Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef: Season 2

I thought Elia and Marcel did have a a friendship (of sorts) based on having worked together prior to Top Chef. Her private interview comments on several previous episodes she expressed sympathy for him. Maybe they weren't really that close at all. Maybe he's been getting on her nerves too, and she just won't sound off about it like everyone else has....either to his face or in private interviews....because she wants to be perceived as this person who gets along with everyone. I've seen her get more mad at herself than any other person on this show. I'm starting to think she's a bit of a phony after not seeing her take up for him here.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

And I still have to say (I love beating dead horses.....) that if Marcel has that effect on everyone he meets, the problems are his, not the other chefs. Everyone on the show hates him (except for the judges who don't have to deal much with him).....even the ones who didn't start out hating him seem to hate him now.

I think Marcel is good at getting people's goats and then turning it around to make himself out to be the victim.....manipulative, little twit......he should have gone out with them to have a drink.....

Elia just seems a little unbalanced to me....there is emotional and there is hysterical......she tends towards the latter.....

Well the sleuths at TWOP have gone through the footage like it was the Zapruder film..and it turns out that the Marcel assault happened FIRST! Then they shaved their heads. As Marcel is leaving the room right after being released by Cliff, and Ilan is yelling to apologize, Elia can be seen on the floor LAUGHING AND STILL WITH HER HAIR!! The head shaving(and Elia making fun of Marcel and how he would look with hair vs their all being bald at jt) was AFTER they had assaulted him! So much for being shocked by how it had 'gone too far'.

Also Marcel gave an interview:

-Cliff followed him after the assault and was throwing shit(like chocolate bars) at him and THEN he went into the bathroom to hide.

-Marcel was at a nightclub after filming in Vegas and some girl came up to him and said, "are you Marcel from Top Chef?' and when he said yes he was hit in the face with a bottle-30 stitches!!!

-The reason he said that shit at jt after the catering thing(when Sam won) was because he had worked very hard and they had all congratulated themselves and thanked eachother(Sam, Ilan, Betty) and had completely ignored him. He was upset by not getting any recognition from any ot them and that is why he spoke up..he was just pissed that he was not recognized at all.

link to interview:

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/2007/01/18/feature2.html

Elia is a turncoat BITCH!!!

Ilan is a PRICK!!!

Sam is a SHIT-STIRRING COWARD!

GO MARCEL!!!!!!

*from Holster on the Bravo message boards: LOL

http://mcrumistudio.com/hawaii4o.jpg

^^Click to enlarge it! Bwahahahaha!!!!!

Another from the same person: (click to enlarge)
    http://mcrumistudio.com/clippercliff.jpg
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

bwahahahaa! those are great^^! thanks for sharing. unfrickin'believable that people would act like that. that's really shitty...maybe they should change the competition to "top asshole!"
    The first step to acquiring wisdom is to admit that you really know nothing.

The thing is, I think if there's a fight between two guys, and then its resolved (it seemed like everything that morning was okay between Marcel and Cliff), then I kind of don't see the problem. Maybe I'm too insensitive, but I've seen this crap a million times between guys I know and its kind of the rule that you just let the guys settle it, which it seemed had been done. It was a prank (that obviously went too far) but Cliff had already said he was sorry. Sometimes I just think people are so over-sensitive. Either way, Cliff would have been sent home, so I guess its irrelevant.

But I absolutely loathe Padma. She handled Marcel with kid gloves! "I'm soooo sorry this happened to you! Are you allright! You all should have known better. Are you sure you're okay?" Damn, the guy is a grown man, not a little kid, and he's obviously okay. Get over yourself. Me and my husband just sat there rolling our eyes the whole time. Padma annoys the crap out of me.

At least she is way better than the chick from last season's show. Padma at least has personality where as the Joel-chick had zip, zero, nada!!
    Yeah she was going a bit overboard with Marcel have to agree with you on that one.

I lost my ability to even look at Padma after the "Seven" show in which the camera kept showing her picking her teeth while she was seated at the dining table. Tres gauche...... If you KNOW you are being filmed for television.....how could you not wait a few minutes and excuse yourself before acting like a dental assistant on yourself......

She's crass....

Marcel's an ass.....

And, no, it was not I who cut up Marcel's face......was it an improvement on the original?

Go Marcel!!!!

^^heeheehee......

C'mon back and play, Sojiita, I'll let you say bad things about Sam's hair......
    Last edited by cynic; January 22nd, 2007 at 04:29 PM.

Even though I like Marcel..I would rather 'do' Ilan or Sam ..lol..yeah I am shallow! hehehe

vote on this perfectly useless poll for your favorite of the four!

http://www.tv.com/feature/top-chef/?...y_list;title;4

lots of Marcel love on there..

cynic and Elia
    sitting in a tree..
    K.I.S.S.I
    ..oh wait, Elia had another 'collapse' and said 'I quueeeeet' and fell out of the tree..nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    Yeah she was going a bit overboard with Marcel have to agree with you on that one.
    Yeah, talk about emasculating someone, it was like talking to a little child. He's not in the trauma ward, I think he's okay. The thing is, it almost looked like he enjoyed it - like, will this get me into the finals? I think he was enjoying all the attention he was getting. Both of them irritated me.

.....ack, ack, ack.....hairball......

I could have lived a good, long life without seeing Marcel shirtless.....thank you, my friend......

In motion, no less.....ack, ack, ack.......

....heehee...."I queet!".....yes, she does tend to repeat herself, doesn't she?.....heehee....how do you become a Top Chef when you collapse under pressure?......or cope by shaving your head?......or giving yourself a chocolate facial?.......she could become Bobby Brown's next wife if she isn't careful.....

Hit By Ban Bus!

Cliff's a nasty brute, and I'm glad he's gone.

^^Yeah, I don't think I'd want him handling knives beside me on a daily basis......that neck says steroids to me.....

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information