Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree498Likes

Thread: Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Loving this show. Very cute. It's a Tina Fey show.

I LOVE this show. I catch myself sing "Pinot Noir", and the opening song, all the time.
    sputnik likes this.

Reign. Its on both Netflix and Prime. Its historical fiction about Mary Queen of Scots. I actually like it and I'm kind of surprised its a CW show. Its the only CW show I've ever watched other than Tyra's model competition (which i can't remember the name of right now).
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^I watch it occasionally just because half the main cast are Aussie ex-Neighbours stars, and I do like the costumes and scenery and the fact Mary is a bossy bitch, but it's pure soapy trash. And I would have chosen Bash over milquetoast Prince Boring any day.
    greysfang likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Totally agree with you on Bash. He's hot and he can do shit. But truthfully, I would have taken mad King Henry before either boy.
    faithanne likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yep the old king looks like he'd be a goer.

I started watching sons of anarchy tonight. I'm starting to see what all the hype was about.

I got bored with Unbreakable Kimmy after two episodes.

I started with The Borgias (its on HBO on demand here) and I shit you not, I watched like 40 minutes of the pilot waiting Jeremy Irons to appear. I thought that the first episode is setting up Jeremy Irons characters background, and any minute the real show will start. I've heard that its really good, but the show I was watching was just total shit. Then my husband arrived, heard my bitching and shortly informed me that there is two shows, both called The Borgias and the other one is shit and the other one is with Jeremy Irons. And both were available on the streaming service. The one with Jeremy is actually really good, I love it.

Then we have Lip Service available on a local service. I'm half way through the first season and I pretty much like it. Ruta Gedmintas is gorgeous.
    greysfang likes this.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

^Lol I made the same mistake on YouTube watching what I thought was The Borgias but turned out to be the other dud production where the Pope sounds like Tony Soprano. The Jeremy Irons version is great.

And I also loved Lip Service apart from the chick who played Sam, she was too boring and unattractive. I love flakey Frankie.

eta The Borgias is the good one, the shit one is just Borgia.
    Linne likes this.

To be fair to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, I also didn't like it until the 3rd or 4th episode...and quite a few people I know said the very same thing.

Of course, then Jon Hamm showed up and I was done.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by firebrat1229 View Post
    To be fair to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, I also didn't like it until the 3rd or 4th episode...and quite a few people I know said the very same thing.

Of course, then Jon Hamm showed up and I was done.
    I'm also watching New Girl season 3 at the moment so adding Kimmy to that mix would be little too much of Manix Pixie girl thing. I haven't had so much shows to watch for a long time. My watch list has currently: Fortitude, The Borgias, New Girl, Lip Service, Vikings (i'm bit bored with it). Waiting for Penny Dreadful season 2 to start in May.

Also in Netflix if you are a Nordic fan you should watch Welcome to Sweden. Very true and funny.
    firebrat1229 likes this.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

anyone watching the new netflix show Bloodline? it's a family drama, set in the florida keys.
    I've watched 4.5 episodes so far and i'm really enjoying it. i liked it right away although it's true the first episode takes a while for the story to get going but once it does, it's pretty addictive. i'd call it upscale trash lol, in the sense that it's well written and smart but still appeals to your basic trashy television needs and it's all about a rich family with lots of secrets.
    also, it stars coach (aka kyle chandler) and my original senior citizen boyfriend, sam shepard, who's still mighty fuckable at 71. and sissy spacek and linda cardellini, so pretty great casting all around. and the guy who plays the prodigal son is great too.
    Last edited by sputnik; March 23rd, 2015 at 01:11 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

i loved unbreakable kimmy schmidt! well, after the first episode - which i hated. the theme song is the most upbeat intro ever!

i watched the whole bloodline season this weekend. it was ok. not sure where it goes in season 2 that would be interesting.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Binge watching Rescue Me. GD Denis Leary's character is a serious manwhore for reals!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    anyone watching the new netflix show Bloodline? it's a family drama, set in the florida keys.
    I've watched 4.5 episodes so far and i'm really enjoying it. i liked it right away although it's true the first episode takes a while for the story to get going but once it does, it's pretty addictive. i'd call it upscale trash lol, in the sense that it's well written and smart but still appeals to your basic trashy television needs and it's all about a rich family with lots of secrets.
    also, it stars coach (aka kyle chandler) and my original senior citizen boyfriend, sam shepard, who's still mighty fuckable at 71. and sissy spacek and linda cardellini, so pretty great casting all around. and the guy who plays the prodigal son is great too.
    You had me at Cardellini.
    sputnik likes this.

^^^^ Me too!
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information