Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Terri Irwin on Larry King Live

She's 8 years old;what choice does she have? She's being told that she wants to do these things, and that doing fitness videos and appearing on adult talk shows is the cool thing to do. The kid is brainwashed, because no 8-year old would come up with the idea to do these things on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    no one knows what the "correct" way to react is. some children are more wise and aware than others. it's not because they are trained this way it's because it's who they are - it's in their soul. haven't you ever met a child who seems unusually aware of the world? to me, this little girl has a gift - actually many gifts. i don't believe she is being forced to do anything. i believe her mother is letting her child do what her heart and soul are guiding her to do. who are we to judge this?

i personally think the difference of opinions on this board are NOT between who has children and who doesn't. rather the differences are between whom is miserable and who isn't.
    Oh dear, I really hope your mouth is big enough because you just made it necessary to put way more than one foot in it! i
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

i personally think the difference of opinions on this board are NOT between who has children and who doesn't. rather the differences are between whom is miserable and who isn't.

Oh no, you didn't! Head snaps like Grimmloks old avatar as I think about reminding you of past history concerning personal misery but decides to be classy and not do so.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and it's not That big a deal when we disagree but to make a broad, sweeping generalization based on the supposed misery of virtual strangers tells me a great deal about your own state of mind.

Issues involving children always ring my chimes and I will always sound off, even if the opinion is unpopular.

Don't you have some new boyfriend to bang or something in your fulfilling new life?

Zee

Let me check something first. Nope not miserable at all.

My viewpoint is a realistic concern for this child. She is flat out being pimped for stardom with the carrot of making her father proud..

Take a look at the outcome of most child stars. It's not usually very positive.

Yes, she is a very poised and confident little girl. Imagine what she could be like in 10 to 20 years. I would rather wait to see that young lady and not end up with another Olsen.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Oh dear, I really hope your mouth is big enough because you just made it necessary to put way more than one foot in it! i
    But it's okay to say this? :

"Yeah, and sparkly fairy dust might just shoot out of your ass and Wal Mart only has America's good at heart. "

Let's be fair, peeps. I thought Sinnergirl had a pretty good point that some people do their grieving in private. They are the ones who have to deal with their loss, far be it for us to judge them on how they should do it.
    Let's AV DIS!

Elite Member

My feeling is that Bindi hasn't been raised as other kids have so why would we expect her to be like everyone else when dealing with her grief? Do any of us really know the 'right' way to deal with it? I don't. I think some judgements of Terri have been pretty harsh. Maybe she's got it right. Who knows?

I suspect that both Steve and Terri prepared her very early on about loss...be it her pets or the possibility that something could happen to her parents. Terri's mentioned on numerous occassions how she's always been honest in discussing things with Bindi. What alarms me more are those who tippy-toe around the subject. I commend them for doing a wonderful job raising Bindi. I'm certainly not going to judge them. It's more than apparent she misses her Daddy - she 'gets it' - but she knows she needs to carry on. She was destined to do this long before Steve's death.

Since we're all so concerned about the well being of kids, we should be focusing our prayers on Britney. It's her children who are doomed and need them more.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaRice View Post
    ^I don't think she is being FORCED to do anything. I think she wants to do these things and I think it's sad that her mother is getting shit for it.
    I actually agree with you here. I watched the episode and I thought she acted like I did when I was a mother, nothing unusual. I didn't feel her praise of Bindi was stagemom-ish at all.

Most people expect them to continue. The fact that they're doing it on their own timeline is their own business. It may actually be part of the healing process to jump back in the game and do what they always do, and do what comes naturally for them. They're a showbiz family. There's no getting around that. SO I've changed my opinion a bit.

And I agree about Britney's kids. Those kids really need prayers, just like millions of others around the world and right in our own backyards.
    Last edited by Mira; January 13th, 2007 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    ^^are you scolding me directly? funny but i wasn't targeting anyone directly - my comment was a general one. but whatever!

No, my comment is just as indirect as yours is.

You see, your comment is directed at those who hold a different opinion
    than you (i.e. me, amongst others). It's also a judgement about the state
    of mind of those who differ with your opinion, although you have absolutely NO knowledge of who we are, how we are doing or what we are doing in
    real life.
    It's a generalization of the worst kind, based solely on assumption, not on
    fact and indicating a personal condition (regarding a persons feelings
    or even mental state). Not done.
    Where you are assuming that those who hold different opinions than yours
    must be "miserable", all I did was pointing out that such an assumption
    is bad etiquette and unfounded.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by milky*mcgee View Post

"Yeah, and sparkly fairy dust might just shoot out of your ass and Wal Mart only has America's good at heart. "

Let's be fair, peeps. I thought Sinnergirl had a pretty good point that some people do their grieving in private. They are the ones who have to deal with their loss, far be it for us to judge them on how they should do it.
    The quote you chose to call me to justice with is not mine, thank you
    very much The one made by lalaland that was a sweeping
    assumption of the state of minds of those who disagree with her,
    was therefore directed at me, too, which is why I responded in a fair way.
    Before lalaland's generalization I simply disagreed with her. By her
    statement about the state of minds of those who disagree with her, I felt
    compelled to respond in an equally personal manner.

***** celeb

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by milky*mcgee View Post

So fucking spank me, or report me, or whatever it is you do whenever I say something you don't like. You fail to mention that sparkling fairy dust was thrown right back at me. It's called difference of opinion. I could have been a bit nicer about it but 15 days of high dose prednisone, irritation that some don't get it that kids aren't that capable of protecting themselves from being used and no coffee tends to make me meaner than normal.

