Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree659Likes

Thread: Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    We just watched Wild Wild Country on Netflix. You guys, you should definitely watch it. Very interesting and I think the producers did a great job of playing both sides. I'm from the Portland area, which is where a lot of this actually happened, and I feel like I have slight memories of the Rajneeshi's in PDX. But, maybe I'm wrong. The Bhagwan came to Oregon the same month/year that I moved here, too. Weird.
    Thanks for recommending this. I would never have known about it otherwise. I've watched the first episode and am so bummed I have to work today instead of staying home and bingeing on it. What surprised me most is how normal Sheela is - so far.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

We've been watching Jinx which is on HBO but we get it through amazon. It's about Robert Durst. So, so good. Man he is one sick puppy.
    fgg, Daphodil and Honeythorn like this.

fgg

^the best is the end of the very last episode, if my memory serves.
    NoDayButToday likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Binge watching PACKED TO THE RAFTERS. Good show. Loving Aussie television.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Anyone lovin The Rain? There are 8 episodes so far on Netflix. I just finished #4. It got me on the first episode. It's scheduled for a second season. I appreciate their effort at dubbing this because I do hate subtitles. I try not to concentrate on their lips.....lol

The world as we know it has come to an end, due to a rain-carried virus that wiped out nearly everybody in Scandinavia. Six years after that event, two Danish siblings emerge from the safety of the bunker where they have been staying. After discovering all remnants of civilization gone, they join a group of fellow young survivors, and together they head out on a danger-filled quest throughout the abandoned land in search of signs of life. The survivors think they have been set free from societal rules of the past, but they quickly find that even in a post-apocalyptic world there is love, jealousy and other coming-of-age dilemmas that young people have always faced.

fgg

we've burned through pretty much everything decent on netflix and amazon so we just ordered acorn which is british & australian shows. we've already hit on some winners!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    Anyone lovin The Rain? There are 8 episodes so far on Netflix. I just finished #4. It got me on the first episode. It's scheduled for a second season. I appreciate their effort at dubbing this because I do hate subtitles. I try not to concentrate on their lips.....lol

The world as we know it has come to an end, due to a rain-carried virus that wiped out nearly everybody in Scandinavia. Six years after that event, two Danish siblings emerge from the safety of the bunker where they have been staying. After discovering all remnants of civilization gone, they join a group of fellow young survivors, and together they head out on a danger-filled quest throughout the abandoned land in search of signs of life. The survivors think they have been set free from societal rules of the past, but they quickly find that even in a post-apocalyptic world there is love, jealousy and other coming-of-age dilemmas that young people have always faced.
    I watched the first two episodes cause I was working from home yesterday. It was pretty good. The reviews I saw were very mixed. I'll probably continue watching it.

Still absolutely loving Killing Eve.
    Witchywoman likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

I’m sorry if it’s been addressed already but a girl at work told me about a Netflix show called Slasher. Anyone watch?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I’m sorry if it’s been addressed already but a girl at work told me about a Netflix show called Slasher. Anyone watch?
    I watched it. I think there were 3 seasons. Pretty good...
    SHELLEE likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

I am currently watching the new TV Series Picnic at Hanging Rock (on Australian cable), I think it's on Netflix

i saw netflix is advertising a new show with michael c. hall (dexter) called 'safe'. anyone watch it yet?
    CornFlakegrl likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i saw netflix is advertising a new show with michael c. hall (dexter) called 'safe'. anyone watch it yet?
    I'm actually watching now. It is pretty good. You need to pay attention though but there are a lot of details. I'm on S1E8
    sputnik likes this.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    we've burned through pretty much everything decent on netflix and amazon so we just ordered acorn which is british & australian shows. we've already hit on some winners!
    we also got britbox. so happy to have some new (to us) quality shows to watch!

I'm goin through the true crime stuff on Netflix. The one that was really good was Evil Genius. It's about the pizza delivery dude that was forced to wear a bomb around his neck and rob a bank. That one was so well put together. That whole story was sooooo effed up.
    fgg likes this.
    Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?

I just started watching The Fall this morning. It is with Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dorman (sp?) too lazy to Google.

It is pretty good. I'm up to Ep 5.
    Daphodil and fgg like this.

Thread Information