Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Chef - from the folks at Project Runway

Default Re: Top Chef - from the folks at Project Runway

Yup, he is!

I figured it would be him, for everything nasty about Tiffani, she is talented.

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting in this thread. i love Top Chef.

Dave, Lee anne, and Harold are on my top 3.

Tiffani will get kicked out next week. (hopefully)

I'm glad they got rid of Stephen, he was so annoying. It was about time.

oh yeah,
    Harold is a hottie.

Well they were not really fair in not telling the chefs the time constraint. given that, Stephen again failed miserably and was not fast in preparing his food and AGAIN was not in the kitchen where he was needed! he deserved the boot! Ding Dong the witch is dead!!!! . Don't know if it is just the editing or not, but Harold needs to perk up abit. His food was also a disaster this time. He needs to step up now. On the message board for the show people are PISSED at the producers/etc for putting the chefs in an unwinnable situation. On the Bravo Top Chef blogs, Tom C. and Gail rip Stephen to shreds!!! Hahahahaha!!!!!

Tom C:

"..So when it was time to judge, I wanted to hear from the chefs themselves what had gone wrong. And to a one, they pointed to Stephen. Yet again, his grandstanding in the dining room cost the team a needed set of hands. Stephen saw himself as the crucial liaison between the kitchen and the guests, but a more experienced banquet director at the very least would have anticipated the wedding toasts and held off on firing the next course. Marcy Blum, our guest Judge, was impressed by the waiters 'sweeping the room' (serving in unison) but truthfully – the waiters only 'swept' the head table, which looked good on camera but did little to enhance everyone’s experience. And by jumping in to orchestrate service, Stephen left the hotel's Banquet Captain with nothing to do – a poor use of resources, and evidence that he lacks the confidence to delegate. "

Stephen truly believes that he will single-handedly "raise the bar" for the rest of us. And indeed he may – to heights of culinary and oenophilic rapture that mere people can't hope to appreciate. And when that happens, there may be diners somewhere who will happily pay to be hectored, lectured, and reminded of their inferior knowledge. But if those guests are out there, in twenty-five years on the job, I haven't met them.

Gail:

"..I recognize how earnestly Stephen wants to share his knowledge. I appreciate his belief that he can "elevate" the industry and I applaud his lofty ideals, as without this type of ambition restaurants would not be challenged to move forward. But with each episode, his ego has clouded his focus. Time and again he has demonstrated that he is far more concerned with the location of Rioja, the acid balance of Rose´ and the correct temperature of Pinot Gris than with getting his hands dirty in the kitchen. The irony of it is that he speaks about wine to diners twice his age as if they are children, when the kid has only been drinking legally for three years!

I trust that one day Stephen will be the great chef, sommelier or even the award-winning restaurateur to which he aspires. He has the drive and the education. But until he learns that good service is less about hearing the sound of your own voice and more about tuning into the voices and concerns of your customers, he is going to have a very hard time finding anyone to listen. "

^^^
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Hey I read on the Bravo site there's going to be a second season-they're looking for contestants.

Suprise!!!Stephen blew it again with his need to educate.

I felt sorry for them having to cater a wedding out of a supermarket. Hello! You aren't going to find top notch salmon at the 11th hour in a grocery store.

If you have a few minutes read Stephens website-it's a hoot although the thought of him having a bubbling orgasm makes me want to scrub my brain

http://stephenasprinio.com/

Well as far as Harold perking up a bit, I think it really showed in this episode just due to the exhaustion factor. And since Stephen is gone, maybe everyone will perk up.

I hope Tiffani gets the boot next week. I can't stand her. I really like the other three though - Harold, Dave and Le Anne.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Elite Member

Stephen's website is so unintentionally hilarious. He looks so pissed off in all of the photos, when I think he was trying to go for a more pensive vibe.

I think that his parentage speaks volumes about how he views food -- a physicist? No wonder he plays mad science in the kitchen.

So glad he's gone...hoping Tiffani is next. If Dave, Harold or LeeAnne were the top three, I'd be happy for any one of them to win. I really want Dave to be in the top three -- it would so piss off Tiff and Stephen!

I finally realized who Stephen reminds me of -- do you remember the Rankin/Bass Christmas show with Mr. Heat Miser or whatever it was -- it was in the 70s -- that's what he looks like -- either the Heat guy or his brother the cold one -- they had that same sticky-up hair
    Last edited by tulip; April 27th, 2006 at 10:10 PM.

SVZ

Has Stephen Aspirin-o had a nosejob?

^^If he did it was a massive failure. His face always looks so pale and bloaty and ..well ...wet. I can't believe there are people who think he is better looking than Harold. Stephen = EWWWW

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita
    ^^If he did it was a massive failure. His face always looks so pale and bloaty and ..well ...wet. I can't believe there are people who think he is better looking than Harold. Stephen = EWWWW
    No they do not! How could they? Stephen is just gross. There is not one attractive thing about him...especially his holier-than-thou attitude!

Harold is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip
    No they do not! How could they? Stephen is just gross. There is not one attractive thing about him...especially his holier-than-thou attitude!

Harold is adorable.
    On the Message board for the show there are people who actually would like to fuck Stephen!!..they ARE a minority though!

Quote Originally Posted by weedeater

How could anyone think Stephen is hot? He's so ugly, I hate his lips and he walks slightly hunched like a big dork.

Any predictions for next week? Even though the previews look bad for "Tuffani" I think they are just trying to fool us and I think poor likeable Dave will get the axe next and Lee Anne, 'tuff n stuff' Tiffani, and Harold will be in the top three.

Elite Member

Unfortunately, I think you are right Sojiita. I would love Dave to make it to the next round, but I don't think he will. It disappoints me a bit -- I know the show is called Top Chef -- but if those three make it, it won't be a huge surprise, they were the ones with the best pedigrees of the bunch. I wish they would throw in a curve ball, like Dave, to keep it interesting.

I really, really, really, really don't want Tuffani (love the name) to win.

If you had to pick one person to be your personal chef -- cooking only -- nothing on the side! who would you want it to be based on their dishes so far?
    No fair picking Harold just because you'd like him to cook naked for you. This is a food-related question only

I think I'd pick LeeAnne

I totally think Lee Anne is going to win and that it's between Harold and Dave next to leave. But who knows, sometimes things turn out so different. Don't get me started on Project Runway...Chloe.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information