Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

Lord,Wes-you are one lucky soul! Imagine-getting to see the very first show!! You can't ask for another miracle for a whole year. How close were you sitting? All the seats look pretty good. Was it all posh-y?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    k, no more eddie vedder manifestos. they make people look demented.
    yes, they do.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Lord,Wes-you are one lucky soul! Imagine-getting to see the very first show!! You can't ask for another miracle for a whole year. How close were you sitting? All the seats look pretty good. Was it all posh-y?

I know not to expect anthing from Santa this year. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to LA but it all worked out. The seats we had were good, to the right of the door and up about 6 rows. The studio mural is really stunning with little lights all in it. The seats are movie theater style but the set is really nice. The doors are really cool - reminds me of old style movie doors with the patterned wood and really tall. Conan seemed really nervous at first but bantered back and forth as time went on and loosened up pretty quickly. The sound in the studio itself was good but I have heard from various people the studio mix that went out was really bad for the performance stage but was just a kink in the system. Max's band is to the side and they have the same moon shapes on them facing the opposite way, ha ha. Hope you all get a chance to go see him live and be sure to do tram circles.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

I'm so glad he is back. It was a little awkward at first but he's hitting his stride now too bad the ratings aren't there and I just don't understand why. I saw him in NY and I hope to get a chance to see him in LA someday!

CoCo Christoper's ratings rise, dominates in demo

Conan O'Brien's "Tonight Show" reversed its ratings decline and showed growth for the first time Wednesday night. Also, new ratings for O'Brien's first week behind the "Tonight" desk give NBC a record-setting lead over CBS' "Late Show" among adults 18-49.
    After seven nights of drops, NBC's "Tonight" may have found its bottom. The talk show rebounded 10% from Monday's performance, climbing to a 3.2 last night in the household ratings.
    That was enough to edge out David Letterman's "Late Show," which had bested O'Brien's "Tonight" in the overnights for the first time Tuesday evening. Letterman pulled a 3.1 rating, dropping slightly from the previous night.
    Letterman's lower number comes after headline-making jokes about Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's daughter. On Wednesday's show, Letterman gave a lengthy explanation/apology for his comments, and invited Palin onto his program (video below). O'Brien welcomed Dane Cook as guest; Letterman had Kathy Griffin and Stupid Human Tricks.
    Though overnight household ratings (which measure approximate overall viewership) have grown tighter between the two programs since O'Brien took over "The Tonight Show," newly released adult demo numbers portray last week's competition as an NBC blowout.
    The advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 ratings give O'Brien a 2.3 average rating last week -- the highest-rated week for "Tonight" in more than four years and a 156% margin over CBS' "Late Show."
    Even excluding the high-rated Monday premiere, "Tonight" held an 111% advantage over "Late Show," marking the best percentage advantage over the CBS program in more than 10 years. Even on their closest night, Friday, O'Brien received a 1.5 rating to Letterman's 0.8.
    The numbers helped push “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” to its highest weeklong demo rating yet (1.0), with a 67% margin over CBS’s “Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson." Also, "Last Call with Carson Daly" delivered its biggest rating (0.6) since 2007.
    NBC issued a press release declaring O'Brien "The New King of Late Night."
    “This is beyond our wildest expectations,” said Rick Ludwin, executive vp, late night and primetime series, NBC Entertainment. “Conan has brought new younger viewers to 11:35 pm and we're gratified that the demographic trend has continued here in week two, where the early numbers continue to show dominant victories, in all the key categories, for ‘The Tonight Show’.”

Source

This post brought to you by Conando!!!

eat a hot bowl of dicks.

In a selfish way, if CoCo's rating isnt as good as the other shows, that means we can have him for our little group of fans. I don't really like sharing. Ha.

emk
    Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by landerq View Post
    What I heard on Hulu sounded like shit. Shit sounds like shit no matter how many shows one may or may not have attended. (Unfortunately, I was too busy playing in my own bands back then while making a living and having a life to have time to follow Pearl Jam around the country.) What in the world difference does it make if it was a NEW song and no one heard it before to compare vocals? I was surprised because I always admired Vedder's voice and thought he had one of the best voices out there.

Now, if you were there and say it didn't sound like shit, I believe you. Actually, it makes me feel better and less depressed about the whole thing. I see no need to get so defensive or upset, but since you obviously are quite a bit obsessed with these guys, I can understand it and I'm sorry to have offended you so heartily.

Now in the best tradition of 1992, let's all put on our best flannel shirts, act very laid back and not overreact to unimportant things and attack people for their opinions. Remember?
    Pearl Jam performed Neil Young's Rocking In The Free World to the audience after the show and it was heaps better. (Saw it on YouTube). Ed must have been having a bad night on the Tonight Show as he's looking and sounding awesome on his current solo tour of the USA.

The creepy Tom Cruise wax statue is great
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I've been missing Coco Christopher [] altogether--still not used to him being on that "early" for late night.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    ^Omg he looks so sexy here!

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

conan's always been weirdly sexay.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Craigs list shopping with Slash was good too.

He's even sexier in person if you can believe it!

I love the creepy Cruise and urinal Fonz!!! Those wax figures on the whole were just plain bad!

I am actually glad he is on an hour earlier. I get up at 5 a.m. or earlier on weekdays, and I was lucky to see Conan 2 times a week. I always watched on Friday nights.

But I am now able to see his show in full and get some sleep too. I missed seeing him nightly, and I haven't missed a show yet. He is such a funny and loveable dork! That is a GREAT picture of him above!

I loved it when he had the Fonzie wax statue in the bathroom and then the statue of Tom Cruise peeks up over the bathroom stall. Hilarious!!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information