Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1214
Like Tree927Likes

Thread: Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

Yeah, that's the other thing about predator types: they are like sharks, excellent at sniffing out gullible or vulnerable people who would fall for their shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I just finished the newest season of Grace and Frankie. It still boggles my mind how anyone that is 81 can look that freaking good. Anyway, I need a new series to bite into ... any suggestions?
    I just started watching it. I feel weird about coveting the hair and wardrobe of an 81 year old woman.
    Nevan, sputnik and fgg like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I just watched "The Words" on Amazon Prime. I've never been a fan of Bradley Cooper, but he was great in this and I found him attractive (which I have never thought of him) Lots of great actors in this one

I just bingewatched Russian Doll on Netflix. I love Groundhog's Day-type of movies or shows, and this was really good. It's about a woman who keeps dying and ending up back at her birthday party.
    Beeyotch, Froogy and fgg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    I just bingewatched Russian Doll on Netflix. I love Groundhog's Day-type of movies or shows, and this was really good. It's about a woman who keeps dying and ending up back at her birthday party.
    I started this today. I love the actress, she is also in Orange Is The New Black. Her hairstyle in this explains the hairstyle in the last season of OITNB.

Elite Member

I abandoned You after a few episodes because I hated Beck. Only got through a few episodes of Ozark -- didn't really like it. Just watched Handmaid's Tale and loved it. Watched Bodyguard and Homeland. I've seen Maisel. Enjoyed all of them. Tried High Castle - meh. I need a new show to binge. Any suggestions?

Just found this thread after telling Mr. Tulip last night we need a good show to binge. I'm such a dork I didn't realize this was discussing shows and not the streaming services themselves. (face palm)

Def will check out the Abducted and Fyre docs.
    palta likes this.

Oh, try to keep pushing through Ozark! I've heard a lot of people saying they give up after a few episodes, but I promise it gets much better. It's one of my favorite series and I'm eagerly anticipating the new season.
    tulip and bootspaige like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I haven’t started ozark yet because I keep hearing it’s infuriatingly slow, in a typical Netflix “let’s stretch every episode into 3 so we can take two seasons to even get to the point of the story type of way”. Is it? Or is it just the first few episodes?
    and I like slow shows, but organically slow ones that take their time, not this streaming platform bullshit.

i think Russian doll might be next on my list.
    Last edited by sputnik; February 4th, 2019 at 11:49 AM.
    Sarzy likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I abandoned You after a few episodes because I hated Beck. Only got through a few episodes of Ozark -- didn't really like it. Just watched Handmaid's Tale and loved it. Watched Bodyguard and Homeland. I've seen Maisel. Enjoyed all of them. Tried High Castle - meh. I need a new show to binge. Any suggestions?

Just found this thread after telling Mr. Tulip last night we need a good show to binge. I'm such a dork I didn't realize this was discussing shows and not the streaming services themselves. (face palm)

Def will check out the Abducted and Fyre docs.
    Fictional: I really enjoyed Transfers (Transferts in the original French), The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Crazy Ex Girlfriend, and The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix; Sneaky Pete, The Last Tycoon, and Ray Donovan on Amazon Prime; and The Exorcist tv show, The Good Place (old seasons also on Netflix), and Unreal on Hulu.

Reality: Trigger Warning with Killer Mike, Grand Designs, Fake or Fortune, and Hidden Singer (not the same as The Masked Singer) on Netflix; Pioneer Quest on Amazon Prime, and The Wine Show on Hulu; and Supersizers Go! and Victorian Farm on YouTube.
    Last edited by Lalasnake; February 3rd, 2019 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention that The Exorcist, The Good Place, and Unreal are on Hulu.
    tulip likes this.

How about Bloodline tulip? It's on Netflix, all three seasons are out, has a great cast, great scenery and story. Highly recommend if you haven't given that a try yet.

I also second Nevan's sentiment to try and push through Ozark, it is a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Ozark is slow and the characters kept making one bad decision after another. It has great performances but sometimes the story is just not believable. Loved the old criminal couple, and the young girl thief.
    I watched the first season but I decided not to watch the second one.

High Castle has a great first episode, but the rest is sooo boring. I hated the main character so much.

Loved Ms Maisel first season. It has great supporting performances, I especially loved Tony Shalhoub in this.

I keep meaning to check out Ms Maisel....

The Fyre doc really held my interest. It was insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I keep meaning to check out Ms Maisel....
    The first season was great and the second one was forgettable. The wardrobes were amazing though.

I watched "The Two Killings of Sam Cooke" this morning and it was rather informative on his social activism and the shady circumstances surrounding his death.
    Novice likes this.

Abducted in plain sight and the docu on the Fyre festival. If you want to trip right on the fuck out. Watch these two documentaries. Both stories are just fuckin bananas!
    Waterslide likes this.
    When the end comes I know, it was just a Gigolo, Life goes on without me. CUZ................................

Thread Information