Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Top Chef - from the folks at Project Runway

Default Re: Top Chef - from the folks at Project Runway

I totally just saw Miguel in a commercial for the French Culinary Institute's Italian program! He was sort of center frame for the majority of the ad, but I'm about 98% sure it was him (I even rewound it a few times).

It was on the Food Network during 30-minute meals.

Elite Member

^ yup, that was him. LeeAnne is in one too.

Can't wait for Harold to wup Tuffani's butt tonight!

Restaurant people are notorious drunks. It's how they deal with the hours and stress. I can't believe she is blaming her failures on hungover helpers. Tiff's complaints show she has no real world experience.

So I guess you people know that Harold won, it wasn't that exciting for me. The top episode for me was the reunion. After that it just didn't seem that exciting.

I enjoyed the finale. Good drama and entertaining. The best Chef won. Tiff really had to reap what she had sown in dealing with Stephen and Dave. She absolutely did herself no favors in how she represented herself(or how the editors represented her). And a smack to the back of the head to Dave and Stephen for getting drunk and apparently(according to Tom C) still being DRUNK while working with Tiff.
    Harold's new restaurant is going to be called Perilla's(their is a website for it but nothing on it yet) in New York. Tiff 'allegedly' has a standing offer for a job from the chef who chose the fruit plate quickfire challenge winner (episode two). Miguel was seen recently catering an event in New York..and is said to be smart and funny. would love to see what the contestants now say if they are allowed to(on blogs,etc.)

Also...Damn! did Harold look good! and Stephen is getting more human all the time! hehehe And I don't know what Harold's feelings are but I think Lee Anne has it bad for him...anyone else think so??..expecially the way she was this episode..

*I got invited to join the little special seperate board that was forned by some of the TOP CHEF follower's to continue until next season...YAY! *

Quote Originally Posted by ralphycnan
    So I guess you people know that Harold won, it wasn't that exciting for me. The top episode for me was the reunion. After that it just didn't seem that exciting.
    Well now we know why Tiff was so drunk off her ass at the reunion that she was blowing chunks! I would have been wasted too if I were her! How hard it must have been to go back and have to face everybody after losing like that!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I scrolled down really quick so I wouldn't see who won. Damn it I forgot it was on. I knew I was forgetting something. I want so much for Harold to win. Please Please let Harold have won.

Elite Member

I am so glad Tiffani lost! I couldn't believe she tried to pass off Dave's desserts as her own. What a biatch!

Dave showed a lot of integrity last night. Good for him.

So happy for Harold!

Sojiita -- please share some scoops from the other board with us!
    Can't wait for season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip
    I am so glad Tiffani lost! I couldn't believe she tried to pass off Dave's desserts as her own. What a biatch!

Dave showed a lot of integrity last night. Good for him.

So happy for Harold!

Sojiita -- please share some scoops from the other board with us!
    Can't wait for season 2.
    Well if I can get some info I will try..some of these people actually know some of the contestants..apparently there was another gathering at a bar to view the finale with Dave, Lee Anne, Harold, etc..and from what they said Tom C. was with them!. Someone has already contacted Tiff by email and tiff responded that she is doing ok..which is good considering how she came off last night. She is getting alot of hate right now. It was just a TV reality show..it was mostly for fun but some people I think would actually like to really do her bodily harm!

Elite Member

^^ That is ridiculous -- it is only a reality show. I don't like Tiff at all, but I do hope she learns from the experience. It's obvious she has some raw talent. She just needs to learn some interpersonal skills. She also needs to learn how to share credit and stop lying to save her own butt.

I read Tom and Gail's blogs today. Why does Tom love Tiff so much. He spends most of his blog entries defending her. What gives?

Whoo-hoo! I'm so glad Harold won!! Although I'm concerned with his chugging the Bombay Gin.

I think Tiffani's ultimate downfall was that she doesn't play well with others. Notice how Harold got all shy when LeeAnne and Miguel called him "Chef". He was also smart in putting LeeAnne and Miguels names on the menu before his own.

Tiffani made the comment, ""MY back just found your knife, Harold" ??

Ummm what did Harold do She can't blame anyone but herself for losing!

BTW I read on another board that Tiffani is a server now and not a cook.

Also a lot of industry insiders watched the show and the way these people acted could decide which doors are opened and closed. As much as I disliked Tiffani I was disappointed that Dave and Stephen showed up hung over then continued to drink on the job. That is immature and unprofessional. Stephen and Dave would have come off a lot better had they been sober.

According to LeeAnnes blog she doesn't need the 100K and she's busier than ever.

Oh and I LOVED Harold's cheese/dessert course plates!!! I just bought some white rectangle and square plates at the restaurant supply store (cheap!) but they aren't as fancy as that!
    Last edited by KristiB; May 25th, 2006 at 05:37 PM.

Am I the only one who thought Tom C. looked sexy last night? I love some bald men...

I liked this show better than Hells Kitchen-and that show is coming back June 12! At least Gordon Ramsay is more entertaining than "Katie-bot"

I thought it was totally ridiculous of Tiffani to say she "told dave exactly what to do" on the desserts. Uh, basically you told him to do a dessert and it was the favorite out of all your dishes...what does THAT say?

I'm glad Harold won...tiffani was lying and scheming so much throughout this competition, it was a little ridiculous

For anyone who might still care:
    -Harold is looking at opening his restaurant "Perilla" in lower Manhattan later this year.
    -Dave and Lee Anne were in the Hamptons over the holiday partying and having fun(per Andy's blog on BravoTV.com)
    -Stephen has something called Asprinio that is his own company now and still looking to open his place soon in Vegas
    -Tiffani is working on the East Coast.
    Apparently Dave had a great time in Cannes(also went to St. Tropez) and was widely recognized there!(also per Andy's blog).

Elite Member

^ I still care! Thanks for the update!

I forgot Dave was going to Cannes. I bet he had a total blast.

I think it is very telling that Tiff hasn't been seen with any of the other contestants after the show. Usually, even if the person was a total jerk on the show, they do end up hanging up with someone afterwards who declares that they really weren't as bad as they were portrayed on tv -- no one, except Tom C, has stepped up to defend/befriend Tiffani
    Last edited by tulip; May 31st, 2006 at 10:29 AM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information