View Poll Results: Been without TV for ten months..like it this way. What do you think?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good idea

27 58.70%
  • I could never give up my TV programs.

19 41.30%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ten months without TV!

I could never do it myself, but wholeheartedly support someone else who can.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Hit By Ban Bus!

I confess that during my last vacation to Florida I had to miss the Deadliest Catch finale and I was really bummed. AND I confess that when the local channel started broadcasting weather reports during the finale of Friday Night Lights I was so ticked that I actually called and told them if I wanted to know the freaking weather I'd watch the weather channel. ... OK I see I haven't let it go yet.

Well, good job on giving it up! I can't imagine it... too hard for a couch potato like myself. Well, actually, I don't really watch too much TV nowadays either, but I still like having it there. Along with reading, it's the only thing I can use to take my mind off anything depressing. I like the escapism.

The internet is worse. I went without it once for 3 weeks (TOO LONG, lol) and I was telling people 'It feels like I've lost my kid!' and they're all 'Oh man, you have problems'. True... god forbid anything ever happens to the Internet!

I only turn the TV on for the news, but I watch a lot of shows on my computer.

I don't miss the commercials, that's for sure.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I confess that during my last vacation to Florida I had to miss the Deadliest Catch finale and I was really bummed. AND I confess that when the local channel started broadcasting weather reports during the finale of Friday Night Lights I was so ticked that I actually called and told them if I wanted to know the freaking weather I'd watch the weather channel. ... OK I see I haven't let it go yet.
    I feel like doing that when I'm watching cable, and at around 4 in the morning my cable company decides to do a test of the emergency broadcast system. I'm thinking 'why are you testing it, since I don't remember anybody ever using it not even on 9/11?'

I rather watch all my shows from the Internet in few days lol

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I did 3 years in my early 20's. I saw the odd thing at people's houses but didn't have one of my own. I don't think I even saw a movie during that time. It was brilliant. I did a lot of stuff I probably wouldn't have done otherwise. See how long you can go.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

A*O

We've been on family vacations without TV or internet access and were dreading it but in fact it was OK. If you know it's not available you do other stuff like talk, read, listen to music, do jigsaws, play board games. It sounds very Waltons I know but after a couple of days you don't even think about what you are missing on TV or the internets tube. I think TV/internet is a habit a lot of the time. Wake up, have coffee, turn on TV/computer. If it's not there you find other things to do although if I had to give up one or the other it would be ditch the TV and keep the internet. I need it for work apart from anything else.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information