Page 25 of 91 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Teen Mom

Amber is very mentally unstable. That's why Gary should be treating her very carefully, especially in front of the child. He did some really cruel things to her just to get some sort of rise out of her (like moving in with her after she expressly told she did want him to, not coming over to take the child on the night of her birthday just to "show her", etc.). You don't do things like that to people who are mentally disturbed and who might snap. She had no right to hit him. He had no right to push her further over the edge. He made no attempt to protect his child from a mother who desperately needed mental help--he just made life harder for her. I despise Gary as much as I despise Amber. At least he's older and marginally educated. She's a teenaged high-school drop-out who failed her GED attempts with flying colors and has been on psychiatric medications since the kid was born and is unable to control her impulses or emotions. She fucking needed help and he tried to make her life worse. She had the job and apartment--he just sat around on his ass and refused to work or get his own place.

Sorry for the rant. I hate them. I hope that poor baby never has to see either one of those pieces of trash ever again.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Amber had no right to hit Gary but that fat son of a bitch is not an innocent saint either. I feel sorry for the baby, having these two lumps of shit as parents. But it won't turn me off the show...I am totally addicted to this trashy show!!

Amber dropped out of high school before she ever got pregnant, so you can't blame that on Gary or Leah. She also supposedly has a violent history from before she got pregnant, so again, her not controlling her impulses was not because she became a mom. I remember the episode where she was put on antidepressants - she totally snowed her GP. She claimed that she was just so saaad and overwhelmed because she was a hardworking mom and couldn't handle it. The reality is, she just wanted an excuse to quit her GED classes and not do anything and stay in bed all day.

Also, Amber's "job" was working part-time at a tanning salon and she did that only when Gary was unemployed. As soon as Gary got a new job, Amber quit hers. She was on welfare - that's how she got the apartment. She didn't work for it, unless you call popping out Leah work.

I have no sympathy for Amber and the "she just needs help" defense. She is a lazy, violent ass. She's had literally years to get her GED, including when she was unemployed and stayed home all day doing nothing, actively neglecting her daughter. Once Leah was out of Amber's custody and Gary was out of her life, she proceeded to spend her time having sex with strangers and getting drunk. Exactly what is anyone supposed to applaud Amber for or have any sympathy for? What does she need help with? The fact that she has no job, doesn't work, doesn't go to school, is an abusive partner and a neglectful parent? The only help Amber needs is some jail time and a Mirena insertion.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Teen Mom's Amber Portwood Released from Jail
    By Lesley Messer

Tuesday December 28, 2010 04:45 PM EST

Amber Portwood's mug shot
    Madison County/Splash News Online

A day after she was put behind bars at the Madison County jail in Anderson, Ind., for slapping and choking her ex-fiancé, Teen Mom star Amber Portwood is a free woman.

The reality TV star was released from the jail Tuesday afternoon, a source at the jail tells PEOPLE. The court automatically entered a not guilty plea for Portwood before she was released, according to her lawyer.

On Monday, Portwood began a 24-hour hold stemming from criminal charges filed against her earlier in the day for a physical altercation she had with her ex, Gary Shirley, with whom she has a 2-year-old daughter, Leah.

Portwood, 20, was charged with three felonies, including two counts of domestic battery and one count of neglect of a dependent. She was also charged with one misdemeanor charge of domestic battery.

In July, Portwood told PEOPLE that that fight, which was captured by MTV cameras, was difficult for her to watch when it aired.

"I don't like seeing myself in that way," she said at the time. "It portrays me how I am in that moment, but it's not me, and I don't want people thinking I'm just a physical person because I'm not."

She'd also begun mixed martial arts training, as a form of self-defense and an outlet for aggression.

"It's a great stress reliever," she said. "It's amazing."
    Teen Mom's Amber Portwood Out of Jail : People.com

Teen Mom Amber Portwood to Be Reunited with Daughter
    By Lesley Messer

Tuesday December 28, 2010 07:35 PM EST

Amber Portwood
    Jae Donnelly/INF

Teen Mom star Amber Portwood's life is about to get a whole lot better.

The reality TV star, who was released from jail Tuesday after spending 24 hours behind bars on charges of battery for fighting with her ex-fiancé Gary Shirley, will soon be reunited with her 2-year-old daughter, Leah, according to her lawyer.

"It's my understanding that Leah will be placed back with her," attorney Robert Schembs tells PEOPLE.

On Monday Portwood, 20, was charged with three felonies, including two counts of domestic battery and one count of neglect of a dependent, as well as one misdemeanor charge of domestic battery. She was booked Monday afternoon and kept overnight at the Madison County jail in Anderson, Ind.

She is no longer allowed to have contact with Shirley, according to Schembs. Still, he adds, "To my knowledge, they're on good terms."

