Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Superman Returns

Default Re: Superman Returns

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Omg.. they're using John Williams's music from the original Superman film, with new music by John Ottman to fill in the gaps, matching styles.
    Good. I'm glad it ain't Jerry Goldsmith. He sucks it big time. Oh,wait... He's dead now.

I kid, I kid...

SVZ

he has contacts in

as compared to:

I don't think I like Brandon. He looks like a smug Superman. Christy at least had a humility about him. Hmph. You better not disappoint us, Brandon! *shakes fist*

SVZ

he doesn't do anything for me...he rivals natalie portman in woodenness

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    he has contacts in

as compared to:

You're right. They DO look fake, though, and only show clearly in major close-ups. Otherwise they need to be digitally enhanced.

I'll just stick with the real deal

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

*remembers why she had a huge crush on Christoper Reeve... until she saw Deathtrap*

I used to love Superman. Unfortunately, I developed a taste for superheroes with an attitude and a chip on their shoulder. Superman's just too...nice. Too pretty.

I'll take Spawn or Batman (the Batman Begins or comic book version), thanks. Hell, I'll even take Spiderman just because Tobey McGuire made me like the character so much. Ok, fine. I'll take anyone whose disguise isn't a pair of glasses and hair gel.

It's a little disappointing because I was so hooked on Superman when I was little and now all I can think is, "He's such a pansy!"

Meh. At least Brandon Routh is cute. I'll go watch it for that reason and maybe I'll get an intriguing plot and lots of explosions in the process. I still won't think Superman's any cooler, though. He's just really at the bottom of the Bad Ass Scale and want my superheroes to be as Bad Ass as the supervillian.

AyanEva

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    *remembers why she had a huge crush on Christoper Reeve... until she saw Deathtrap*
    Really? I really loved how he and Michael Caine hammed it up in that one. They later did "Noises Off" about a feuding theater company, that largely consisted of mute slapstick behind the curtains while some of the actors were in front of them on the stage performing. Both were hamming it up, comically this time, in that one, too.

Did you ever see him in that Fairytale Theater thing that Shelley Duvall series where famous fairy tales were acted out by big celebrity names? He played a very sissy, prissy prince in one of them, had me on the floor laughing too!

***** celeb

^^ I may have seen the fairy tale thing, but I definately saw Noises Off in college and LOVED it! It was Reeves's swishy character in Deathtrap that killed my crush. I guess even as a young girl I preferred the "manly" types. But then, how would you explain my brief crush on Barry Manilow?

^^ I may have seen the fairy tale thing, but I definately saw Noises Off in college and LOVED it! It was Reeves's swishy character in Deathtrap that killed my crush. I guess even as a young girl I preferred the "manly" types. But then, how would you explain my brief crush on Barry Manilow?
    Of course a lot of the humor also finds its origin in his big, bulky body, especially when he's doing rather sissy stuff. I mean, my all time fave crush is several inches shorter than Chris was, but already in his case it's fun to see how one's size can make the most normal things look ridiculous. (look at the "Ishtar" trailer in his thread, the dancemoves)
    Didn't Chris also play in a movie with Burt Reynolds and I believe Kathleen Turner, in which he was afraid of heights? Must be terrible at almost 6'5"

Barry Manilow? Lord, you must've been very, very young. Please tell me you were very young!

***** celeb

Yes, I was only 8 years old!

Yes, I was only 8 years old!
    Phew, that's okay then. I didn't exactly have a crush on Richard Chamberlain, but I did find him very goodlooking when he was younger. I always got an a-sexual vibe from him, but of course he was gay, too

***** celeb

superman is such a silly looking superhero
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

At least the version with Nicolas Cage as Superman never panned out - and production was halted way back when.

Can you imagine that ugly mug as a superhero? Ew!!!!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Elite Member

Brandon Routh has a better physique than Christopher Reeve had. Chris Reeve was a little thinner and I like Brandon's muscular body more.

IMO Brandon Routh photographs really well. He has a great 'model' face. But you see him at these movie premieres and he isn't that great-looking. I think he photographs a lot better than what he really is in person. He's not charismatic at all either. He's like this big dork when they interview him. Chris Reeve was very classy. This guy Brandon fellow isn't polished or charismatic at all.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information