Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree498Likes

Thread: Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Too much Netflix.
    Seriously now want something new.

I just got a subscription to filmstruck, I love it. Tcm & criterion movies for streaming. Ive watched like 5 movies in 2 days, I love it. On Hulu, ive of course been watching golden girls and Seinfeld.

I have so many subscriptions, it's shameful, but I wanted that TCM one. When I used to have my normal schedule, I would watch so many old movies and now I never see them and I miss them.

I've been watching The Strain and Harlots on Hulu and on On Demand I've been struggling through The White Princess which is not even consistent with The White Queen. I was able to suspend my disbelief for TWQ, but it's painful for The White Princess.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

In case anyone started watching the last season of Bloodline, the courtroom scenes are in my courtroom that I work in. They came in and painted and made it look sooooo professional, which it never did before. The clerk is a girl I work with and the court reporter with the brown hair also works with me. I still haven't seen any of the seasons or episodes yet.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

i saw sarah silverman's 'speck of dust' on netflix. it was hilarious. at the end as the credits roll, there's video of her in the ER taken by boyfriend michael sheen's cell phone. she went there for a very painful sore throat that turned out to be a life-threatening abscess in her throat.

she was a very funny ER patient before they took her for surgery.

it thought her standup was great in this.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    In case anyone started watching the last season of Bloodline, the courtroom scenes are in my courtroom that I work in. They came in and painted and made it look sooooo professional, which it never did before. The clerk is a girl I work with and the court reporter with the brown hair also works with me. I still haven't seen any of the seasons or episodes yet.
    I was wondering which scenes would be showcasing your haunts. I watched it while doing other stuff, so I will go back and check out the court scenes again.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Elite Member

As much as I love music, I am not generally a fan of music documentaries (or books, or magazine articles, or podcasts about "we tried this mix, then that mix, then this mix, then the first one again, and then added a sitar and it all worked out".) So when I say I am totally floored by the "Long Strange Trip" Grateful Dead doc on Amazon prime, that's saying something. If you're not a deadhead, it may not speak to you, but if you've ever had a passing fancy for the band or the beat/hippie counterculture, I would highly recommend checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I started season 3. Feels like they're dragging it out but I am totally distracted by how handsome Kyle Chandler is, I'm hardly paying attention to the storyline. I could look at him all day.
    fgg and Waterslide like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I started season 3. Feels like they're dragging it out but I am totally distracted by how handsome Kyle Chandler is, I'm hardly paying attention to the storyline. I could look at him all day.
    Yeah, I miss seeing him around town.
    Waterslide likes this.

fgg

season 3 was terrible! i won't ruin it but the season was super slow and jumped the shark for me during the back half of the episodes.
    Waterslide likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

That's what I heard too.

Elite Member

Agreed that Kyle Chandler is smokin' hot and that season 3 of Bloodline = disappointing.

On a side note, we actually vacationed at that resort (it's called the Moorings Village) for our anniversary. We had one of the cottages right on the beach. It is so beautiful there. I really want to go back, but I'm not sure if we ever will. There are a lot of other destinations we want to go to, and the whole family just got passports this year. We are thinking about Bermuda or Belize.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    As much as I love music, I am not generally a fan of music documentaries (or books, or magazine articles, or podcasts about "we tried this mix, then that mix, then this mix, then the first one again, and then added a sitar and it all worked out".) So when I say I am totally floored by the "Long Strange Trip" Grateful Dead doc on Amazon prime, that's saying something. If you're not a deadhead, it may not speak to you, but if you've ever had a passing fancy for the band or the beat/hippie counterculture, I would highly recommend checking it out.
    By far, the best one I've seen is Tom Petty's music documentary, which I believe is on Netflix. It might be Prime though. It was much more about his life than most and was really in depth. It was refreshing how open and honest he was about what was happening.
    stella blue likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I saw some of that Tom Petty doc but was distracted and never quite finished it. What I did see, I agree was really in-depth about him, and made me feel more solidarity with him than ever before. The part about his father especially. It really adds dimension and builds on the feeling his music gives.
    greysfang likes this.

Elite Member

I'll have to check that one out. I loooooove Tom Petty.
    greysfang likes this.

Thread Information