Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Top Chef: Seattle

Hated the finale. The best part of the finale is usually the choosing of the who will be their sous chefs, how they come up with menu, etc. etc. The cooking part wasn't even interesting. Brooke blew it with the wings. Hey, I make great wings, but I'm not serving them to Tom - and why would she want the judges to remember your worst dish of the season?

I also hate Last Chance Kitchen - it makes it too easy for the Judges to do a crappy job eliminating the contestants. If Kristin should have been there in the finale, then they shouldn't have cut her during restaurant wars, plus the LCK folks don't seem to have any of the parameters/challenges that they do on the regular show. It just irks me that Kristin (while supremely talented and should not have been eliminated when she was) was able to lose then win.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

i blame padma and josie for kristin getting the boot the first time round. josie sabotaged her, and then kirstin was too honest and noble for taking the blame for it all, i feel that if she'd fought it a bit, and padma had actually stood up for her instead of sinking her even more like the petty, clueless bitch that she is, she'd have survived that episode and stayed in the race.
    have i mentioned how much i hate padma? also, she shouldn't be allowed to comment on the food. she's not a judge, she's just a presenter. she's lucky she even gets to taste the food - on iron chef, the presenter isn't so lucky.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

I think LCK worked out exactly the way the producers wanted - a great chef fought her way back in. Kristen was probably the right person to win under "Iron Chef" circumstances. She seems to handle pressure very well. Still, I think Brooke is probably the better chef and would have won TC under a traditional final challenge - one sous chef, more prep time and not the weird live event stuff. That unnerved her.

I didn't really like the final challenge. As much as the synthetic rhythm of TC irritates me sometimes, this episode was so flat. One thing, I loved seeing what the past winners are up to.

Sput, Padma is a producer. She has no old sugar daddy now, so she needs the money. I wonder how she got the job in the first place since she knows nothing about food (obviously never cooks herself) and isn't a very good host. It's like watching Julie Chen do a show - it doesn't make sense, she's awful, then you remember she's sleeping with the prez of CBS. Who was Padma's Les Moonves?
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

i think she originally got the gig when she was married to salman rushdie, who's not a tv personality but he's a world-famous author and gazillionaire so i'm sure he pulled some strings.
    i seem to remember she 'wrote' (i.e. plagiarised or had someone ghost-write) and thinks that makes her jeffrey fucking steingarten.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

I just read a review of Rushdie's new autobiography. He's such a douche! The reviewer tried to be kind, but Rushdie is far too great an asshole to hide, even from himself, since the book reveals just how petty and intellectually dishonest he is.

Anyway, Rushdie is not kind to Padma in the book. She ignores him to <GASP!> pursue a career! Bitch! He had to seek comfort and total dedication elsewhere, naturally. At any rate, any woman who could fuck Rushdie is tainted by association. I think Padma likes fragile men, who built fantasies of dominance, controversy and superiority. Then she cuts them. Yeah, that's my take.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

yeah but he's a fucking genius and the fact that he wrote 'midnight's children' and 'the satanic verses' (among others, those aren't his only gems) earns him the right to be as much of an asshole as he wants.

my take is padma wants to be a trophy wife and have all her needs taken care of, but is too much of a bitch and has too much ambition to be the submissive bimbo that men who marry trophy wives want, so it doesn't work out.
    olivia likes this.

Elite Member

I finally saw the finale. Hated it. I was happy with who was in the finale, so I didn't care who won. The format stunk. I don't think it gave either of them the opportunity to cook the best meal they could.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information