Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Like Tree536Likes

Thread: Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

^^^that does sound good. i have an aversion to nicholas cage though. he's a good actor but if i ever see this i hope he's not in any love scenes cause he looks like he smells. i had to look away watching him on cher in moonstruck.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    ^^^that does sound good. i have an aversion to nicholas cage though. he's a good actor but if i ever see this i hope he's not in any love scenes cause he looks like he smells. i had to look away watching him on cher in moonstruck.
    No love scenes.
    panic likes this.

oh yeah, you have to see the last season. i'm on season 3 right now. by the way, i heard on howard that he is watching the sopranos all over again. he already saw it but he says he started watching it and doesn't remember any of it so he's enjoying as if seeing it for the first time.
    I think that's what I'm going to do. Start all over again with fresh eyes. I mostly remember specific scenes and moments than actual linear plot, so I'm looking forward to re-seeing it.

On the topic of things I'm NOT going to be watching...

This is my nightmare. If I hear his voice randomly in a movie or a commercial my skin starts crawling before I even realize it's him singing but then I always recognize it. He is not the King of Valentine's Day. He is the King of Hell. (Sorry if anyone likes him, but I can't.) I will be happy when that Netflix promo goes away.
    Last edited by Waterslide; February 13th, 2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: gross pic was way too big
    greysfang, panic, Beeyotch and 1 others like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I've been watching old Bones episodes. I missed most of this show when it was on TV and would just catch it now and again. I always liked it because it was set up so you could drop in and watch at any time without having missed much important.

Its a bit tough because David Boreanaz is so slimy to me now.
    Waterslide likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post

Waterslide likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Elite Member

Legend with Sean Bean. Finished S1 last night. I adore SB. Good show if you like government thrillers involving FBI/CIA/M16. First time I had seen Aly Larter in anything. She sucks, can't act worth a crap.

summer heights high on hbo-go is hilarious.
    JerriBlank and sputnik like this.

fgg

one child on netflix. it is a four part bbc show.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I've been watching old Bones episodes. I missed most of this show when it was on TV and would just catch it now and again. I always liked it because it was set up so you could drop in and watch at any time without having missed much important.

Its a bit tough because David Boreanaz is so slimy to me now.
    Feel the same regarding watching episodes (you could jump in anywhere and be fine, and few TV shows are set up like that anymore) and David Boreanaz.

It's terrifying, isn't it? lol

I have been watching Twin Peaks - for some reason, I never watched the show when it aired and now I don't know how I lived so long without it. I fucking love all of it. And I just got to the part with David Duchovny as a crossdresser and he's really funny. It's a shame that Sherilyn Fenn and Kyle MacLachlan didn't have bigger careers than they did (I know Kyle has worked steadily, but hasn't crossed my radar much) . Sherilyn Fenn could have had the acting skills of an ant and she's so beautiful to look at, it just wouldn't matter. It's kind of painful and heartbreaking watching Lara Flynn Boyle.

ETA - I kind of remember someone asking if The Killing was like Twin Peaks, and I think I did answer correctly in that they solve crimes over a whole season or so, but it wasn't as funny/campy. But what's weird to me is that I kind of remember they marketed The Killing to make you think it was similar, but other than the crime part, it's night and day.
    palta and panic like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^I love Twin Peaks.
    I remember watching an episode as a kid and finding it fascinating. Years later a friend lend me his vhs collection and I could finally watch the whole thing from start to end.
    I loved Agent Cooper and Audrey. Duchovny was amazing as Denise. And the scenes in the red room scared the shit out of me.
    sputnik likes this.

Are you a Netflix cheater?

(CNN)Put down the remote and remember your vows.

A Netflix study says a new kind of cheating is on the rise: More of us are sneaking away from our partners to watch that thing we promised we'd wait to watch with them.

The phenomenon has tripled since 2013, Netflix says.

According to the company's data, 48% of streaming couples in the U.S. include at least one partner who has "cheated" on the other.
    It isn't just an American pastime. It's happening around the world.

Mexico and Brazil have the most cheaters (58% and 57%, respectively), while the Netherlands has the most faithful viewers, with 73% of them remaining true.

We don't mean to. It just sort of happens.

Of those who cheated, 80% said it was unplanned.

"Nearly two-thirds (58%) of cheaters in the U.S. admitted they were unfaithful to their streaming partner due to 'an uncontrollable desire to find out what's next,'" the study says.

There's also a lot of "sorry, not sorry" going on.

Three in five say they would cheat more if they could be assured they wouldn't be caught.

And how are folks stepping out?

Mostly waiting until their partners fall asleep, though some said "sleep cheating" shouldn't really count.
    More than half are watching dramas over comedies without their loves.

The shows that are the most tempting? "Orange is The New Black," "The Walking Dead," "Breaking Bad," "House of Cards" and "Marvel's Daredevil."

While many folks don't take this kind of infidelity very seriously, 40% of those polled in Hong Kong said they believed that watching ahead of your partner is worse than having an actual affair.

Are you a Netflix cheater? - CNN.com

I'm guilty.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

i'm so not guilty but not because either of us cares if the other continues the series without the other, we don't. it's just not as fun for me watching without his comments during the show.

i haven't seen twin peaks either so i need to put that on my playlist.

You're weird, I hate people that talk through movies and shows. Let's talk after it's done.

I only cheat because my husband travels for work a lot. I don't feel guilty about watching GOT because I told him up front he was crazy if he thought I was waiting for him, but I did feel guilty about Orange is the New Black and Transparent.

i probably will hate when he talks during netflix someday, but it hasn't worn off yet.

I sometimes talk through shows at home. My husband hates it, he shoots me a *look* and rewinds it to make a point. I never do at movies, though. I think it's rude and tacky, just like taking phone calls during the damn movie (which has happened 2/4 times I've gone to the movies here; I've concluded Miamians are ANIMALS about this and simply dgaf.)

Anyway, we just finished Sneaky Pete on Amazon. It's good! Even if Giovanni Ribisi is a Scientologist and weird, tiny little man. Good actor. Bryan Cranston plays a villain and does such a good job that I hated him in this.

Thread Information