Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Season 4 in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    So this stuff with Ted's blog and the Polish sausage...I don't get it at all. Why would they edit it to make it seem like they didn't use it at all. The way L & A kept saying they would never use PS and the judges complaining that they didn't use it. Could this (Ted's blog) be damage control? I know you can't trust what they show on TV, but I'm having a hard time believing they used the ingredient, even if the recipe says so.
    Ted has some pics from the show that showed the polish sausage was bought and used. I also do not think Ted would lie about it. I think he might go into damage control mode, but I do not think he would make it up.

But I agree...it makes NO SENSE given what we saw on the show now does it? It is baffling. And also, Ted seems to have edited his blog since the pics he DID have on there are no longer there..? WTF with that?

*Maybe Antonia and Lisa meant they would never serve Polish sausage as the main ingredient in their dish, or showcase it. Instead it was the fish, and then the chorizo and polish sausage underneath?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

The editing of the show interferes with what actually happened/how they're judged...I used to enjoy the show but it's just getting to be too much and too confusing for me. Not to mention that it's prettymuch a constant commercial spot for certain brands (Uncle Ben's rice, Glad, etc.) If they're going to be so blatant, they shouldn't make us sit through commercial breaks as well.

sigh. Top Chef, you're dead to me.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Ted has some pics from the show that showed the polish sausage was bought and used. I also do not think Ted would lie about it. I think he might go into damage control mode, but I do not think he would make it up.

But I agree...it makes NO SENSE given what we saw on the show now does it? It is baffling. And also, Ted seems to have edited his blog since the pics he DID have on there are no longer there..? WTF with that?

*Maybe Antonia and Lisa meant they would never serve Polish sausage as the main ingredient in their dish, or showcase it. Instead it was the fish, and then the chorizo and polish sausage underneath?
    What you say makes sense -- I know that Ted wouldn't lie (why stick his neck out like that?), but it's so bizarre. Also, why didn't anyone else comment about the PS on their blog?

hmmm curiouser and curiouser....

Elite Member

I read the comments under Ted's blog and here are two I think are worth noting:

1. If, indeed, Antonio and Lisa had actually used Polish sausage, then the entire JT discussion about their dish was a joke. So, why didn’t they speak up right away and put the issue to rest? Instead, Tom was asking why they didn’t use it . . . “You have to use your word.” And when Antonio said, “Believe me, in the future . . .”, Tom said, “If there is a next time.”
    Both Antonio and Lisa were talking at once with excuses for not using Polish sausage -- mashed potatoes, sauerkraut and all -- and their serendipitous decision NOT to use Polish sausage, which Tom thought was amusing. Guest pastry chef judge said they could have gone in a whole other direction with the Polish sausage.
    In the stew room, Antonio said it was “improv” and she put her fingers in the air to show quotation marks. Lisa said, “We would have been better off steaming Polish sausage in f*cking beer.”
    Ted, please explain this discrepancies.

2.Okay, Ted, I'll take your word for it that polish sausage was used. However, if that was the case then the Top Chef producers need to revisit how they edit episodes - unless they're just trying to stir up the masses. And it is quite interesting that at least one of your fellow bloggers also believed that polish sausage was not used - not to mention that Lisa was so concerned that she follow the "rules" this week. Be that as it may, this was a good episode. It was particularly nice to see the chefs interacting with the kids - and not swearing a blue streak for a change. I was afraid Stephanie was the one who was going to go. I certainly hope, however, that she regains her confidence as she seems to be one of the chefestants who really has the chops to win it all.

As Kristi said...curiouser and curiouser...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Speaking of curiouser. Does anyone here ever cook the contestants recipes? And if you do, are they as good as they look on tv?

I no longer watch this show religiously.
    Is this season any good?

This is what 3 weeks away from the country will do to you. hahaha It kicked my addiction away.

Quote Originally Posted by ekee View Post
    I no longer watch this show religiously.
    Is this season any good?

This is what 3 weeks away from the country will do to you. hahaha It kicked my addiction away.
    I think it is pretty good. The next challenge looks to be entertaining..a combination of restaurant wars and the wedding challenge-WEDDING WARS!!! It promises to be a disaster..long horrible hours, bad food, bitchiness, etc. I cannot wait!

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    Speaking of curiouser. Does anyone here ever cook the contestants recipes? And if you do, are they as good as they look on tv?
    I made Betty's roasted pepper soup and roasted veggie sandwich which won the Friday's challenge last season. It was very very good. I've made it several times.

Someone on EGullet made Dales ribs from the tailgating episode with good results too.

Sometimes I'll look at the recipes and they seem to be written half assed but for the most part I can figure out what to do.

One of the guys, Spike (?), is quite annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by ekee View Post
    One of the guys, Spike (?), is quite annoying.
    He is my favorite. But I do not think he is long for the competition ( ). And if you are talking about the guy with the annoying hats, then yes it is Spike. Why why why must he wear those things? Especially those Gawd-awful fedoras that make him look like a little kid playing dress up with daddy's clothes. UGH.

He has a nice head of hair and it matches his beard very nicely.....why cover it up?

Sorry Soj, but Spike is skinny, ugly, and usually a jerk.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Sorry Soj, but Spike is skinny, ugly, and usually a jerk.
    He is handsome, sexy, charming, charismatic, a great chef, and a real hottie. His only shortcoming is that he completely lacks an ass. The man has NO ass. Just a back descending down and then legs.

Oh..and the hats..ok two shortcomings..

*If you like Spike, I will wholeheartedly support your campaign to win over Ryan Reynolds.. You KNOW you are better for him than Scar JoHo!!

Hate Spike. The only thing hot about Spike was his bromance with Mark.

Ryan and ScarJo will not get married, mark my words. Besides, I'm way too old for Ryan, I ain't no Demi.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I just do not get why so many hate Spike. Even when he is assy he does it in a cute way. I am SOOO damn glad he outlasted whiny no talent hack Zoi and lovesick 'ode to Zoi' Jen. Now if he can just outlast bitchface greasy Lisa he will have outlasted all the lesbians..who seem to hate him.

YAY LESBIANS!! (Spike's cheer)..as they ALL GO HOME!

Go Spike!!!

*I was lying about the Ryan thing anyway..

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information