Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Season 5

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    I keep misreading the name of Jeff's restaurant. According to the website it's Di Lido Beach Club but the caption on TV has it as Dilido which I read as Dildo. Do you think the producers are being sublominal?
    Me too!

I knew Alex was going as soon as he said he missed his family.

I don't know about Ariane's salad -- basil viniagrette, feta, tomatoes and watermelon? Cheese and watermelon? Didn't someone try that with disastrous results before?

I keep misreading the name of Jeff's restaurant. According to the website it's Di Lido Beach Club but the caption on TV has it as Dilido which I read as Dildo. Do you think the producers are being sublominal?

Yes! He's the perfect guy to be working at a place called Dildo.

I really thought the blond chick with habanero shrimp should have gone home over Alex. Maybe his dish wasn't finished, but hers could have made someone seriously ill. I mean come on, you use a tiny speck of habanero in a big giant pot of something like chili, you certainly don't slather something as delicate as shrimp in it.

That guy Danny's douchey beard drives me insane. I hope he gets sent home soon.

Is Rocco Dispirito the hotness or what?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Me too!

I knew Alex was going as soon as he said he missed his family.

I don't know about Ariane's salad -- basil viniagrette, feta, tomatoes and watermelon? Cheese and watermelon? Didn't someone try that with disastrous results before?
    Yeah - wasn't that Sam?

I guess in a way she was clever to make something easy and simple, like a salad. But it was totally unimaginative. Usually salads are a big no-no on Top Chef. I didn't like how this Top Chef felt more like that Food Network Star program, I just want to see good food being made. Kathie Lee was a straight up bitch for spitting that food out like that, I wanted to clock her. I can't believe what Jeff must have felt like. I still can't stand Arriane at all.

Greys I think that other chick should have gone home as well. That was actually quite dangerous to use something so hot and nobody should mess with those peppers unless they are experienced - not a great dish to try to teach people.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I make a watermelon feta and basil salad that's pretty darned good.

It's not very creative as there's tons of recipes like that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I like Fabio. Even though he's cocky, at least its charming. Stefan is the one who annoys the hell out of me, he's arrogant and its not charming in the least. As far as favs go, I really like Gene, I want him to go far. The fact that he's self-taught because he couldn't afford culinary school and worked himself up the ladder, beginning as a dishwasher, is really inspirational. I want him to prove that a culinary degree doesn't necessarily mean that you are better than someone who has worked his ass off to train his own palette and learn different types of cuisine on the street. He really blew me away with that Indian dish and how he recreated it without any knowledge of Indian cuisine.
    I have a culinary degree and do you know what? I had already been cooking for most of my life when I went to culinary school, completely self-taught, and when it came to actual cooking, I didn't learn anything new. Nothing. Thank goodness for all the other stuff I did learn; otherwise, it would have been a complete waste of time and money.

^^but.....have you ever cut up a hot dog and used toothpicks to stick crap on them?.....I thought not.....so much for a good culinary education.....no one can teach that kind of creativity....

....I didn't see last night's episode yet, so I'm trying not to read anyone's posts yet.......lucky for me, I'm still trying to figure out who is who this season.....

YES! Hubby watched last night and said, "Wow, I thought that said Dildo!"

You mean it didn't say Dildo cause I would have bet the farm that it did. I like Jeff and I wanted to punch Kathie Lee out. His food looked good to me and I thought him or Fabio should have won over a salad. Those judges are all over the place. A salad either wins or you get sent home because you didn't put any effort in.

Whew Gene and Carla are safe!

I didn't think Carla would go but Gene's make your own sushi and "fixed" bad rice were terrible ideas. An Danny was just horrible. Re: his exit speech, just who was he going to throw under the bus?

Jaime was robbed. Arianne just cooked lamb and nearly messed that up. Even Radhika did more than Arianne. The flavors were in the marinade and the sauce.

The quickfire was interesting but I don't think they should have been allowed to list salt and pepper as ingredients. Those are kinda "duh" ingredients. Other than that it was a cool challenge.

I didn't care for the quickfire so much. I prefer their old method for the palate challenge.

I think Stephan's crush on the Jamie was adorable. Though Jamie realliy ticked me off being mad that she didn't win the challenge. Maybe Arianne didn't deserve it, but grow up and suck it up.

I'm so glad Danny and his screwed up beard are gone. i was worried I'd have to look at that douchey trim a lot longer.

Fabio is the hotness.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ya I might have to dislike Jamie now she was a big Waaahhhh.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Stefan is an a-hole. The fact that he didn't want what-his-name to do the tomato sorbet, and then that ended up to be their team's best dish.

This is getting better every episode.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Fabio is kinda hot.

I like Stefan. Everyone keeps on and on about what an asshole he is but truly he's not getting the asshole edit.

I think Stefan is arrogant, although he hasn't really been an asshole. And he does have the chops to back up the arrogance, so I'm not minding as much as what I did towards the beginning. In fact, the only one who annoys me senseless is Jamie, she needs to stop pouting and STFU. She acts like a small child, even after the TV demonstration, on air, she folded her arms and pouted because her egg didn't get cooked. Get a grip!

I'm glad Gene didn't go home, even though he would have deserved it. In my mind, Danny deserved it more, it was a good call. I'm still hoping Gene can pull out a mind-blowing dish, I'm rooting for him. And I would have been really pissed if Carla left. She does need to open her mouth when she knows something is wrong, but she does have integrity and I feel like in previous challenges, she accepts blame where its due.

The quickfire was stupid. How could you advance because the other person screwed up? What does that say about your palette? They should have gone back and forth with the ingredients, like in the final challenge.

Ariane annoys the hell out of me because she just keeps scooting by on mediocre meals. How does she keep winning? Lets see, she's cooked a turkey and a lamb well, and made a salad. Yep, thats a chef. Jamie kept saying that everyone knew she should have won. No, we don't. Ariane definitely did NOT deserve the win, but Rhadika made the perfect marinade and sauce, if anything she deserved it the most. Ariane won because she cooked lamb? Give me a break.

And as for Gene and throwing away the rice, my gut instinct tells me that this kid grew up in dire situation where you didn't have the liberty of throwing away ingredients when you messed up, you "made it work" or else you didn't eat. I know thats how it was when I lived overseas in some families as well, if the rice didn't turn out perfect, they tried to make it work. No one ever threw out food.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information