Page 8 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Teen Mom

Um, whoever wrote that article is just a tad too sympathetic toward Farrah. Farrah is a complete bitch to her mother & admitted to Dr. Drew that they both were scuffling and being physical before her mother flipped out. Her mom is weird & obnoxious, but I haven't heard anything about her mother being "abusive" to Farrah before that incident. Has anybody else? Wonder why she doesn't want the grandmother to have visitation.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

fgg

i think she actually slapped her in the first season. i can totally see her mom being abusive.

She might be, I just haven't heard a thing beyond the one incident. Which I'm not sure I even classify as "abuse" but more like domestic violence.

Was wondering where the hell the Paternal Grandparents were.

Team Farrah on this one. If it were my grandchild I would have been reaching out long before this. Hell you would think with them losing their son they would have reached out even sooner to have a connection to him.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Team Farrah on this one. If it were my grandchild I would have been reaching out long before this. Hell you would think with them losing their son they would have reached out even sooner to have a connection to him.
    That's what I was wondering---considering he died so young and tragically, I naturally assumed his parents would be all over that baby. I'm sure there's a lot we don't know about, but still.....took the sister long enough too.

I was really surprised the paternal grandparents hadn't bothered with Sophia up until now. Maybe they didn't think Sophia was their grandchild until the DNA proved it? Not sure.

I understand Farrah not wanting to hand her kid over to Derek's parents for visitation when they've never been a part of Sophia's life, but unless they are absolutely toxic people, it's a shame not to try and foster some sort of relationship between Sophia and her father's family. I would resent the hell out of them trying to keep me from moving too, but I might try and toss them a bone for the kid's sake.

Yeah but after being dragged to court after what sounds like no effort by Stormie to work with Farrah I don't blame her for saying hell no. It seemed like Farrah was really open to being around the sister.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I didn't know Derek died 2 months before Sophia was even born. It always surprised me that Farrah made it a point in her 16 and Pregnant episode to NOT speak about the baby daddy. Now to know that she lost him during filming just shocks me, because I don't recall her reacting to it. Then we found out through Dr. Drew that she never actually told Derek about her pregnancy. I'd really like to know all sides of this story, it just keeps confusing me.

Wonder if Derek's family wants to cash in on Teen Mom too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I had a friend who was always afraid to file for custody rights because she was afraid of her daughter's mother trying for any sort of custody. Weird things do happen like that and I can see why Farrah would be reluctant to let them into her life. By all accounts they didn't have anything to do with Sophia until recently. Not really fair to just jump into a kids life and expect whatever they want.

Maybe I'm a little too far into the tequila tonight, but didn't she say on the wrap up show or during some recent interview that his parents were involved and she was spending time with them and valued their support? I mention the tequila so I don't have to go searing the netz in support of my rambling.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

So, Gary & Amber are done and Amber may be facing charges:

As if there wasn't enough drama inherent in being a teen mom. On a reality show. With a bit of a violence problem.

Now the cops are getting involved.

E! News has confirmed that police are planning to subpoena MTV (which boasts either the greatest or worst casting, we can't decide) for the unedited footage of the decidedly one-sided fight between the show's most infamous Teen Mom, Amber Portwood, and what has to be the most bruised teen dad, Gary Shirley.

MORE: Chelsea's take on the teen mom explosion

"We're looking for any behavior that would be considered to be unlawful where the law is broken," Indiana's Anderson Police Department spokesman Mitch Carroll told E! News, adding that police are currently drafting a subpoena to send to MTV.

"From what we have seen so far from the allegations, and we have to bear in mind that we're dealing with edited footage, it could be something as simple as misdemeanor domestic violence battery—a Class A misdemeanor. Or if it is in fact found to have occurred in the presence of a child less than 14 years of age it could be upgraded to a Class D felony."

Unless MTV is suddenly in the business of CGI'ing toddlers into reality show scenes, it certainly appears to be the latter.

Carroll said that both Portwood and Shirley have fully cooperated with the police and both even came in last month to provide them with statements in the investigation, which remains open.

But while they came in together to deal with police, it's probably the last such trip they'll make in tandem.

The duo has reportedly (mercifully) split. And cashing in on their 15 minutes seems to run in Amber's family, as her dad Shawn Portwood has already told all to RadarOnline.com.

"They don't belong together," he said. "They just don't mix. There's not enough there. They separated and she's moving on."

Read more: Police Ready to Slap Teen Mom Amber Portwood Right Back (With a Subpoena) - E! Online

fgg

Teen Mom Amber's mother: 'Amber should quit the show'

Teen Mom's Amber Portwood's mother, Tonya, speaks out exclusively to Life & Style to separate truth from rumor. For months she's stayed silent while her 20-year-old daughter was shown physically and verbally abusing former fiancé Gary Shirley in front of the couple's toddler, Leah, 2, on the MTV series Teen Mom.

Amber wasn't always so volatile, Tonya insists to Life & Style. "She needs a break from filming. Although she's already started shooting season three, "I think she should quit now," Tonya says. "Things need to calm down. There's been way too much drama."

Even before Gary came into the picture, Tonya reveals, Amber had been emotionally damaged by the loss of her infant sister, Candace, who died from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome when Amber was just 6. "That was her baby sister," says Tonya. "Amber just loved her."

Above all, there's one urgent message Tonya wants to convey: Amber is making the necessary changes. "She's left Gary," Tanya tells Life & Style. "When she's not with Gary, she's fine. She's looking for a better place to raise Leah. She's seeing a therapist. She's getting herself straightened out. She's trying to turn her life around.

mmhhmmmm, her mom can surely say something, but why isn't she there helping her daughter and teaching her how to be an adult woman and responsible mother. That mother is as responsible for this mess as Amber and Gary are the grandfathers.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Mom is very original oompa loompa-looking. And her statements remind me of white oprah's. Nothing is the daughter's fault, it's all because of shit other people have done, traumas, circumstances, blah blah blah. Yes, Amber needs some professional help but she needs to own her stuff too.

Page 8 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread Information