hating him.

I wouldn't mind if Paul won but you know I think I'm gonna cheer for the underdog Beverly.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    God help me for watching the aftershow with Andy Cohen, and actually not hating him.
    i dvr WWHL so i don't understand your statement i love andy and all of the celebs that come on and do his silly games and spill info.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i dvr WWHL so i don't understand your statement i love andy and all of the celebs that come on and do his silly games and spill info.
    Let's just call it a guilty pleasure. I plead the Fifth on anything else, and the drinking game word is PAUL -every time his name comes up in the thread after this post, ya gotta take a drink!
    And yeah, I would hump Andy C.
    * I kinda like Bev- can see how she can get under someone's skin a bit, but the response from the others(especially the bitch Heather) was really out of proportion. I guess I am team Paul or Bev. The last one I want to win is Sarah.

Elite Member

Paul. Paul. Paul. Paul. Paul.

That should get the party started.

I am firmly on Team Paul or Bev. Lindsay and Sarah are so nasty and I haven't been impressed with their dishes (esp. Lindsay).

Bev obviously has annoyed everyone in some manner, but she didn't deserve the dumping on she got from the mean girls and she can cook.

I really want Paul to win. He is so humble, doesn't stir shit up and watching him get all teary eyed last night when he saw his mentor just won me over. Team Paul!!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I gotta admit I liked the last challenge that had them skiing and shooting before they cooked. I'm now offically Team Paul.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

fgg

Top Chef: Texas Picks a Winner

The heat was on Wednesday night for the Top Chef: Texas finale as two contestants – Paul Qui and Sarah Grueneberg – battled it out in Vancouver to determine who would ultimately come out on top.

The chefs were asked to prepare four courses of their choice for 100 diners and the panel of judges, with the help of some familiar faces. Paul enlisted Barbara Lynch, Ty-Lor Boring, Chris Crary and Keith Rhodes, while Sarah had the help of Nyesha Arrington, Tyler Stone, Heather Terhune and Grayson Shmitz in the kitchen.

And if it were up to People.com readers, Qui would persevere: He polled far ahead of his competitor, with 90% of readers voting that he deserved to take the Top Chef title.

Sarah, however, has been formidable competitor throughout the season, collecting thousands of dollars and big wins in elimination challenges.

Both, interestingly, also have a connection to the Lone Star State. Paul currently cooks in Austin and Sarah, who now lives in Chicago, was born in Texas.

So who won in the end? Keep reading to find out:

For the first course, Paul served up chawanmushi (Japanese egg custard) with edamame, pea shoots and spot prawns. The second course was grilled sea bass with clam dashi, pickled radishes, and mushrooms. His third course was congee with uni, kale and smoked albacore. And for dessert, he prepared coconut ice cream with puffed rice, candied kumquats and mangosteen.

Sarah's first course was squid ink tagliatelle with spot prawns and fresh coconut. Second, she served a rye-crusted steelhead trout over fennel, pickled beets and whipped lardo. Her third course was a braised veal cheek with crispy veal sweetbreads on top of a persimmon sauce polenta. And for dessert, she served a hazelnut cake with candied kumquat and roasted white chocolate ganache.

The finale was "about as close as it can get," according to head judge Tom Colicchio, who told the contestants, "You both should be very, very proud."

But in the end, Padma Lakshmi announced, "Paul, you are Top Chef."

"I am extremely happy to see my dad and mom being there and everybody I've met through out this journey," he said. "The magnitude of what we've done since San Antonio is so broad I can't describe it."

Sarah was visibly upset. "I thought for second it was going to be me and it wasn't," she said through tears. "I think I deserve to be Top Chef but it wasn't my day."

Paul will take home to Austin $125,000 dollars – in addition to bragging rights as the season 9 winner of Top Chef.

so glad that paul won!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Why if was was Top Chef: Texas did they go to Vancouver?
    (didn't watch the season, just curious)
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Happy Paul won and glad this season is dunzo.

They always end up cooking in another city for the finale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information