"I'm really proud of her," Schembs says, adding that he saw the reality TV star Monday night in jail. "She was staying strong. Her outlook was positive. She had shock, of course, but having said that, she was in good spirits. She's really trying."
    Teen Mom Amber Portwood to Be Reunited with Daughter - Crime & Courts, Teen Mom : People.com

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Amber is very mentally unstable. That's why Gary should be treating her very carefully, especially in front of the child. He did some really cruel things to her just to get some sort of rise out of her (like moving in with her after she expressly told she did want him to, not coming over to take the child on the night of her birthday just to "show her", etc.). You don't do things like that to people who are mentally disturbed and who might snap. She had no right to hit him. He had no right to push her further over the edge. He made no attempt to protect his child from a mother who desperately needed mental help--he just made life harder for her. I despise Gary as much as I despise Amber. At least he's older and marginally educated. She's a teenaged high-school drop-out who failed her GED attempts with flying colors and has been on psychiatric medications since the kid was born and is unable to control her impulses or emotions. She fucking needed help and he tried to make her life worse. She had the job and apartment--he just sat around on his ass and refused to work or get his own place.

Sorry for the rant. I hate them. I hope that poor baby never has to see either one of those pieces of trash ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by baked_tater View Post
    Amber had no right to hit Gary but that fat son of a bitch is not an innocent saint either. I feel sorry for the baby, having these two lumps of shit as parents. But it won't turn me off the show...I am totally addicted to this trashy show!!
    What loads of bullshit! Again, if it was a an and someone was making those excuses for him like the two of you are for Amber... they would get their ass handed to them! I cannot believe the two of you!?!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I called them both stacks of shit, and please read my post again, where did I make an excuse for Amber? I merely added that Gary was a fat stack of not innocent shit himself. Just because she hit his sorry ass does not mean he was not as equally abusive to her, unfortunately people dont go to jail for being passive aggressive and mentally abusive. But whatevs.
    Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    What loads of bullshit! Again, if it was a an
    and someone was making those excuses for him like the two of you are for Amber... they would get their ass handed to them! I cannot believe the two of you!?!

^^I am sorry HON, but the shit that he did like not wanting to watch their daughter on her birthday is not a call for her to hit him! But whatevs!

And it sure as HELL is NOT abuse. If she's so fucking mentally unstable, she should NOT have that child. Raising a child doesn't earn you a fucking learning curve! You get it fucking right because the consequences can be dire. And a person who will hit the father like that will eventually take it out on that little girl as well! The bitch should be locked up, forced to get counselling and have her child removed from her home PERMANENTLY!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Watching Gary throughout those seasons, I'd say he was emotionally abusive. She was abusive in other ways. They are both disgusting assholes. And I agree, Mel, there's no way she should be able to keep that child. But Gary should definitely not have her, and I doubt the courts would give her to him. He's not a fit parent, either.

^^Whatever you have to tell yourself!! Cause we all know that words hurt more than a fist, being kicked down the stairs, or even being beat in front of my own daughter!!

I think she was implying that neither parent should have the child, not that Gary was preferable.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

The whole point here is that they are BOTH worthless and NEITHER of them deserve to have custody of Leah. Should Amber have hit Gary? No. Does she deserve jail time for it? Sure. However, Gary is just as worthless and his treatment towards Amber and anyone else in his life is not commendable. I mean his own mother doesn't want him living with her, that says something about him.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

My concern is for little Leah. With the family situation she was born into, I can see her easily repeating the cycle of Amber's life. There is no stability for Leah at all, and her early childhood has been televised for all to see the dysfunction. The best thing that could happen to this little girl is to be taken away permanently and placed with an adoptive family to give her a decent start at life. Hell I don't even like kids and I'd take her in a second.

Little Leah is as fucked as the day is long. No hope so long as she belongs to these useless fucks.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Holy shitballs, this bitch is making $280,000 a year according to the court documents.

After 24 hours in jail, a judge orders Amber to appear in court and reveal what MTV pays her — and it’s much more than anyone thought!

It appears Amber Portwood is taking home some pretty major bucks for her role on the MTV hit show Teen Mom — to the tune of $280,000! In allowing MTV to exploit her life and often volatile personal relationships, the young mom is making more money than most Americans — does this seem fair?

The Teen Mom star was booked on two felony counts and a misdemeanor for domestic battery on Dec. 27., after being picked up by local police at her home in Anderson, Ind., and brought to the Madison County Jail. Upon being released from jail on $5,000 bond, the 20-year-old appeared before Madison County magistrate Steven Clase, using a video feed from the jail, and was ordered to reveal her salary — $280,000!

The Herald Bulletin reports that Amber told the judge that her occupation was a “television personality” and when first asked to state her salary, her lawyer Kathleen Sweeney objected.

Until further notice, Amber is barred from contacting her ex-boyfriend Gary Shirley “indefinitely.”
    ‘Teen Mom’ Amber Portwood Tells Judge Her MTV Salary Is $280,000 A Year — Is It Too Much? « Hollywood Life

Thread Information