If you were offended I am so sorry.

Wow, after reading this a lot of people have some really interesting insight on this whole thing. I haven't actually seen any of these interviews (I'm going to check YouTube in a bit) so I'm not really sure if my opinion counts for anything but I really think that people are being a bit harsh on this family. Everyone deals with grief differently and I feel like what is important to this family is the fact that Steve's ideas and practices live on. I feel like if they just disappeared into abscurity (sp?) and just let everything go that Steve worked so hard for they probably would be disappointing a hell of a lot more people than a few aggrivated parents who think that Terri is a bad mother. Do I think it's right that a lot of this is falling on the shoulders of Bindi? Not really, but if the child is saying it's what she wants to do, what's so wrong with that? We were all eight years old, we all had our own dreams to be scientists or politicians. Maybe it TRULY is what she wants to do. Who are we to say if it is or if it isn't?

And like I said, I haven't seen these interviews so my opinion might completely change after I see them but I have respect for Steve and everything he accomplished in his life. I don't think it's so horrible that his family feels the same way.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

If Terri Irwin were not "pimping out" her daughter (which I don't believe she is) Bindi -- with her personality and intrinsic nature -- would be hounding her mother to do exactly what she's doing now.

Kids like that have a special destiny because of what situation they were born into. We cannot judge them or their situation by "normal" standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Totally not surprised about this one. She's what astrologers refer to as "Scorpio Leos". A powerhouse with all the Mars-Pluto traits I've been harping on about.

Bindi Sue Irwin
    July 24, 1988
    Nambour, Queensland, Australia.
    (noon birthtime used for calculation purposes).

Leo Sun
    Scorpio Moon
    Scorpio Rising
    Pluto in Scorpio inconjunct Mars in ARIES!!

As Buz Myers, noted astrologer always used to say: "Mars Pluto, anyone?!"

Oh she'll be fine as long as she's allowed run amok which pretty much she'll insist on anyway (think Oprah, Madonna, Trump, Angelina, Babwa, all the rest of those Mars Pluto people... see other thread Angelina Jolie disses Shiloh and admits Brad Pitt knocked her up.

She actually told her mother she loved her daddy more than her. I can understand the context, but still.... If my daughter had ever said that to me, I'd feel kicked in the stomach.

This girl will be more intimidating than Angelina Jolie ever thought about being. Yes, she's an adorable, articulate little girl. But just wait.

prnjc7, what do you think?
    HOLY SHIT!!

Yes, my mentor always would stress Mars/Pluto aspects...along with Saturn/Pluto, but that's another story...and Scorp/Leo, yeeeeow!

She's going to be soooo enigmatic with all of that Scorpio energy...Scorpio (I believe anyway, other astrologers have different opinions I'm sure) is the most spellbinding, fascinating and powerful sign in the zodiac--fearless and sometimes ruthless in getting what they want if they set their minds to it. They are powerful creatures. With the Leo factor, it's going to bring in great stage presence, enthusiasm and absolutely no fear for anything, a "lioness" if you will. No one will be able to stop her! Throw in that l'il Aries inconjunct--hello go-getter. She has the astrological tools to start her own empire really. She'll use any emotional pain from losing her Dad as fuel to motivate her with anything she does.

There's my take!
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by prnjcq7 View Post
    HOLY SHIT!!

Yes, my mentor always would stress Mars/Pluto aspects...along with Saturn/Pluto, but that's another story...and Scorp/Leo, yeeeeow!

She's going to be soooo enigmatic with all of that Scorpio energy...Scorpio (I believe anyway, other astrologers have different opinions I'm sure) is the most spellbinding, fascinating and powerful sign in the zodiac--fearless and sometimes ruthless in getting what they want if they set their minds to it. They are powerful creatures. With the Leo factor, it's going to bring in great stage presence, enthusiasm and absolutely no fear for anything, a "lioness" if you will. No one will be able to stop her! Throw in that l'il Aries inconjunct--hello go-getter. She has the astrological tools to start her own empire really. She'll use any emotional pain from losing her Dad as fuel to motivate her with anything she does.

There's my take!
    Cool. I'm going to look for her birth time because I wanna know where Pluto sits in her chart. If it's on her Ascendant, she'll be ruthless. (Or if Mars is there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Totally not surprised about this one. She's what astrologers refer to as "Scorpio Leos". A powerhouse with all the Mars-Pluto traits I've been harping on about.

Bindi Sue Irwin
    July 24, 1988
    Nambour, Queensland, Australia.
    (noon birthtime used for calculation purposes).

Leo Sun
    Scorpio Moon
    Scorpio Rising
    Pluto in Scorpio inconjunct Mars in ARIES!!

As Buz Myers, noted astrologer always used to say: "Mars Pluto, anyone?!"

Oh she'll be fine as long as she's allowed run amok which pretty much she'll insist on anyway (think Oprah, Madonna, Trump, Angelina, Babwa, all the rest of those Mars Pluto people... see other thread Angelina Jolie disses Shiloh and admits Brad Pitt knocked her up.

She actually told her mother she loved her daddy more than her. I can understand the context, but still.... If my daughter had ever said that to me, I'd feel kicked in the stomach.

This girl will be more intimidating than Angelina Jolie ever thought about being. Yes, she's an adorable, articulate little girl. But just wait.

prnjc7, what do you think?

She was actually born - July 24th, 1998

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information