Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Season 5

Yeah, to be honest I expected that soup to be the winning dish. But I think it lacked innovation, thats why it was given to Fabio.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

The soup sounded great but I do agree that it was relatively simplistic. I can't wait to find the recipe and try it.

Elite Member

I still don't quite get what Fabio did with the olives. I think they sounded a little icky, but I'm not a big olive fan, so to change their texture would make them even weirder to me.

I never liked olives much until I had real olives overseas, instead of this brine-packed crap we get here in the states.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I was surprised that Jill got sent home over Arianne. Jill didn't help herself by not being able to string together a sentence at the elimination. It drives me crazy that Arianne has to ask for everyone's opinions on her dishes. She is a chef she should be able to do it herself. I agree that on any other week Carla wouldn't of made into the top three. Carla reminds me of Beaker from the Muppet's.
    Fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Doesn't Carla remind you of Tracee Ellis Ross with her bug eyes and hair? Every time I see her I make that connection.
    Absolutely! I keep waiting for her Girlfriends to show up.

....hahaahah....she took actual hotdogs, cut them up and stuck some shit on them with toothpicks.......hell's bells, EVEN I can "cook" that well.....and I use my smoke alarm for my kitchen timer.....

So, it's kind of random that I thought of this, but I was watching older eps of Top Chef earlier and got reminded of it. In season 1 they had internet in the house and were allowed to look up recipes. I specifically remember Stephen looking up a bunch of recipes for desserts because he isn't a pastry chef and didn't really know any. I was even able to find it in an episode recap on TWoP:

Stephen hops on the AOL-sponsored Internet and AOLs (that doesn't work quite as well as "Googles," does it?) for "Ted Allen 'the food you want to eat.'" "Even though I had immunity, I still wanted to go way over what was expected of me, expecially as I'm not a pastry chef, so I went onto AOL to kinda gather some recipes to kind of set myself up for success," Stephen tells us. Top Chef TV Show - Top Chef Recaps, Top Chef Reviews & Top Chef Episodes | TWoP
    So, it was OK in season 1 for a chef to go and search for recipes for things they don't know, but using recipes from a book isn't OK now?

^^They did even worse than that, in Season 1 they made a wedding cake using Betty Crocker.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

..I took it to mean that the judges didn't think learning about a certain kind of cooking was best done through reading cookbooks....they were indicating that if she really wanted to learn a style of cooking, she needed to travel there and learn by eating the dishes prepared by the cooks from that area.....

...not that they were actually against using recipes once you learn about that style......

....but that's just my impression....their editing leaves a lot to be desired sometimes.....

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    ....hahaahah....she took actual hotdogs, cut them up and stuck some shit on them with toothpicks......
    I'm waiting for someone to pour cornflakes in a bowl and add milk ... with the spoon posed artistically on the rim, of course.

I really liked seeing the Foos on the Thanksgiving challenge. I actually felt kinda bad that someone had to leave. The challenge was really tough and they said it was a close call.

That Danny dude is an asshole. And seriously, pumpkin mousse with berries? Who on earth could think that's a good idea.

That Don Johnson dude is way too serious and annoying.

I'm starting to really like the little Filipino guy who went all MacGyver on the grill. I still have Rhadika and Stephen as favs, and even though Fabio is a cocky little fucker, he's rather charming.

I like Fabio. Even though he's cocky, at least its charming. Stefan is the one who annoys the hell out of me, he's arrogant and its not charming in the least. As far as favs go, I really like Gene, I want him to go far. The fact that he's self-taught because he couldn't afford culinary school and worked himself up the ladder, beginning as a dishwasher, is really inspirational. I want him to prove that a culinary degree doesn't necessarily mean that you are better than someone who has worked his ass off to train his own palette and learn different types of cuisine on the street. He really blew me away with that Indian dish and how he recreated it without any knowledge of Indian cuisine.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Gene is my favorite for all the reason January mentioned. I also like Fabio. I can't stand Stefan, he is way to cocky. I'm afraid he will probably win since the cocky chef who I don't like usually does.

They filmed the elimination challenge in my town so that was cool to watch.
    Fabulous!

I keep misreading the name of Jeff's restaurant. According to the website it's Di Lido Beach Club but the caption on TV has it as Dilido which I read as Dildo. Do you think the producers are being sublominal?

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information