Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Season 5

And the skies opened and the sun appeared and the angels sang!!

Leah SUCKED and should have been gone weeks and weeks and weeks ago. I would have preferred Stephan, Fabio, Carla & Jamie - but I do (sort of) like the underdog part of Hosea.

Good episode, but I still have to bitch that it no longer seems like a cooking show, they don't show the construction of the dishes anymore - do they have new producers or something???

The elimination challenge last night was a cakewalk. Could they have made the darn thing any easier? I was a bit disappointed.

I have to agree that the episode last night wasn't very exciting. I did get excited for the chefs getting the chance to cook for such luminaries in the culinary world.

I'm going to Hosea's restaurant on Saturday!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm so glad Leah is gone but wish her man was gone with her. I hate him. Can't stand to look at him or listen to him talk and knowing my luck he'll be in the final three. I liked during the commercials the chefs eating at Harold's restaurant. I was hoping for a glimpse of Richard Blais when I went to his restaurant in Atlanta but no sign of him. Food was terrific though.

...old Fabio sure got white when he broke his finger....which makes Leah even more of a wuss for giving up on that quickfire last time....

...and Stefan had the wind knocked out of his arrogance.....he overcooked his fish!...what a rookie mistake!.....

...although it might all taste better than my cooking....even I can make roasted chicken and squab with peas?!?!?!.....never thought I'd see the day I said this....but I almost miss WolfBoy and his frothy crap.....wow.....I did say it......

....are you getting the fish, Grey?.....be sure to tell him to let the Monk Fish rest long enough....

I loved Marcel!!! I think my boy's arrogance will be in full force next week at least I hope so I love that about him!

I'm not a fan of monk fish, so I won't be getting that.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

Top Chef’s Leah: Do I Regret Kissing Hosea? Yes and No

February 12, 2009

Love her or hate her, New Yorker Leah Cohen nearly made it to the semifinals of Top Chef. But she was cut on Wednesday after a runny egg dish failed to impressed a who’s who of famous chefs. Apart from her food, the chef also cooked up one of the season’s most memorable — and scandalous moments — when she shared a kiss with fellow contestant Hosea, even though both chefs were dating other people at the time. Calling from New York, Cohen, 26, talks about the fallout from the kiss, explains why she was “done” with the show long before her ouster and tackles our five burning questions. – Brian Orloff

Everybody is wondering, what’s your relationship with Hosea like now?
    We’re really good friends. He’s my boy. I love him like a friend. Just straight off the bat we just gravitated together, and it was one night where we kissed. We were drunk and we kissed. It just happened. Of course, I wouldn’t have cheated on my boyfriend on national television, which was probably the most f—-d up thing I did on the show. I can’t take that back. I’ll take full responsibility for my actions.

Do you regret what happened at all?
    I definitely regret cheating on [my boyfriend] on national television. He’s not my boyfriend anymore because of what happened on the show and other things. Do I regret kissing Hosea? Um, yes — but no at the same time. I don’t know. It’s weird. Whatever it is, I did [it]. So, there’s nothing I can do to change it.

You’ve been in the bottom on several occasions. Did you ever feel that you were going to be going home earlier than you did?
    During Judges’ Table [at the farm challenge], I was kind of shocked because I thought “team pig” that was losing team. Then for Restaurant Wars, since we had no idea who was going home, I had made tons and tons of mistakes that day. It was like a bad day of work, but unfortunately if you have a bad day of work on the show, you get kicked off. I would have definitely gone home if it wasn’t for Stefan and Fabio’s [work]. From then on, I was just over it.

Do you mean you just kind of gave up?
    I think everyone has a certain level of how much they can take. You can prepare yourself as much as you want, but doing the show, it was way more stressful and challenging than I had ever anticipated. The night of Restaurant Wars, after that challenge, I was just done. I was over feeling the anxiety, the stress and I kind of had enough.

Back to the farm challenge, many people thought Ariane, who was on your team, was unfairly eliminated.
    I really thought that Radhika was going to be eliminated for that challenge, and then when I found out that we were on the bottom, I thought it was between myself and Ariane. They kind of played it like Hosea and I teamed up against Ariane, which was not the case at all. I would have never intentionally thrown Ariane under the bus - nor do I think to this day that I did. And I read that a lot of people were upset. I was upset that Ariane got eliminated as well. I didn’t think it was going to be anyone on my team. There’s a level of feeling bad about it, but in the end you’re there for yourself.

Before leaving last night, you said you feel like you didn’t cook your best food on the show. What did you mean?
    Before coming onto the show, I really did not have a lot of experience. I had never put a dish together from start to finish - and since [being on] the show, I know I’m a lot more capable of some of the food that I produced. I made a lot of working mistakes, like undercooking the fish for Restaurant Wars. Overall, I think, you’re in a stressful situation and you’re thrown all these curveballs. … They threw me off. I know the food that I do now is way better than anything I’ve produced on the show.

Our Top Chef 5 Burning Questions:</B>

Describe your Top Chef experience in one word.
    Stressful

What is in your refrigerator right now?
    I have beer and kimchi.

Name one food you cannot stand.
    I don’t like white asparagus.

Pick your favorite fast-food restaurant.
    I like New York hot dogs from the street vendors.

Gail or Toby?
    Gail, hands down. I don’t really think Toby brought much to the table. Toby was just there to be the Simon Cowell of Top Chef.

Is kissing someone in a drunken moment considered cheating? If that was the only thing they did, I don't know why both of their relationships ended and they keep talking about it like it was a huge deal.

Of course, I've been single forever, so maybe I'm missing something ...

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Is kissing someone in a drunken moment considered cheating? If that was the only thing they did, I don't know why both of their relationships ended and they keep talking about it like it was a huge deal.

Of course, I've been single forever, so maybe I'm missing something ...
    yes (to me), it's cheating but could be forgiven. their relationships probably didn't make it because it was on tv and everyone knows about it. and some people think it didn't stop at kissing.

it wasn't just a kiss, they were laying down, cuddling, and making out. That's cheating.

I don't think I could stay with someone if they had kissed someone else on national TV. I mean, everyone would know what happened, it would be hard to live it down.

Haven't seen the ep. yet but am THRILLED that Leah is finally gone. I hated her.

fgg

did i hear carla correctly - she used to model?! model what?

^Well, she has the height...

Personally, I hope Carla wins. She is the perfect TC contestant; a good cook, entertaining, not arrogant, she'd be cool to hang out with. I just love her. I too hope it's between her and Fabio; I used to find him annoying and arrogant but he's grown on me so much. Must be the accent...I'm a sucker for Euro accents.

I can see Carla as a model. She's tall and skinny and has a very distinctive look. Model does not always equal pretty. She has a "memorable" look. Also, the hair pulled back does her no favors. I bet if she had a makeover she wouldn't be quite so weird-looking.

I really hope she wins, or Fabio.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Thread Information