Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top Chef Masters

I think the right three were in the finals and I would have been happy with any one of them winning. Rick Bayless seems like such a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I like him, he's earned his assitude, so why not?
    I always liked him a lot and I love his cooking - but NOONE has earned that level of asshattery. I think the other master chefs were embarassed by him.

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    I'm glad Bayless won but I was hoping Keller would come in second.

Drats.
    I'm glad Bayless won over Chiarello, but I would have preferred Keller - he was a class act the whole time. Bayless just bugs me, but his food looked amazing.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm glad Oprahs chef didn't make it to the top 3, I got tired of the name dropping.

I wanted Keller to win, then Bayless. I didn't like the Italian dude at all.

My husband watches all this stuff, I got suckered in. I'm more a Triple D sort of person.

I was cheering for Chef Hubert too, but Bayless totally deserved his win. Love him. Wish one of his restaurants were near me.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I was cheering for Chef Hubert too, but Bayless totally deserved his win. Love him. Wish one of his restaurants were near me.
    Bayless is doing his winning menu at one of his restaurants through Sept 12. Would that be heaven or what?

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    I'm glad Bayless won but I was hoping Keller would come in second.

Drats.
    yeah, that's how i feel. keller totally grew on me.

my hubby & i started watching this after the first few episodes had aired, but we quickly got caught up & really liked it.

i liked anita lo a lot & was kind of bummed when she was eliminated. chiarello was so freaking full of himself that i was really hoping that he would not win. bayless came across as so nice & so cool under pressure. i wanted to try his foods most out of any of the chefs...he just seems to have so much passion for not only mexican food, but the culture, too. i really dug that about him.

that was a good show...it was a nice change from the usual sabotage/mean crap that that happens on the regular top chef shows. they all seemed to have quite a bit of respect for one another & some camraderie, which was cool.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Elite Member

I'm on the fence about Chiarello. He did come across as an asshole in the last round but considering the circumstances, I don't blame him. It was his name on the line, he didn't have time to chit-chat with all those student cooks. He wanted to see these kids' skills in action, not hear them talk about it. That one guy with the hat was cocky. I don't blame Chiarello for saying "No way he'd be in my kitchen"...and that other kid who was up in his face, give me a break. When the boss tells you to do something (at any ANY job), you don't fucking argue with him and challenge him to a fight. I think Chiarello's patience was running low that day.

Completely off-topic, but I have to ask. Does anyone else get a huge gay vibe from Rick Bayless or am I the only one? I think he's married though [not that that necessarily means anything].

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Completely off-topic, but I have to ask. Does anyone else get a huge gay vibe from Rick Bayless or am I the only one? I think he's married though [not that that necessarily means anything].
    You're not the only one. I always have. I was so surprised when I found out he was married.

Married with a daughter. They have a book and a TV show together. I've met him and didn't get gay vibes off him IRL but I can see why you get that impression.

Hit By Ban Bus!

nah but I have no gaydar, unless they come out and say "I'm gay" I just think they are guys with nice manners and dress well.

Chiarello gets no passes with me, you don't crap on people. I've met Emeril when he had a restaurant in Atlanta (closed now) he glowered but he never treated his people rude. Bayless and Keller worked with their people. Chiarello wasn't all that nice to his own chef.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    It was his name on the line, he didn't have time to chit-chat with all those student cooks.
    they may not be as acclaimed as bayless, chiarello and keller but they are far from "student cooks". most of them own their own restaurants or catering companies or are accomplished in some other way and were some of the top performers from their seasons. did you watch the new season? there are james beard award winners as contestants - about as far as you can get from a student cook as i can think of.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information