Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Season 5

....I can't get behind anyone yet.....but they do seem to be better organized than earlier groups.....although I think the tall guy on "Team Rainbow" is hoping that the "little lesbian" (as he called her) could "give him a try as a bi"......

....wouldn't "Tastavision" be a great invention on which to watch this show?..........I kept poking at the screen with my fork.....Chef Cynic made his Kraft Mac&Cheese Extraordinaire........even the black noodles thingies looked better.....

Finally it's airing in Canada at the same time as the US and I don't have to avoid the thread. Yay for finally being able to join in!! I am so happy.

They aired season 4 not too long ago, but I moved halfway through, didn't get cable for the longest time, and missed the end. Who won??

I'm hoping Tom has grown a brain since last season. He was really dumb and annoying for a while.

The cute pudgy girl, can't remember her name at the moment.

Oh no you are not talking about my Tom that way, thems fightin' words.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Love that its in NYC. Don't have a fav yet but Stefan is quite annoying.

I'm not behind anyone yet, it always takes me a little while on this show to get a favorite. Except for the season that Sam was on (sigh)
    Fabulous!

It takes me awhile to have a favorite, mainly because I can't remember anyone's name.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

^Same here.

Glad it's in NYC this year.

That episode was embarrassing. I would have liked to have seen them cut half of the contestants for such craptastic dishes, that was definitely not worthy of Top Chef. One of the worst episodes ever in terms of dishes. Jill deserved to go home, but I really wish I could have seen Arianne leave. She grates on my last nerve and she is not a chef in the least. When I saw her picking up fava beans in the last episode and asking "what is this?" to the random guy, I was appalled. She doesn't know the first thing about cooking and should have never been on the show in the first place. Actually, that goes for most of these contestants this season, I'm really disappointed. I can already foresee that Stefan, Fabio will probably be in the finals, thats about it. Gene, Jeff, Richard, Jamie and Rhadika will probably go pretty far as well (maybe).
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I just about busted a gut laughing when Padma took a bite of the too-sweet dessert ... the look on her face. Omg! And the comment about "the sweaty little piece of cheese from a deli" ... I was almost crying.

I found the one guy in the dining room who kept saying that he could have done better soooo annoying. Um, obviously not, dude. You couldn't even get picked for the show!

Elite Member

I'd rather see a handful of really awesome chefs battle it out. The girl who was cut last night, Patrick, the first bootee and Arianne should never have made the cut in the first place. I'm sure there are a few others I could add to the list. If they want to make the season longer with less contestants, they could figure out a way to do it.

Also -- seafood expert chef -- don't you know you never use canned? Especially if you couldn't taste/smell it before purchasing. Dumbass. Whenever someone declares themselves an expert on something (remember the pastry chef) they always fall down on that dish.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Padma is gorgeous!!
    Anyone know the story about that scar on her arm?
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
    Anyone know the story about that scar on her arm?
    Something about a childhood accident. You should be able to google it, she's been pretty open about talking about it.

Arianne seriously needs to go. This is the same idiot who said last week that if she didn't eat ethnic food and if she wanted to try it she'd use a cookbook. Not a chef.

I'm sticking to my first impression picks with Stephen and Rhadika. They both did well last night. Fabio is a cocky bastard, but I think the guy can cook.

And I agree January, last night's epi was a complete a total embarassment. I hope those chefs cringe in shame when they watch that episode.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ooh, last night's ep was fun just because of the jackasses in the dining room. IF the people on the show made that slop, how bad could they have been??

I still don't get what new-American is and I LURVE LURVE LURVE to cook. I think they just make crap up so they can mock the chefs.

I wouldn't serve canned crab to anyone and I can't believe that guy was so limited that he couldn't improvise - any type of white fish could have been smoked and subbed in. I did get a chuckle out of the fact that the first 2 to go home were CIA students/grads. Top Chef trying to say something about culinary schools??

Doesn't Carla remind you of Tracee Ellis Ross with her bug eyes and hair? Every time I see her I make that connection. I was actually embarrassed for Jill last night, and glad to see her go. Who picks an ostrich egg to use in a quiche? How is that unique? And she had never even cooked with ostrich egg before. And she couldn't even answer a stupid question. Personally, I think Carla got lucky that she was in the top 3, she could have easily been in the bottom 3 if it had been any other challenge. On this one, she lucked out that basically everyone made a shitty dish. Even the winning dish wasn't spectacular in the least.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I dunno, that corn soup sounded awesome.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information